Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have traded him since 2004, off loser.
    2008, and you don't know that that wouldn't have resulted in more les tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....completely different subject.....we're talking sports and representing their countries..... nothing to do with securing your oil sources for the next generations TBH.
    Defending freedom and liberty for the World > playing summer ball for your third world country

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, I'm saying that if the Spurs were able to get that far/win it all with Manu/Tony not being fully fit then I don't see why they can't do it again next season therefore I don't understand why folks are freaking out so much.
    well to this end I must praise Manu's potential value. Manu at-or-near 100% was much more irreplaceable than Tony at-or-near 100%. but it happens rarely and, with this announcement, will 99% likely not happen next year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, stop trying to be right and get what I'm saying.
    Dude. I can only take you at your words. If you want me to "get what you are saying" and you say things like: "...Manu's decision has very little to none effect whatsover in the Spurs' le chances for next season."

What do you want me to do? Stop saying absurd things like that if they aren't what you mean. His decision very well cost us a championship last year. I don't begrudge him playing this summer, but I can't say it had "none effect" or even very little, last year. EVEN HE SAID IT DID. When he is spent, we are a worse team. And, if he gets injured or worn out this summer, etc. we'll be a worse team.

And, as if you aren't "trying to be right". You even tried "ending" the conversation with an "...and that's it!" Sort of like a Zorro QED, or something.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Manu is going to play in the 2014 FIBA World Cup. It takes place only once every 4 years, and is considered to be the most important international basketball tournament in the world (even more so than the Olympics). This is probably the last time Manu will compete in it, and the next to last time he will ever play with the Argentine National team.

And what's up with some of you guys? I'm excited to see Manu compete in this tournament. Getting to watch the Spurs play internationally has always been one of my favorite things about being a fan of the Spurs. I stayed up all night 2 years ago to watch Patty Mills avg 21 points per game for Australia in the 2012 Olympics. I'll definitely be watching and rooting for Manu in this years tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a theory. Tim plans to retire, and has indicated this to some of his teammates, including Manu. Since that pretty much takes the repeat out of the picture, Manu feels he has nothing to lose by playing for Argentina.

Really hoping that's not the case though ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. I can only take you at your words. If you want me to "get what you are saying" and you say things like: "...Manu's decision has very little to none effect whatsover in the Spurs' le chances for next season."

What do you want me to do? Stop saying absurd things like that if they aren't what you mean. His decision very well cost us a championship last year. I don't begrudge him playing this summer, but I can't say it had "none effect" or even very little, last year. EVEN HE SAID IT DID. When he is spent, we are a worse team. And, if he gets injured or worn out this summer, etc. we'll be a worse team.

And, as if you aren't "trying to be right". You even tried "ending" the conversation with an "...and that's it!" Sort of like a Zorro QED, or something.
    Spurs didn't lose the '13 championship because Manu played in the Olympics.

For the rest of your post:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after his big ball showing in game 5 i'm okay with it, but if that mother er gets injured playing for the NT he's DEAD TO ME. DEAD!!

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ people ing about this and thinking that the Spurs or any NBA team should be the one who should decide if the guy can or can't play for their country.

Manu can do whatever he wants... Also Spurs fans should stop relying on him so much, he's 37 for s sake.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a theory. Tim plans to retire, and has indicated this to some of his teammates, including Manu. Since that pretty much takes the repeat out of the picture, Manu feels he has nothing to lose by playing for Argentina.

Really hoping that's not the case though ...
    I don't think Tim's retiring from all the reading between the lines stuff, but that is a very reasonable hypothetical, Warlord. Reasonable enough that I think I'll go curl in a ball and cry, now. DAF wins. Manu has nothing to contribute, and if he breaks his femur in international play it will have no repercussions on The Spurs chances for a repeat. I'm out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They lost because Manu sucked. Why did he suck? Because his body crap from playing ball year round, specifically, summer ball.

You guys are full of if you can't even admit that much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes. Your whole argument hinges on that hope. That he wasn't too tired and worn out from extracurricular play, that summer, and ulative, that his abilities suffered. That's the whole question. Laughing at it doesn't make it go away. I hope that when you say The Spurs didn't lose, you aren't trying to say GINOBILI lost it himself. That's harsh. As a fan of his, I could never go that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost because Manu sucked. Why did he suck? Because his body crap from playing ball year round, specifically, summer ball.

OK let's assume that. Even with that the Spurs where 1 FT away from winning it all. Folks here are overracting to this anouncement, that's all I'm saying.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing seriously, at least admit that he would have been good for one more point in game 6, if you can't even admit this then you are exactly why I hate Manu s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Your whole argument hinges on that hope. That he wasn't too tired and worn out from extracurricular play, that summer, and ulative, that his abilities suffered. That's the whole question. Laughing at it doesn't make it go away. I hope that when you say The Spurs didn't lose, you aren't trying to say GINOBILI lost it himself. That's harsh. As a fan of his, I could never go that far.
    You just don't get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK let's assume that. Even with that the Spurs where 1 FT away from winning it all. Folks here are overracting to this anouncement, that's all I'm saying.
    Ok. I can agree with that. I said the same thing, earlier. Total over-reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's disappointing. Championship windows don't stay open forever. Right now, the most important thing to him should be repeating. The fact that it's not is what people are reacting to. It's not that hard to understand. One Ft away from winning is still losing. A healthy Manu in '13 and we're talking about 3 peat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just don't get it.
    (Some of that was sarcasm.) But, yeah. You're right. I don't get it. You don't make sense to me, especially when you hear it from the players mouths sometimes that the international play wears on them. But, whatever, it doesn't, if you say so. Take care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you said the same thing earlier, then you already agree with him. lol No need to state it. People like you are obviously not who he's talking to, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's disappointing. Championship windows don't stay open forever. Right now, the most important thing to him should be repeating. The fact that it's not is what people are reacting to. It's not that hard to understand. One Ft away from winning is still losing. A healthy Manu and we're talking about 3 peat.
    Why? Who the are you to tell Manu what should be more important for him?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh...nevermind my bracket was ruined by this stupid Spurstalk format...
    Last edited by TheyCallMePro; 06-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Who the are you to tell Manu what should be more important for him?
    Do I really have to include the obligatory "in my opinion?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Some of that was sarcasm.) But, yeah. You're right. I don't get it. You don't make sense to me, especially when you hear it from the players mouths sometimes that the international play wears on them. But, whatever, it doesn't, if you say so. Take care.
    My point has been this one ↓↓↓↓↓ all along.

And to that you answered this ↓↓↓↓↓

Therefore you weren't getting it, once you got it you agreed with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do I really have to include the obligatory "in my opinion?"
    It wouldn't have made a difference. That's a selfish and (no offense) dumb opinion, tbh.

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu plz
    Your best player in team
    but I say you suck
    Spurs won't repeat coz you played 20 mpg 8 times in the summer
    "we" as we in Peter Holt, pay your salary
    and I didn't want you resigned
    but I did after this year
    plz Pop