Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he lost some of that baby weight. cavs better not fucc this up.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Wiggins workout video coming out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Embiid. End of discussion.

Banned
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Embiid is too slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    embiid is a 7 footer with back problems, no bueno. i like the guy but i'd go all in on jabari.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is lock for nr 1. I dont buy on Embiid potential, bla bla. One team took big men with health issues over guard/forward with nba talent, twice. I dont think Cavs and Bucks would take this risk. Philly will take Embiid. Noel + Embid is worth a risk, and there is no Parker/Wiggins available.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Damn he looks a lot more explosive than he did his freshman season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Parker looks ing great in that video. Embiid, not much: we get it, you can dunk. That one play where Embiid was posting and brought the ball to crotch level... good luck not getting stripped with that. Frustrates the out of me when I see Splitter do that. But Parker, that looks like an NBA jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That floater, damn. Parker has some real classball potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, was hoping LaVine would stick around in the mid 20s so the Spurs could try to trade up a few slots. But doubtful now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he lost some of that baby weight. cavs better not fucc this up.

Why should they draft him when they already have Bennett? Makes no sense to draft two combo forwards at #1 in consecutive years, but it's the Cavs so they'll probably do it. LMAO

If they intend on trading Bennett for a position of need or depth, then picking Parker otherwise makes a lot of sense. Otherwise, they are just making more of a cluster out of their mish-mash roster and won't develop either player properly.

There is also the off chance that LeBron may return with the right pick and all the young talent on the roster.

He does seem to have a smooth offensive game and could be the next Glenn Robinson/Carmelo Anthony type scoring, combo forward.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 06-02-2014 at 03:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Austin

I remember this guy being ranked higher than that Drummond two years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should they draft him when they already have Bennett? Makes no sense to draft two combo forwards at #1 in consecutive years, but it's the Cavs so they'll probably do it. LMAO
    Yeah, why would you draft Anthony Davis when you already have Michael Olowokandi?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Cavs it up again by drafting Joel Odenbiid

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's weakness is Defense. So workout tape did nothing for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, why would you draft Anthony Davis when you already have Michael Olowokandi?
    LMAO

Hey, he wasn't in the best of shape and was glued to the Cleveland bench. He's still young and could blossom under the right coach and environment. Then again, he could just as easily be the next Michael Beasley too. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon after their rookie season do their coaches start putting them on HGH*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    paco, u srs? bennett is a bust fam. i'd trade the scrub and cut my losses. besides, they play different positions, jabari is more of a sg/sf and bennett is a pf/c.

yea levine is getting a lot of attention from that workout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Austin

I remember this guy being ranked higher than that Drummond two years ago

Hoping he takes a huge tumble and ends up in the Spurs lap at #30 or the Spurs trade up and select him in early the second round. He would be a solid developmental player and "stretch 5" to use against certain line-ups. There is also the fact that Tim Duncan isn't going to play forever so you need to start bringing in some younger talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO

Hey, he wasn't in the best of shape and was glued to the Cleveland bench. He's still young and could blossom under the right coach and environment. Then again, he could just as easily be the next Michael Beasley too. LOL
    I haven't seen a hyped rookie like Bennett since Alfrederick Hughes tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping he takes a huge tumble and ends up in the Spurs lap at #30 or the Spurs trade up and select him in early the second round. He would be a solid developmental player and "stretch 5" to use against certain line-ups. There is also the fact that Tim Duncan isn't going to play forever so you need to start bringing in some younger talent.
    Dude is blind in one eye, way too small to play the 5, and way too slow to play the four. He looks like a worse version of Austin Daye, and I'd really be surprised to see him last more than a couple of years in the NBA. And huge tumble to 30? More like big jump ahead if he gets picked at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    paco, u srs? bennett is a bust fam. i'd trade the scrub and cut my losses. besides, they play different positions, jabari is more of a sg/sf and bennett is a pf/c.

yea levine is getting a lot of attention from that workout.
    I look at both of them as combo forwards in the vein of Cliff Robinson, Robert Horry, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, etc. I have my doubts that Bennett will amount to anything too, but you can't commit a #1 overall selection on the kid and never play of develop him. Why cut your losses so soon? We've seen guys become studs after poor starts or limited playing time early on. Anybody remember guys named Jermaine O'Neal or Rasheed Wallace?

I didn't see a ton of Parker, not much of college hoops fan, but I don't believe he has the handles/guard skills to play the 2. He's probably a 3/4 at the NBA level and the power forward is only if he has severe problems defending on the perimeter.

Dude is blind in one eye, way too small to play the 5, and way too slow to play the four. He looks like a worse version of Austin Daye, and I'd really be surprised to see him last more than a couple of years in the NBA. And huge tumble to 30? More like big jump ahead if he gets picked at 30.
    LOL

Hadn't realized he's projected as a second round pick, but I still like some of the skills he brings with the shot blocking and perimeter shooting. He'll get eaten up inside with his slight frame, but maybe an NBA strength and conditioning regimen can help bulk him up. Wouldn't be a bad value pick in the early to mid second round, IMO.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 06-02-2014 at 04:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at both of them as combo forwards in the vein of Cliff Robinson, Robert Horry, Carmelo Anthony, Glenn Robinson, etc. I have my doubts that Bennett will amount to anything too, but you can't commit a #1 overall selection on the kid and never play of develop him. Why cut your losses so soon? We've seen guys become studs after poor starts or limited playing time early on. Anybody remember guys named Jermaine O'Neal or Rasheed Wallace?

I didn't see a ton of Parker, not much of college hoops fan, but I don't believe he has the handles/guard skills to play the 2. He's probably a 3/4 at the NBA level and the power forward is only if he has severe problems defending on the perimeter.
    Everyone knew Jermaine O'Neal was an incredible prospect, but Portland was in win-now mode and there was no way he was getting minutes ahead of Brian Grant, Rasheed Wallace, Arvydas Sabonis, and Kelvin Cato. Completely different situation from Bennett just not giving a in Cleveland.

EDIT: , nevermind. I didn't realize O'Neal was drafted in ing 96. I thought he was a rookie or second year player in 99 when he was stuck behind Portland's stacked frontcourt.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-02-2014 at 04:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bennett flat out sucked that's why he rode the bench. he shouldn't even have been the number one pick. if they want to give him another year, they can and they can keep parker too since they don't play the same position.

i agree with some of the comments under the vid that parker reminds me of paul pierce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knew Jermaine O'Neal was an incredible prospect, but Portland was in win-now mode and there was no way he was getting minutes ahead of Brian Grant, Rasheed Wallace, Arvydas Sabonis, and Kelvin Cato. Completely different situation from Bennett just not giving a in Cleveland.

EDIT: , nevermind. I didn't realize O'Neal was drafted in ing 96. I thought he was a rookie or second year player in 99 when he was stuck behind Portland's stacked frontcourt.
    And Mike Brown did everything to not play the kid and try to (fruitlessly) save his job. I'm with you guys about this kid's (Bennett) lack of work ethic and desire, but you don't compound the situation by drafting a player - at #1 again - that is nearly identical in position and size. Unless, you plan on unloading Bennett and moving on with Parker as your SF (sometimes PF) of the future. That is also not taking into account that they also have undersized Tristan Thompson masquerading as a starting PF.

Yup, JO was a member of that insane '96 class that featured Iverson, Nash, Bryant, Allen, Marbury and a few more.

Thread Information