Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody's favorite and "toughest" era is when their team was winning, lets not pretend otherwise, tbh..

I doubt fans of Aids Johnson ever recall their les in the 80s as "easy", despite a few seasons where the West was even weaker than this past season's historically bad East..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That got is a piece of work.
    09-10 was a down time. You s repeated against Dwight Coward and a Celtics team older than dirt. And the West was a joke. teams like the Nuggets making the WCF.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.
    As opposed to the era when Allan Houston, Vin Baker, and Brian Grant pulled max money on 7 year deals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    09-10 was a down time. You s repeated against Dwight Coward and a Celtics team older than dirt. And the West was a joke. teams like the Nuggets making the WCF.
    Nuggets and Jazz in their 2 le runs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We went through your Spurs to get that back2back. This is most def the weakest era in the history of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We went through your Spurs to get that back2back. This is most def the weakest era in the history of the game.
    no you didn't. you only beat the spurs in a year you lost in the finals (08)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even knowing the history of Kirby's repeat. You beat the Spurs in '08.

The toughest series you faced in that entire run in the West was against a Yao-less Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody's favorite and "toughest" era is when their team was winning, lets not pretend otherwise, tbh..

I doubt fans of Aids Johnson ever recall their les in the 80s as "easy", despite a few seasons where the West was even weaker than this past season's historically bad East..
    If we really want to be honest here... my team has always won or at least been compe ive in ever era. I mean... 32 WC banners with 16 les means we've been in the hunt since the beginning. An era is a decade and we've competed in every decade.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened with the NBA is very similar to what happened with the WWE of all things. It was too hardcore and they had to soften up 'for the kids.' The WWE used to be nasty, and ultimately had to soften up for their younger audience, the same happened with the NBA since about 2004. The league used to actually be very challenging which is why what MJ did unbelievable.

This used to just be a flagrant foul, today this would be a solid 2-3 game suspension and you would be ejected.

I remember a few years before that when the players were allowed to bring their gats on the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even knowing the history of Kirby's repeat. You beat the Spurs in '08.

The toughest series you faced in that entire run in the West was against a Yao-less Rockets.

Are you stupid????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.
    So your reasoning is that market forces actively depreciate the talent pool? That makes no sense. Johnson is a terrible contract, Irving is a massively talented young PG, and George is a top 3 two-way player in the game right now. It's funny, 'cause teams are actually starting to pay for defenders these days. Not what they're worth, but they get paid more than they have in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^pretty true. its not like anybody considers joe johnson's deal to be a good one. i'm sure there were bad contracts in earlier eras too, so lets just cherry pick those

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never went through the Spurs to win a le during the repeat. You made the Finals at their expense, and if Kobe doesn't blow that 24 point lead at home in game 4, maybe you win it that year.

As it stands, the toughest team you faced in the West during the repeat was a Yao-less Rockets (pushed you to 7 games), whose best player was Aaron Brooks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^pretty true. its not like anybody considers joe johnson's deal to be a good one. i'm sure there were bad contracts in earlier eras too, so lets just cherry pick those
    You guys, some tool of a GM gave Arenas a max deal. That must mean that teams are terrible these days because GMs are stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no you didn't. you only beat the spurs in a year you lost in the finals (08)

This pussy lives to suck on my nuts. We went through the West three straight years, you cartoon loving got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker/TD/Leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This pussy lives to suck on my nuts. We went through the West three straight years, you cartoon loving got.
    you said you went through the spurs to get your back to back you ing moron

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000's was the weakest because of the flood of High School players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidebar question: How would the 2004-2005 Pistons fare in today's Western Conference? I'd say they would be at least the 3rd best team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said you went through the spurs to get your back to back you ing moron
    Aren't the Spurs in the West? We won the West, jackass.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So your reasoning is that market forces actively depreciate the talent pool? That makes no sense. Johnson is a terrible contract, Irving is a massively talented young PG, and George is a top 3 two-way player in the game right now. It's funny, 'cause teams are actually starting to pay for defenders these days. Not what they're worth, but they get paid more than they have in the past.
    No, my point is Irving and George were being hyped as being superstars, when they clearly are not. Harden too. And they are all being paid LeBron money.

And George being a top two way player in the game. George is a career 41% shooter. And btw in discussing talent pool, who is the next best Center behind Davis and Howard? Hibbert?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron is the best SF in the league. Who behind him is even decent at SF? Leonard?......With Kobe out, Harden is the default best SG. Who is the next best behind him? Love and Aldridge are top 5 PFs, put them in the 80's and they aren't even top 15. No, this era does not have all that much talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is the best SF in the league. Who behind him is even decent at SF? Leonard?......With Kobe out, Harden is the default best SG. Who is the next best behind him? No, this era does not have all that much talent.
    You can't really judge an era by strength of individual talent. I'd judge it by team strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the Spurs in the West? We won the West, jackass.
    you didn't go through the spurs in 09 or '10 you ing moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you didn't go through the spurs in 09 or '10 you ing moron

Damn, boy... you're like a ing fruit fly... you just won't go away. The Spurs we're in the West... and we won the West. Not my fault you guys weren't good enough to advance to face the champs.

Thread Information