Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Pretty sad that you are now down to simply lying, wow. A "world class" sprinter who had better things to do than run in the Olympics, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You honestly think anyone believes that?

"The California Comet" Hal Davis passed up on the trials but that was due to his conditioning.
    Not lying. Pretty sad you have to say that I am lying because you (a) don't know the answer and (b) were unable to find the answer.

Don't feel bad. It is a hard question. Only the best of the best, and maybe not even those folks could name that individual off the top of their head and would have to do some detailed research to even get it.

Once again thanks for playing and better luck next time.

Not lying. Pretty sad you have to say that I am lying because you (a) don't know the answer and (b) were unable to find the answer.

Don't feel bad. It is a hard question. Only the best of the best, and maybe not even those folks could name that individual off the top of their head and would have to do some detailed research to even get it.

Dude, I can talk Lon Myers and Bernie Wefers, ok? I go back to the 1800's with this stuff. There is nothing about the 40's and sprinting I'm not aware of. You are lying and we both know it.

You read something wrong and it's real obvious, that's why you have no answer to your question.

Since you are showing us all just how lowrent you really are, I'm done with you. You're an obvious idiot in hiding.

See ya stupid~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    stumped Avante rage

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Dude, I can talk Lon Myers and Bernie Wefers, ok?
    Well la de ing da.

I go back to the 1800's with this stuff.
    So does Google. What is your point.

There is nothing about the 40's and sprinting I'm not aware of.
    sans the question I asked.

You are lying and we both know it.
    Swear to God I am not lying. The sprinter went to an Ohio college. There is a hint.

You read something wrong and it's real obvious, that's why you have no answer to your question.
    Nope. I have the answer, but I will only confirm it if you say the correct name.

I'm done with you.

See ya ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We could ALL only be so lucky.

Derrick Henry is even better than I thought.

I can't believe they brought up his 11.1 HS 100m, that is SLOW~~~ I'm guessing he's a 4.55 40 cat, not a blazer but fast enought for a guy that size.

He reminds me a bit of Calvin Hill with that stride.

What he does is beat a D down. At first he's knocking out 3-4, then it's 4-6, then that ..BOOM!...60! Then that ..Boom..50.

Another big fast black running back, actualy bigger than Walker/Bo and Dupree, just not as fast.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-15-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Ok, the big back.

Pitt...Ironhead Heyward
    Ohio State...Pete Johnson
    Oklahoma...Marcus Dupree
    Auburn...Bo Jackson
    Oregon St...Steven Jackson
    Texas...Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams
    Notre Dame...Jerrome Bettis
    North Carolina...Natrone Means
    Georgia...Herschel Walker, Todd Gurley
    Syracuse...Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Jim Nance
    Oregon...Lagarette Blount
    USC...Sam "Bam" Cunningham
    Kansas...John Riggins
    Alabama...Eddie Lacy, Derrick Henry
    LSU....Leonard Fournette
    Azusa Pacific...Christian "Nigerian Nigthmare" Okoye
    Villanova...Billy Joe
    Purdue...Mike Alstott

So who needs to be there?

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Dude is legit...Running for over 200+ yards against both LSU and Miss. St.

Call me impressed. Sitting there watching the game yesterday, and Gary Danielson said, "Miss. St. has done a good job containing Derrick Henry so far." I immediately said, "Don't ing say that...now he's going to bust one."

5 seconds later....74 yard touchdown run.

Dude is legit...Running for over 200+ yards against both LSU and Miss. St.

Call me impressed. Sitting there watching the game yesterday, and Gary Danielson said, "Miss. St. has done a good job containing Derrick Henry so far." I immediately said, "Don't ing say that...now he's going to bust one."

5 seconds later....74 yard touchdown run.
    If ever a guy looked sluggish....seven yards. It's Derrick Henry. He just doesn't look like he's moving that fast...fifty yards, but neither did Jim Brown.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Derrick Henry is even better than I thought.

I can't believe they brought up his 11.1 HS 100m, that is SLOW~~~ I'm guessing he's a 4.55 40 cat, not a blazer but fast enought for a guy that size.

He reminds me a bit of Calvin Hill with that stride.

