My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Call Westbrook a SG
    2) Tell Reggie he has to play off the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder's biggest problem is that their two best players are both two-guards but neither one plays the two. Starting Jackson would help a bit, but they really need to get a legit three more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Westbrook for Rondo and Olynek. Then watch the Thunder take over the West.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder's biggest problem is that their two best players are both two-guards but neither one plays the two. Starting Jackson would help a bit, but they really need to get a legit three more.
    Positions tend only to matter on defense. More PGs play on the ball (Westbrook's strength on defense) while many SGs run around a lot of screens (Westbrook's weakness on defense). So Westbrook can guard PGs well enough that he can be slotted as a PG.

Durant is similary better suited guarding SFs than SGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positions tend only to matter on defense. More PGs play on the ball (Westbrook's strength on defense) while many SGs run around a lot of screens (Westbrook's weakness on defense). So Westbrook can guard PGs well enough that he can be slotted as a PG.

Durant is similary better suited guarding SFs than SGs.
    I think Durant is better suited to guard twos, myself. He needs to stay out on the perimeter as much as possible, and because two-guards tend to be lighter than SFs, Durant's length would matter more. Defensively, Westbrook can play both guards spots well, but it's debatable whether he should guard PGs consistently, though, due to the energy that takes. All in all, I think Russ at the one is the lesser of the problems, because, as you said, he plays the position well enough. He also has the upside to eventually pan out there.

But Durant really can't be a three anymore, or at least he shouldn't. He already plays the two on offense except for the misguided times he tried to post up. The biggest reason why it matters which position they play, though, is because it determines the fifth starter. Because Durant plays the three, they tend to slot two-guards (and PGs) into that last spot. In reality, they should be putting forwards there. Drafting a player like Kyle Anderson would balance their starting unit more than inserting Jackson and picking up another bench guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be smart and have Westbrook be the SG

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their biggest problem is they lack an offensive system. Even if Westbrook passes, he is just passing it to someone who is going to go one on one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Reggie as PG + Russel + Kevin solves any problems. Reggie seems to be a score first type of player himselve...so putting him in a 6th man role seems to be a perfect fit with this team.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder need for outside shooting. Look at the Spurs & Heat.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can OKC get 2 good bench players for Reggie?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can OKC get 2 good bench players for Reggie?
    They couldn't even get one for Harden.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    During his exit interview on Sunday, he reiterated: “I’d like to be a starter. I’m not going to lie.”

But following the series loss to San Antonio, coach Scott Brooks and the Thunder seemed non-committal, even a bit lukewarm on the thought.
    “Don’t know,” Brooks said. “It’s so early.”
    “I’m not sure, man,” Westbrook said of that starting backcourt. “Obviously we made those changes based on the series and based on different things throughout the playoffs. That’s something I’m not sure about.”
    For the team, it might be better to keep Jackson coming off the bench. Get him 30 minutes a night, give the second-unit a primary playmaker and then keep him out there with the starters in crunch time.
    But that’s looking more and more like a harder sell to Jackson.
    “It’s tough,” Jackson said of a sixth man role. “I’m really a control freak. I like to be in control. That’s kind of how I am. That’s how point guards tend to be. Kind of quirky. I like to feel in control, kind of running the show.”

But the Thunder already has a guy running the show. Name of Russell Westbrook, arguably the best point guard in the league.

“That’s what everybody keeps saying,” Jackson quipped.

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-reggie...875353/?page=2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During his exit interview on Sunday, he reiterated: “I’d like to be a starter. I’m not going to lie.”

But following the series loss to San Antonio, coach Scott Brooks and the Thunder seemed non-committal, even a bit lukewarm on the thought.
    “Don’t know,” Brooks said. “It’s so early.”
    “I’m not sure, man,” Westbrook said of that starting backcourt. “Obviously we made those changes based on the series and based on different things throughout the playoffs. That’s something I’m not sure about.”
    For the team, it might be better to keep Jackson coming off the bench. Get him 30 minutes a night, give the second-unit a primary playmaker and then keep him out there with the starters in crunch time.
    But that’s looking more and more like a harder sell to Jackson.
    “It’s tough,” Jackson said of a sixth man role. “I’m really a control freak. I like to be in control. That’s kind of how I am. That’s how point guards tend to be. Kind of quirky. I like to feel in control, kind of running the show.”

But the Thunder already has a guy running the show. Name of Russell Westbrook, arguably the best point guard in the league.

“That’s what everybody keeps saying,” Jackson quipped.

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-reggie...875353/?page=2
    Dude has two options.

Embrace the sixth man role and try to be the new James Harden off the bench for the Thunder and play for a contender...which, honestly, he could probably carve a good role out doing if he continues to expand his offensive game.

Or go to one of the cellar dwellers in the league to start and play 30 mpg that nobody really gives a about, then end up chasing a ring late in his fruitless career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westchuck should try switching to SG imho dude doesn't pass the ball anyway. A good coach would've forged him into a clutch shooter & slasher before his sop re season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder imploding? Music to my ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson might be the worst defender in the league. That's saying a lot.

Him on the starting 5 over a season and teams would really figure out how to exploit OKC and their lack of size. Westbrook at the 2 would get him abused and wear him down all day unless they manage to find a way to hide Jackson 24/7 and stick WB on the opposing team's PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully this implodes....

okcmeth heads becoming irrevelant is music to me ears

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might as well play the point, Westbrook as SG is potentially deadly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chimp needz to handle the ball. Good luck having Chimp stand around the perimeter while your PG executes basketbal plays

Thread Information