Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everywhere you look, there's at least two star-like player or more, and a bunch of solid secondary guys/veterans.

In no particular order:
    - Miami: Wade/Bosh/Kang
    - Pacers: PG/West
    - Clippers: CP3/Griffin
    - Thunder: KD/Westbrook/Ibaka
    - Nets: DWill/JJ/Pierce
    - Spurs: TD/Manu/Leonard
    - Wolves: Love/Rubio
    - Dallas: Dirk/Monta
    - Blazers: Lillard/Aldrige/Batum
    - Memphis: Fat Gasol/Conley
    - Wizards: Wall/Beal
    - Bobcats: Walker/Jefferson
    - Hawks: Teague/Horford/Millsap

I'm sure I'm missing some more... I think modern medicine letting older guys play longer and still be effective is probably a factor, but I can't remember the league being stacked with so much talent in a while, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 2011's championship Mavs team until now, it has been the most talented era since the 80s, tbh..

The 80s should be taken with a grain of salt, though, as 25% of the players in that era were White Americans..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Great in' era

Definitely better than the weak eras of 1991-93, 1996-98, 2000-02, and 2009-10....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half those teams are mediocre to terrible tbh.

Heading into this season, there were 3 teams realistically able to win a championship and those 3 teams made the Conference Finals so I don't think it's any tougher than any other era in history. Maybe there's more mediocre teams but I don't even really buy that argument.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great in' era

Definitely better than the weak eras of 1991-93, 1996-98, 2000-02, and 2009-10....
    interesting cutoff points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great in' era

Yet you're still at zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, OP, have you seen the Eastern COnf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to say that when there are very few le contenders. On the contrary, I've thought the NBA has been very diluted in the last few years, with only two or three teams having any chance at winning the le at any given time. I suppose you could argue that that has always been the case, but it just seems even more diluted than usual lately. If I weren't a Spurs fan, I would hate the NBA right now. And when Duncan retires, I might stop watching the NBA for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has a decent future coming up but the East is terrible, not a single challenge for the Heat. Pacers are a total joke. It's great to see aging talent sustain its peak though... it's not just modern medicine. Mostly intelligence. Take care of your health and play smart and you can have a long career. Derek Fisher is a great example if he ends up retiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East certainly has more talent now than when it was a stacked Celtics team, a Pistons team that was winning with vets and no stars, and basically Lebron trying to win on his own...

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Excellent omission of Parker El.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The East certainly has more talent now than when it was a stacked Celtics team, a Pistons team that was winning with vets and no stars, and basically Lebron trying to win on his own...
    Yet, there is no compe ion for LeBron. With the Celtics, like you said there were the Pistons, Magic, and Cavs. You didn't just pencil one team into the finals before the year started like you do now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent omission of Parker El.
    Well, he barely played this season, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet, there is no compe ion for LeBron. With the Celtics, like you said there were the Pistons, Magic, and Cavs. You didn't just pencil one team into the finals before the year started like you do now.
    It really was just the Celtics once they went superfriends... eventually those wheels fell off, because from the get go you knew they were old and the window was short.

The Heat was another superfriends reunion on steroids. That doesn't mean the other teams are horrible. Don't forget the West is also stacked as . You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East is terrible. Miami has a cakewalk to the Finals for the next 2-3 years if they keep the Big 3 together tbh.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80's > 90's > 2010's > 2000's

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It really was just the Celtics once they went superfriends... eventually those wheels fell off, because from the get go you knew they were old and the window was short.

The Heat was another superfriends reunion on steroids. That doesn't mean the other teams are horrible. Don't forget the West is also stacked as . You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.
    Didn't they lose to the Magic in the 2nd round in 09'?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they lose to the Magic in the 2nd round in 09'?
    No Garnett tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't forget the West is also stacked as . You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.
    It was the same in 2008-2010 and yet this board is passing it off as a weak era for the West

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What happened with the NBA is very similar to what happened with the WWE of all things. It was too hardcore and they had to soften up 'for the kids.' The WWE used to be nasty, and ultimately had to soften up for their younger audience, the same happened with the NBA since about 2004. The league used to actually be very challenging which is why what MJ did unbelievable.

This used to just be a flagrant foul, today this would be a solid 2-3 game suspension and you would be ejected.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not even a flagrant, also some serious meme potential @0:58. If only the internet was fully running at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That got is a piece of work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the same in 2008-2010 and yet this board is passing it off as a weak era for the West
    The West was always more compe ive, tbh... but let's not pretend the East was some sort of great conference... The Pistons with zero actual star-talent had no compe ion for a couple of years.

Even in the Celtics days, you could say Orlando... (only really had DHo) and Cavs (only Lebron)...

Thread Information