What he does is beat a D down. At first he's knocking out 3-4, then it's 4-6, then that ..BOOM!...60! Then that ..Boom..50.

Another big fast black running back, actualy bigger than Walker/Bo and Dupree, just not as fast.
    He is running against defenses getting blown back. I will question the Alabama back given the Olines they have. There is no question in my mind LF is a better RB. Henry is another straight line guy who eventually gets exposed in todays NFL. Calvin Hill was much more shifty, horrible comparison.

Back to the question, this guy was from Ohio and turned down the Olympics. Looks like you can't google it. Hit the libraries in Ohio because that's what you do #research.

He is running against defenses getting blown back. I will question the Alabama back given the Olines they have. There is no question in my mind LF is a better RB. Henry is another straight line guy who eventually gets exposed in todays NFL. Calvin Hill was much more shifty, horrible comparison.

Back to the question, this guy was from Ohio and turned down the Olympics. Looks like you can't google it. Hit the libraries in Ohio because that's what you do #research.
    Wrong as usual, no Calvin Hill wasn't more shifty, dude...ha~~~~~ Hill was 6-4, ok guy? Calvin Hill had this really bad habit, what was it?

Derrick Henry is the classic ..I..back. Yes and yes he is a situation runner not a guy working the edges, He's like a fullback, limited.

Don't care about stupid track questions.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-17-2015 at 12:56 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He is running against defenses getting blown back. I will question the Alabama back given the Olines they have. There is no question in my mind LF is a better RB. Henry is another straight line guy who eventually gets exposed in todays NFL.
    I concur. It's really hard to evaluate Alabama running backs.

If I'm a GM I'd rather let some other team burn a first round pick on Henry and instead take a late round flyer on a surprise back to back 1000 yard runner from a pass happy system like say....Deandre Washington

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wrong as usual, no Calvin Hill wasn't more shifty, dude...ha~~~~~ Hill was 6-4, ok guy? Calvin Hill had this really bad habit, what was it?

Derrick Henry is the classic ..I..back. Yes and yes he is a situation runner not a guy working the edges, He's like a fullback, limited.

Don't care about stupid track questions.
    You are a total idiot if you think Hill was a straight line runner. I don't care if he was 8 feet tall.
    Clueless, stick to track and your straight lines.

So, who was this guy opting out of the Olympics?

You are a total idiot if you think Hill was a straight line runner. I don't care if he was 8 feet tall.
    Clueless, stick to track and your straight lines.

So, who was this guy opting out of the Olympics?
    Dude, ya wanna talk about Calvin Hills track career at Yale? And where did I say anything about him being a straight line runner? I only saw the guy play a dozen times or more, how about you? And if ya did see him play what bad habit did he have? It was constantly talked about, well?

Hill wasn't overly elusive or agile, this is a known fact, how many 6-4 backs are?

How dumb are you?

Nobody opted out of any Olympics, something is wrong with this question.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, ya wanna talk about Calvin Hills track career at Yale? And where did I say anything about him being a straight line runner? I only saw the guy play a dozen times or more, how about you? And if ya did see him play what bad habit did he have? It was constantly talked about, well?

Hill wasn't overly elusive or agile, this is a known fact, how many 6-4 backs are?

How dumb are you?

If you had you would have noted that his forte was the leap into the endzone from goaliine situations and for first downs. You would have known this if you were a fan. He was agile, he was a very good athlete. This is why he was a RB.
    How stupid are you, huh?
    Ok?
    Ok little man?

I can name at least 10 salads made with Balsamic Vinegar that would curl your nose hairs.
    Ok?

If you had you would have noted that his forte was the leap into the endzone from goaliine situations and for first downs. You would have known this if you were a fan. He was agile, he was a very good athlete. This is why he was a RB.
    How stupid are you, huh?
    Ok?
    Ok little man?

I can name at least 10 salads made with Balsamic Vinegar that would curl your nose hairs.
    Ok?
    Dude, I was watching Don Perkins the first great Cowboy RB long before Calvin Hill, ok little man? Saw Hill play many many times, no he wasn't agile/elusive, compared to those who are, ok?

