Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what you have, rob? 1st round exit?
    Too early to call it, maybe we make it out of the 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look man I know you're upset but don't reach.. he's their most famous basketball player and is one of the top 3 most famous Argentinans in the world...
    Seriously doubt that. Maradona, Messi, Agüero. Three off the top of my head. Add any random player from their soccer team and it's more than likely he's more popular than Manu.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there should be a rule against ting on No lyfe -bucket this much. 's too easy He practically does all the work himself with his dumb ass, blatantly homer, hypocritical takes.
    No BS it's literally the same with this dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously doubt that. Maradona, Messi, Agüero. Three off the top of my head. Add any player from their soccer team and it's more than likely he's more popular than Manu.
    Aguero is not more popular than Manu.

Agree on Maradona and Messi, though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu will never score 20 again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't you hear? Manu is irrelevant to the Spurs championship aspirations
    I love Kawhi but he wasn't more important than Manu in this playoff run. Even at 37, Manu's one of the most impactful players in the NBA. A healthy Manu gives you a legit chance at le contention. When Tony went AWOL against the Mavs and Thunder, Manu was there to pick us up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the twenty people that watch basketball in Argentina will care but most don't even know who the Ginobili is. Messi and the football team are the number one priority right now.
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi but he wasn't more important than Manu in this playoff run. Even at 37, Manu's one of the most impactful players in the NBA. A healthy Manu gives you a legit chance at le contention. When Tony went AWOL against the Mavs and Thunder, Manu was there to pick us up.
    Injured = AWOL? Fascinating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody was important... I think Manu will be ok as long as there's no injuries... he has a new plan for taking care of himself, which worked well last offseason, and I doubt it's going to change this summer, regardless if he's with the NT or not...

I would've preferred he didn't play due to the injury risk... but I can't see him logging that many minutes in what's potentially 5-6 games max...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got us #5. Who ing cares?! I dont want him playing either but this isn't a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody was important... I think Manu will be ok as long as there's no injuries... he has a new plan for taking care of himself, which worked well last offseason, and I doubt it's going to change this summer, regardless if he's with the NT or not...

I would've preferred he didn't play due to the injury risk... but I can't see him logging that many minutes in what's potentially 5-6 games max...
    damage control operation engaged

on a side note, I hope Boris is not gonna convinced TP to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damage control operation engaged

on a side note, I hope Boris is not gonna convinced TP to play
    Nah... I'm firmly in the camp of I wish he didn't play. I don't think they have a realistic shot to win...

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Told you all who were "b-b-but Manu resigned from NT". He'll play in it until his legs can endure it.

TBH Spurs should offer him an extension to 2016 and double his salary just for the lolz in here.

He won't be carrying the offensive load for NT, he will be used for stretches. FIBA games are 40 minutes and most he will play is 12-15 games between warm-ups and a very deep (and unlikely) run by Argentina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im ok with that. He helped get us 5! Im sure Pop will rest the out of him during the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono working overtime right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just made the Spurs win the Championship with his play and some guys are hating on him. Stupid fools! Manu can do whatever he wants, he's got nothing left to prove...

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only positive I can see of this is that Pop and Co. know that Mills and Diaw are coming back. B/c last year, both Pop and RC told him not to play in the FIBA Americas tourney.

If both come back, it won't be that big of a deal. The Spurs are very deep and can do without Manu for most of the regular season. But that depends on both Mills and Diaw returning, which all signs point to them returning at this point. Remember Pop called Mills the next 6th man for the Spurs last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just made the Spurs win the Championship with his play and some guys are hating on him. Stupid fools! Manu can do whatever he wants, he's got nothing left to prove...
    I'm not even angry at Manu. I'm more pissed at the Argy national team for asking him back over and over again. ers should leave him alone and stop guilt-tripping him into playing using the national pride BS.

It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it! ~Sweetmelody~'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that was quick...This board is bipolar or on drugs or both!

Happy Manu will represent his country. His loyalty, passion and compe iveness is what makes him and the other International players a perfect Spur. A Family.

It might not be what any of us want but we have to respect his decision and support our family.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only positive I can see of this is that Pop and Co. know that Mills and Diaw are coming back. B/c last year, both Pop and RC told him not to play in the FIBA Americas tourney.

If both come back, it won't be that big of a deal. The Spurs are very deep and can do without Manu for most of the regular season. But that depends on both Mills and Diaw returning, which all signs point to them returning at this point. Remember Pop called Mills the next 6th man for the Spurs last year.
    Manu's decision to play kinda changes what the team needs this off-season. Before, it seemed obvious that we should go after a backup SF and another reliable big. But if we're going to see 2013 Manu out there, we might need another playmaker on the bench.

GoSpursGo! Race for Seis!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think my Spanish was that bad... When I read his comment "Estoy adentro!", then clicked on the link which lead to the video which is led "See You in 2014" I just thought he meant he was in the video. He was featured in the video (as are a few other Spurs)! Any chance people just read the message wrong? **fingers crossed**

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even angry at Manu. I'm more pissed at the Argy national team for asking him back over and over again. ers should leave him alone and stop guilt-tripping him into playing using the national pride BS.
    Truth be told, Argentina have a cakewalk group (easiest of the 4) and wouldn't have to face France or Spain until the Quarters or Semifinals. As long as he plays like he did this past season, mostly passing and 3 pointers, he should be fine. But no more Old Manu El Contusion play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got us #5. Who ing cares?! I dont want him playing either but this isn't a big deal.
    This...

Manu will play but I don't think the Argie coaching staff will put him in a position to injure himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is for sure, Pop will have to sit Manu for a month maybe more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's decision to play kinda changes what the team needs this off-season. Before, it seemed obvious that we should go after a backup SF and another reliable big. But if we're going to see 2013 Manu out there, we might need another playmaker on the bench.
    That's why the Spurs brought in Belinelli. He is Ginobili insurance. He's definitely going to play a larger role next season. New players usually have a bump their second year with the Spurs and I want to see Chicago playoffs Belinelli instead of sitting on the bench Belinelli.

Thread Information