Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing but trollbait in this thread.

Adam Morrison won two NBA championships while all-time greats like Barkley and Malone won nothing. Championships are a nice accolade but are not necessarily essential to a person's greatness. A lot of the time it's a right place, right time sort of methodology. There are tons of great football players who never win a championship, and lots of scrubs that do, so it doesn't really mean as much when you already have incredible numbers. Is Dan Marino one of the greatest QBs of all time? Yes, does he have a ring? No.

Duncan is the best PF of all time because of the win percentages of this team since he got on board. He's a two-time league MVP, 3-time Finals MVP, and don't forget that he's still playing today with consistent numbers despite age and playing time cut down.

Also consider this, the San Antonio Spurs franchise was pretty mediocre to horrible before the 1997 season, even with David Robinson (another Hall of Famer who "never repeated"). Duncan put this team into the echelon of elite NBA teams (only about 5 are in the league) by being an essential anchor to 4 championship teams over multiple generations.

Quit the Kobe vs. Duncan arguments and Spurs vs. Lakers nonsense, I loved the rivalry back then, but it's definitely pretty much nonexistent now. I won't say Kobe isn't great because Jordan has better numbers and more les, nor will I say LeBron is better than Kobe because of his numbers (and his ring count is lower than Duncan's ATM)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol cripple b2b seasons injured....

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adam Morrison won two NBA championships while all-time greats like Barkley and Malone won nothing. Championships are a nice accolade but are not necessarily essential to a person's greatness. A lot of the time it's a right place, right time sort of methodology. There are tons of great football players who never win a championship, and lots of scrubs that do, so it doesn't really mean as much when you already have incredible numbers. Is Dan Marino one of the greatest QBs of all time? Yes, does he have a ring? No.

Duncan is the best PF of all time because of the win percentages of this team since he got on board. He's a two-time league MVP, 3-time Finals MVP, and don't forget that he's still playing today with consistent numbers despite age and playing time cut down.

Also consider this, the San Antonio Spurs franchise was pretty mediocre to horrible before the 1997 season, even with David Robinson (another Hall of Famer who "never repeated"). Duncan put this team into the echelon of elite NBA teams (only about 5 are in the league) by being an essential anchor to 4 championship teams over multiple generations.

Quit the Kobe vs. Duncan arguments and Spurs vs. Lakers nonsense, I loved the rivalry back then, but it's definitely pretty much nonexistent now. I won't say Kobe isn't great because Jordan has better numbers and more les, nor will I say LeBron is better than Kobe because of his numbers (and his ring count is lower than Duncan's ATM)
    "nothing but troll bait in this thread"

proceeds to bite right into the bait

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "nothing but troll bait in this thread"

proceeds to bite right into the bait

smh
    Well, in my defense, it was mostly targeted at the non-troll posters in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better question might be,,,,how does any team lose in 5 games to the Pistons in the Finals with Billups as their best player?
    When you have Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq, Kobe and Fish?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would McHale, Barkley or Malone be subbed out for rebounding in the closing seconds of a championship clenching game?
    No, and they still lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back to back proves your dominance, instead of waiting for a major injury to get lucky.
    You mean like how the Lakers 3peat started and how their last 2 les happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo.

Or McHale, or KG, or....
    Thread ended, shut these gots down before they even start. Damn Gayker fans with more time on their hands nowadays.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would someone mistake Jim to be the best at any position. He leads no category in statistics at PF, so why would you all be so stupid? More credit needs to be given to their coach and the Spurs system and not Jim. He's just been a very good plug in player for most of his career. I'll give him that.
    My negro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

And never repeated. I think we'll call him "Captain Asterisk"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh, Jim was just never that dominant. Good system player though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Der Führer!
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He'll repeat losing in the finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan hurt his knee in 2000 and missed the playoffs. Lakers never would have won that first le had that not happened.

Thread Information