Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, LeBron's best compe ion in the East is a dude who likes banging trannies.
    Paul George
    catfished
    impregnating a stripper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how you pretend that George isn't a chucker.
    i wasn't involved in your PG discussion at all, i just saw some terrible math. where'd you go to school?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had half a year of All-Star Jameer Nelson which never became an All-star again. We also had the corpse of Vince Carter? Rashard Lewis in his prime which wasn't that great and Hedo Fluke Turkoglu.
    Exactly... now you have 2-3 good vets/solid looking talent in 10+ teams... Even in the East, the Wiz look good, Nets, even the Bobcats, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy go back to school.

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    2000's was the weakest because of the flood of High School players.
    once the Shaq/Kobe Lakers started feuding and before the Celtics got KG, Pierce, and Allen, that was the weakest era of all time imho.

There was the Webber injury which really ended the King's window, the Jailblazers basically threw in the towel, the Mavericks couldn't play defense, the Spurs/Pistons were good and that was about it. Nobody else in the East ever did anything. The Suns, 06 Mavericks, Shaq/Wade Heat would not have been contenders in any other era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    once the Shaq/Kobe Lakers started feuding and before the Celtics got KG, Pierce, and Allen, that was the weakest era of all time imho.

There was the Webber injury which really ended the King's window, the Jailblazers basically threw in the towel, the Mavericks couldn't play defense, the Spurs/Pistons were good and that was about it. Nobody else in the East ever did anything. The Suns, 06 Mavericks, Shaq/Wade Heat would not have been contenders in any other era
    I fully admit the 2007 le was our easiest, by far...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Holy go back to school.

calling Paul George a top 3 two way player

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was so easy that the Spurs players should have drowned themselves in the Riverwalk if they didn't beat Cleveland in 5 games at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was so easy that the Spurs players should have drowned themselves in the Riverwalk if they didn't beat Cleveland in 5 games at most.
    IIRC, Utah was our toughest matchup, and that was good DWill and choker-as-usual Boozer... this was when Sloan was still coaching...

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    that Mavericks team winning 67 games that year says enough of how weak it was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calling Paul George a top 3 two way player
    Basic ing math.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, Utah was our toughest matchup, and that was good DWill and choker-as-usual Boozer... this was when Sloan was still coaching...
    Yeah, the 07 run was a cakewalk (thanks Golden State!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns were the toughest matchup.

The West had great teams at the top that year. Suns, Mavs, and Spurs were all championship contenders. But the Mavs flaming out in the 1st round left a gaping hole in the West on that side of the bracket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. it's one of the weakest era in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns were the toughest matchup.

The West had great teams at the top that year. Suns, Mavs, and Spurs were all championship contenders. But the Mavs flaming out in the 1st round left a gaping hole in the West on that side of the bracket.
    oh, yeah... the Horry hipcheck...

I tend to forget about D'Antoni teams, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. it's one of the weakest era in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The West is the toughest it's ever been.

8th Seed: A battle tested, veteran savvy team that won the le 3 years ago, led by an all-time great still playing at a high level. Great coach.

7th Seed: One year removed from the WCF. Best frontline in basketball. Pushed the 2nd seed to 7 games, and might have pulled the upset had Zbo played.

6th Seed: Young and dynamic team, with two great shooters. But overall, the weakest team here.

5th Seed: Great young team with a bright future. A good 6th man away from being a contender.

4th Seed: Loaded with talent, but a bit mentally weak and poorly coached. Still, if the Rockets can figure it out, they'll be a huge threat.

3rd Seed: 22 seconds away from likely upsetting the 2 seed. One of the best PFs in the game, if the not the best. Great shotblocking center. Best PG in the game, despite his choking. A good small forward away from owning the West.

2nd Seed: MVP. Best 2 guard in the game (let's be honest and call Westbrook what he is). Defensive 1st team power forward. Great bench. A good coach away from reaching their potential.

1st Seed: Best system in basketball. Insanely deep. Top coach. No flaws really, aside from the lack of a superstar player and being a little too over reliant on the 3 at times.

Look how many series went 6 and 7 games, and how many games went into overtime this year.

The East is garbage. But the Heat still have to go through a Western team to win the le.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The West is as tough as it's been. The East is still garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East is garbage. But the Heat still have to go through a Western team to win the le.
    that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"
    It plays a factor. Like for example, the West had a crazy first round and then the Miami Heat just coasted through the East ( Indiana)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the lack of parity in the East is getting ridiculous...as hard as that is to believe. The NBA needs to adopt the top 16 seeds regardless of conference. the criticism about scheduling and travel. We're in 2014. That shouldn't be a problem for a multimillion dollar product.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is one of the worst threads and questions in the history of humanity.

The NBA is extremely watered down right now. Parity is at an all time low. Centers are basically extinct. Jump shooting and hero ball are the norm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the worst threads and questions in the history of humanity.

The NBA is extremely watered down right now. Parity is at an all time low. Centers are basically extinct. Jump shooting and hero ball are the norm.
    when there was parity in the NBA? There's like only 10 teams that won a championship in the 70+ year history of the league...

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't care what you say but the 1990s were more compe ive than the 2000s and 2010s. Yeah, I know the Bulls owned the 90s but there was compe ion. The Jazz, Sonics, Rockets, Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Blazers, and Suns of the 1990s would have killed Superfriends, Kobe's Lakers, and Duncan's Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie Millers Pacers would sweep this years Pacerz tbh

even Mark Price and Brad Daughertys Cavs would put up a better fight than the todays pacers

Thread Information