Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie Millers Pacers would sweep this years Pacerz tbh

even Mark Price and Brad Daughertys Cavs would put up a better fight than the todays pacers
    Troof bombs

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"
    Makes you wonder what the Bird vs Magic ring count would have been had they swapped conferences. LA gets to go through three teams below or just at .500 while the Celtics have Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee every ing year. Considering the Lakers the bed twice against horrible Rockets teams, you gotta think it's at least 4-4 if not 5-3 Bird. at the thought of the 86 Celtics playing against the Walter Davis Suns, Sam Bowie Blazers, Alex English Nuggets, Benoit Benjamin Clippers, and so on every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"
    and more chance for injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't really following basketball much until Kawhi(so correct me if i'm wrong) but I don't get the perception that this team is better than Spurs le teams and I hated the Spurs in '07 because of Horry. And a lesser team winning 62 games means that the era isn't as tough to me especially since most of those losses were because of injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you wonder what the Bird vs Magic ring count would have been had they swapped conferences. LA gets to go through three teams below or just at .500 while the Celtics have Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee every ing year. Considering the Lakers the bed twice against horrible Rockets teams, you gotta think it's at least 4-4 if not 5-3 Bird. at the thought of the 86 Celtics playing against the Walter Davis Suns, Sam Bowie Blazers, Alex English Nuggets, Benoit Benjamin Clippers, and so on every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't really following basketball much until Kawhi(so correct me if i'm wrong) but I don't get the perception that this team is better than Sours le teams and I hated the Spurs in '07 because of Horry. And a lesser team winning 62 games means that the era isn't as tough to me especially since most of those losses were because of injury.
    As an actual team, depth-wise, this is the best of them, IMO. In the past we had some star-talent in their prime, so depth wasn't much of a concern. I mean, we've won championships with rookie Beno being the backup PG...

If we manage to win, this 'ship probably ranks up there with the '03 and '05 championships, my favorites, tbh... we would have basically done it with a 10-man rotation, which is unheard of in a heavily talent-laden league...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everywhere you look, there's at least two star-like player or more, and a bunch of solid secondary guys/veterans.

In no particular order:
    - Miami: Wade/Bosh/Kang
    - Pacers: PG/West
    - Clippers: CP3/Griffin
    - Thunder: KD/Westbrook/Ibaka
    - Nets: DWill/JJ/Pierce
    - Spurs: TD/Manu/Leonard
    - Wolves: Love/Rubio
    - Dallas: Dirk/Monta
    - Blazers: Lillard/Aldrige/Batum
    - Memphis: Fat Gasol/Conley
    - Wizards: Wall/Beal
    - Bobcats: Walker/Jefferson
    - Hawks: Teague/Horford/Millsap

I'm sure I'm missing some more... I think modern medicine letting older guys play longer and still be effective is probably a factor, but I can't remember the league being stacked with so much talent in a while, tbh...

It's an era where a team with 4 future hall of famers is only the eighth best team in its own conference. Yeah, it's the toughest era in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an era where a team with 4 future hall of famers is only the eighth best team in its own conference. Yeah, it's the toughest era in NBA history.
    There is Dirk, Vince, Shawn. Who is the 4th? Monta Ellis? And the rest of those guys are reaching TOSB status.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mourning's Heat > James' Heat

Thread Information