Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was fine(because he's a role player that plays low minutes) but Parker had his worst regular season in years. Looked terrible in the playoffs outside of those three games against Portland and game 7 against the Mavs. I guess you conveniently forgot about him missing the closeout game against the Blazers or the game 6 against the Thunder.
    Exactly. Parker looked like Ginobili did last season in the Finals. He limped throughout the 2nd half of the playoff run and that's when Kawhi picked up the slack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just finding out thanks to this thread...

Nothing to spin. I'm on the record I would've preferred he didn't play, but c'est la vie... He gave us everything this season, I can't complain about him...

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just means that the Spurs need to resign Patty no matter what the cost if they want to win again next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No his focus should be on himself. He is 36 years old and is playing for his national team one more time for his own sake. He is the Michael Jordan of his country and can do whatever he damn well pleases. You are not an athlete, obviously, and you obviously do not hold something so close like foreign players do when playing for their country. Get over yourself. He was our best player this entire playoffs.
    he played well but you're reaching. Why did he play well? Because he didn't play in some bs Euro league tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu gonna Manu. This is the third le he's going to cost us.
    He sat out last year because it was contract time and he knew he was going to lose money if he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and honeymoon is over

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was our best player this entire playoffs.
    Agreed but it's looking like he's going to be one of our worst players next year. Imagine 2013 Manu but two years older...yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he played well but you're reaching. Why did he play well? Because he didn't play in some bs Euro league tournament.
    no, he was our best player throughout the playoffs.

And did this ever go through your mind: "He played well because he was healthy"

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting sick of international players making money off of the NBA and then ing them over by playing for their country. What a load of . We need more Americans like Tim and Kawhi. And yes, Tim is American.
    Yeah, they keep saying he's an "international" player, but c'mon, he's from the US Virgin Islands. Might as well have been born in Florida.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even angry at Manu. How can you be after that awesome post-season run we saw from him this year? I'm more pissed off at the Argentina basketball federation for their lack of player development and having to rely on a 37 year old to bail them out time after time.
    Does he start for them? How heavy are his minutes? If they get eliminated in the first game how much rest will he get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again folks, this doesn't have the hurt the Spurs at all (assuming he doesn't get injured). Just sit him out for 2 months.

They can easily do without him for first 1/3 of season. Just need him healthy and rested for playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got Kawhi and Patty...Spurs will cruise to yet another 50+ win season and a top seed in the West. Rest Manu for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No his focus should be on himself. He is 36 years old and is playing for his national team one more time for his own sake. He is the Michael Jordan of his country and can do whatever he damn well pleases. You are not an athlete, obviously, and you obviously do not hold something so close like foreign players do when playing for their country. Get over yourself. He was our best player this entire playoffs.
    Well his country can pay him 7 million then. And he was good but lets not overrate his value. Kawhi is the reason we won this season. A true American hero. How are the cats though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even angry at Manu. How can you be after that awesome post-season run we saw from him this year? I'm more pissed off at the Argentina basketball federation for their lack of player development and having to rely on a 37 year old to bail them out time after time.

i'm not angry at him for playing for his national team. i will be angry if he's playing a load of minutes and gets hurt, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, many people in Argentina will care...
    I'm sure the twenty people that watch basketball in Argentina will care but most don't even know who the Ginobili is. Messi and the football team are the number one priority right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they keep saying he's an "international" player, but c'mon, he's from the US Virgin Islands. Might as well have been born in Florida.
    Yes. He is as American as Freedom and fake s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, he was our best player throughout the playoffs.

And did this ever go through your mind: "He played well because he was healthy"
    He was healthy because he rested his TOSB legs over the summer. Jesus Christ stop being a troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he start for them? How heavy are his minutes? If they get eliminated in the first game how much rest will he get?
    He's their MJ.. he will get a lot of minutes... only for ten games though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, the entire tournament lasts 15 days... maybe even less if they get kicked out early... just gotta hope there's no injuries...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. He is as American as Freedom and fake s.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reduced role next season during the regular season, Pop will manage minutes.
    I mean, this is pretty much what it'll come down to.. Pop is gonna not only find days to rest Manu but also Tim. It's not a big deal. The season is very long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well his country can pay him 7 million then. And he was good but lets not overrate his value. Kawhi is the reason we won this season. A true American hero. How are the cats though?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This said Manu was the Spurs' best player in the playoffs... I've seen it all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the twenty people that watch basketball in Argentina will care but most don't even know who the Ginobili is. Messi and the football team are the number one priority right now.
    look man I know you're upset but don't reach.. he's their most famous basketball player and is one of the top 3 most famous Argentinans in the world...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. He was still our best player and most consistent this offseason and he can do whatever he wants you .

Thread Information