Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can win with Lebron going total god-mode against us. If TD and TP just hit those 4 fts we win that game. Just don't let Bron's supporting cast to go off tbh. Stay home on the shooters. Let Diaw/Kawhi/Green take Lebron one on one and let him shoot those jumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can win with Lebron going total god-mode against us. If TD and TP just hit those 4 fts we win that game. Just don't let Bron's supporting cast to go off tbh. Stay home on the shooters. Let Diaw/Kawhi/Green take Lebron one on one and let him shoot those jumpers.
    "stay home on shooters"... people act like the defenders lose concentration and just walk away. its calling playing team defense, its a necessary part of the game, especially when lebron is blowing into the paint every other possession

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Wade lost that eliteness needed to takeover a finals game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "stay home on shooters"... people act like the defenders lose concentration and just walk away. its calling playing team defense, its a necessary part of the game, especially when lebron is blowing into the paint every other possession
    I guess you didn't understand the part of letting Lebron get his... That's the problem they leave guys like Allen, Bosh, Lewis open and Lebron is too smart and too good not to pass.

The whole point is we can't stop from Lebron going ape and that's okay because this game proved we can win with that, what we can't win against is role-players killing us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... you can't let them take layups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But some of Miami's open 3's can be limited if the Spurs play smarter. A couple I remember from this game: Splitter going to help in the paint in no man's land trying to help one of our guards who was defending on Allen driving inside. Splitter needs to back off and stay on Lewis, let Allen try and finish in the paint, which isnt his strength. Another one was Belinelli trying to help Manu when he had Wade cornered and with nowhere to go. The help man needs to come from the same side IMO, not the opposite side where you would have to run back across the court to get back to your man..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's exactly what beli did with Ray Allen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, that was beli and diaw totally miscommunicating on the rotation. i'm not positive who's fault it was, but Beli is a safe bet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if Lebron hit 7 jumpers in a row, I'm still giving him the jumper over driving to the paint. LeBron's jumper form will never reach Kobe/Jordan level

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you didn't understand the part of letting Lebron get his... That's the problem they leave guys like Allen, Bosh, Lewis open and Lebron is too smart and too good not to pass.

The whole point is we can't stop from Lebron going ape and that's okay because this game proved we can win with that, what we can't win against is role-players killing us.
    We've got to play our best defenders on Wade/Lebron and just stay on shooters. It's going to be especially important in Miami where the role players will play better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if Lebron hit 7 jumpers in a row, I'm still giving him the jumper over driving to the paint. LeBron's jumper form will never reach Kobe/Jordan level
    Exactly. He cannot keep up that shooting over a series. A game here or there, yes, but he will come back down to earth from outside. Let him keep shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. You will absolutely lose if the supporting cast gets involved like tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got to play our best defenders on Wade/Lebron and just stay on shooters. It's going to be especially important in Miami where the role players will play better.
    Yes, it's not hard to guard shooters even if you're bad on D (ehem Belinelli) if you just stay on them. Just continue sagging off Lebron and Wade and if they make jordan-like shots then so be it. Don't let scrubs beat you ffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs still had the opportunity to win despite LeBron scoring like this. this isn't my main concern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs still had the opportunity to win despite LeBron scoring like this. this isn't my main concern
    Exactly

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All that time kawhi was in foul trouble, why not put Danny green on Lebron??? He's almost as good of a defender if not better and he was only in foul trouble the first quarter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sananspurstan21.

Danny was in predetermined foul trouble too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The positive side is Miami only has 1 win, not 2, not 3, not 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These teams are too closely matched to not win on each others court. Spurs will get the win on Tuesday only to have Miami come back and even it out on Thursday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny we have that game and go on to lose and now people are cliff-diving like .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothesis contrary to fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got to hit freebies... we were gifted another game but botched it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's understandable, Ray's never hit a big shot in his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Spurs had many problems - foul trouble, subpar FT shooting (60%!), awful 4th quarter, Beli played too much, etc; meanwhile, LeBron was hitting everything (I bet my ass he won't shoot that good on jumpers again in this series), Bosh made that 3, refs didn't see they wanted to call timeout when we were only down 3... All this, and the Heat only won by 2. I don't know, but in my opinion it's not time to go in all desperate mode already.

If a couple of plays turned out the other way, we could be heading to Miami down 0-2, or either 2-0, so I guess 1-1 is a pretty fair outcome for both teams. Spurs are the best road team in the NBA, doesn't matter that the Heat are unbeaten (YET) at home, because they played D-leaguers so far. I expect at least a split from Spurs down there in Florida.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothesis contrary to fact.
    Fact is if you watched the game, you should understand what I'm talking about. smaka basically said it all...

Thread Information