Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... it will be devastating to his legacy.

Kirbystan and Media have always tried to shield his shortcomings, but this one will stand out like a midget amongst giants. Like you all never mention how he ted the bed after Shaq left by missing the playoffs and then being bounced in the first round the following two years before Pau arrived. That stain of a 2004 Finals performance where he shot 37% from the field and 17% from 3. Trying to downplay his coattailing as if he were ever leading his team, even though the Mavs ted on him. This will be the stake in the heart of the most overrated player in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though this is somewhat of a countertroll to Luva's post, your point is valid.

Kobe supporters will cite his injuries, but he was healthy enough to go in February. The original time table for his return following the knee injury was 6 weeks. And with the Mamba being the "Warrior" he is, everyone expected him back sooner. But then as Laker losses started piling up, Kobe's time table got longer and longer, to the point where he shut it down for the season, but stated he would've played had the Lakers been fighting for a playoff spot.

Now, it was definitely a smart move as far as tanking purposes go, but we know Kobe doesn't give a about the future of the Lakers. He took 48 million and said flatly he won't be on board with rebuilding, so Kobe sitting himself out to help the Lakers get a better draft pick doesn't hold up. He sat himself out because he didn't want the embarrassment of playing on a terrible team.

In short, he quit when his team needed him the most. Even though he played only 6 games, this trainwreck of a season is on him.

And if he misses the playoffs next year, it'll be on him, too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They'll make the playoffs next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not if Kobe is healthy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think so?

Unless they rip off an idiot GM for a star or Melo joins, it looks bleak.

- New coach
    - Rusty post-Achilles Kobe
    - Disinterested Gasol
    - 7th pick, which will not be a game changing player and might be traded for a past his prime former star
    - Weakest PG rotation in the league. Either going to be a broken down Nash who will probably be out by January, Kendall Marshall, or Jordan Farmer.
    - One of the worst benches in the NBA.

And those scrubs who looked decent in D'Antoni's system are going to be downright terrible under whoever the Lakers hire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think so?

Unless they rip off an idiot GM for a star or Melo joins, it looks bleak.

- New coach
    - Rusty post-Achilles Kobe
    - Disinterested Gasol
    - 7th pick, which will not be a game changing player and might be traded for a past his prime former star
    - Weakest PG rotation in the league. Either going to be a broken down Nash who will probably be out by January, Kendall Marshall, or Jordan Farmer.
    - One of the worst benches in the NBA.

And those scrubs who looked decent in D'Antoni's system are going to be downright terrible under whoever the Lakers hire.
    Why is Gasol going back there to get blamed for Vino's decline like he has the previous 4 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Gasol going back there to get blamed for Vino's decline like he has the previous 4 years?
    Yeah, I forgot he's most likely gone.

Are Lakers fan banking on Kevin Love? If Gasol leaves and the Lakers don't fill that void, they are royally ed. Gonna be Kobe and a bunch of scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I forgot he's most likely gone.

Are Lakers fan banking on Kevin Love? If Gasol leaves and the Lakers don't fill that void, they are royally ed. Gonna be Kobe and a bunch of scrubs.
    Worst backcourt in the league plus worst frontcourt in the league plus worst bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst backcourt in the league plus worst frontcourt in the league plus worst bench
    I heard the Appletinis are top notch though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really would. Although he's 35, it makes him look relatively horrible compared to his superiors, Duncan and James.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The move in OP's gif, it was a foul under Silver's rule imho the defender touched Kobe's wrist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already did no lakers did before him, lead the team to miss two playoffs in non consecutive season.
    The only other laker star to miss more than one playoffs was Gail Goodrich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that Marshall dude is amazing, mid, he can definitely do a job imho

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He already did no lakers did before him, lead the team to miss two playoffs in non consecutive season.
    The only other laker star to miss more than one playoffs was Gail Goodrich.
    I guess you don't know the definition of back to back, you ing . Can't blame you much, Duncan never went back to back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though this is somewhat of a countertroll to Luva's post, your point is valid.

Kobe supporters will cite his injuries, but he was healthy enough to go in February. The original time table for his return following the knee injury was 6 weeks. And with the Mamba being the "Warrior" he is, everyone expected him back sooner. But then as Laker losses started piling up, Kobe's time table got longer and longer, to the point where he shut it down for the season, but stated he would've played had the Lakers been fighting for a playoff spot.

Now, it was definitely a smart move as far as tanking purposes go, but we know Kobe doesn't give a about the future of the Lakers. He took 48 million and said flatly he won't be on board with rebuilding, so Kobe sitting himself out to help the Lakers get a better draft pick doesn't hold up. He sat himself out because he didn't want the embarrassment of playing on a terrible team.

In short, he quit when his team needed him the most. Even though he played only 6 games, this trainwreck of a season is on him.

And if he misses the playoffs next year, it'll be on him, too.
    Latrell Byrant tbh

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Kobe WILL miss the playoffs next year. Lakers don't have even close to enough talent to be top-8 in the West. Sorry Charlie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you don't know the definition of back to back, you ing . Can't blame you much, Duncan never went back to back.
    lol... butthurt about Kobe not making the playoffs next year. It's true that it will be devastating to his legacy especially in contrast to what Tim is doing late in his career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol... butthurt about Kobe not making the playoffs next year. It's true that it will be devastating to his legacy especially in contrast to what Tim is doing late in his career.
    What is he doing besides being the 4th best player on a Pop led team?

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if they manage to switch conferences.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What is he doing besides being the 4th best player on a Pop led team?
    Playing in the finals...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Playing in the finals...
    In Pop's system. And they don't win without the hero Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussies and assholes... and calculated bombers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe didn't win without hero Shaq or hero Pau. What's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe didn't win without hero Shaq or hero Pau. What's your point?
    He never has a point. It's just from the hip shots and then waiting for a response. It's like he never saw a game in his life. Spursfan and Mavsfan alts and LF trolls getting in their last shots because they are desperately askeered that Duncan might get a rang.

Thread Information