Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Mike Brown did everything to not play the kid and try to (fruitlessly) save his job. I'm with you guys about this kid's (Bennett) lack of work ethic and desire, but you don't compound the situation by drafting a player - at #1 again - that is nearly identical in position and size. Unless, you plan on unloading Bennett and moving on with Parker as your SF (sometimes PF) of the future. That is also not taking into account that they also have undersized Tristan Thompson masquerading as a starting PF.
    Cleveland is a cluster- of failure and they can't let past screwups dictate who they pick. Waiters, Bennett, Thomspon shouldn't influence at all who they pick, as they need to replace all three of them with real NBA talent. Still can't believe they didn't pick Valaciunas.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid will be healthy...unless CLE picks him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some things :

-bennett pick was horrible, but its not like there is a great/good player in that draft year, so it doesn't really matter..

-embiid is overrated as fk. huge potential bust

-jabari is by far the best BASKETBALL player in the draft, he could be a better rudy gay

-this draft class is the most overrated of all times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is so much more polished than Wiggins at this stage. It's also a question of temperament. I wonder about Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -jabari is by far the best BASKETBALL player in the draft, he could be a better rudy gay
    that's the worst endorsement I have ever seen for Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at both of them as combo forwards in the vein of Cliff Robinson, Robert Horry, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, etc. I have my doubts that Bennett will amount to anything too, but you can't commit a #1 overall selection on the kid and never play of develop him. Why cut your losses so soon? We've seen guys become studs after poor starts or limited playing time early on. Anybody remember guys named Jermaine O'Neal or Rasheed Wallace?

I didn't see a ton of Parker, not much of college hoops fan, but I don't believe he has the handles/guard skills to play the 2. He's probably a 3/4 at the NBA level and the power forward is only if he has severe problems defending on the perimeter.

LOL

Hadn't realized he's projected as a second round pick, but I still like some of the skills he brings with the shot blocking and perimeter shooting. He'll get eaten up inside with his slight frame, but maybe an NBA strength and conditioning regimen can help bulk him up. Wouldn't be a bad value pick in the early to mid second round, IMO.
    nbadraft.net currently has the Spurs taking him at 60.

Thread Information