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember how Chuck Foreman had this habit of spinning to elude tacklers, well Hill did something that announcers always commented on, what was it?

I do get a kick out of little know nothings like you, ha~~~~~~~ Remember Cowboy RB Amos Marsh, of course not.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, I was watching Don Perkins the first great Cowboy RB long before Calvin Hill, ok little man? Saw Hill play many many times, no he wasn't agile/elusive, compared to those who are, ok?

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember how Chuck Foreman had this habit of spinning to elude tacklers, well Hill did something that announcers always commented on, what was it?

I do get a kick out of little know nothings like you, ha~~~~~~~ Remember Cowboy RB Amos Marsh, of course not.
    You never even noted Hill's ability to leap over defenders.
    Ok?
    I can't take you serious little guy, alright?

Dont make me list 14 LEDs that give off 95% of their energy as light, ok?
    So, the big ornamental squash family...Follow this little man, you got me?
    I know you were once a salamander with exterior gills but follow me, ok?

Remember when you had a desire to Lance Rentzel those little Phillipino girls Mr. North Dallas Forty, huh?

You never even noted Hill's ability to leap over defenders.
    Ok?
    I can't take you serious little guy, alright?

Dont make me list 14 LEDs that give off 95% of their energy as light, ok?
    So, the big ornamental squash family...Follow this little man, you got me?
    I know you were once a salamander with exterior gills but follow me, ok?

Remember when you had a desire to Lance Rentzel those little Phillipino girls Mr. North Dallas Forty, huh?
    Dude, go bug others ok? You're just to ing dumb to mess with. Now scram.

Whoa, before ya go...

Hill was always trying to jump over everyone, ok? That was his bad habit I was talking about. All the announcers would..."he really needs to stop that".

Now, go away.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Been a long time since I asked the self-proclaimed track expert that question, and still no correct answer from him.

Nothing wrong with the original question. Only thing wrong were your answers. Glad to see you can't get facts right a year after the fact.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, go bug others ok? You're just to ing dumb to mess with. Now scram.

Whoa, before ya go...

Hill was always trying to jump over everyone, ok? That was his bad habit I was talking about. All the announcers would..."he really needs to stop that".

Now, go away.
    Oh all the announcers said this...

Calvin Hill can't be good athlete. He was not an elite sprinter so it's impossible.

Well .

He must have been horrible.

Stop messing with me little fella, OK?
    Last edited by pgardn; 11-18-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Oh all the announcers said this...

Calvin Hill can't be good athlete. He was not an elite sprinter so it's impossible.

Well .

He must have been horrible.

Stop messing with me little fella, OK?
    Calvin Hll was a great athlete, Google his athletic career at Yale. But...he wasn't a shifty elusive type RB, what 6-4 RB is? He had good speed, and power with some wiggle for a big guy. Dude, why would I care how he ran, I;m simply telling you how it was, ok?

If Saban cares anything at all about Henry's Heisman xhances he lets him get at least 150 yards vs RinkyDinky State before sitting him down.

It is funny isn't it? Why people struggle with....been into this stuff for a long time....I can't figure out. Why they always try to fight it is comical.

, I remember back when there were no black players in the SEC. And the Dallas Cowboys were in the western conference.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It is funny isn't it? Why people struggle with....been into this stuff for a long time....I can't figure out. Why they always try to fight it is comical.

, I remember back when there were no black players in the SEC. And the Dallas Cowboys were in the western conference.
    Were you a fish then, or had you already made an amphibious landing?
    Or did you evolve directly into an old man with lists?

Im struggling with you struggling concerning Calvin Hill and a sprinter who bypassed the Olympics.
    Ok?~~~~~~~~ See little guy, big dummy.

Were you a fish then, or had you already made an amphibious landing?
    Or did you evolve directly into an old man with lists?

Im struggling with you struggling concerning Calvin Hill and a sprinter who bypassed the Olympics.
    Ok?~~~~~~~~ See little guy, big dummy.
    Am I all you do here little ?

And there was never any sprinter who bypassed the Olympics, so why the lie?

Starting RB's who return kickoffs, that's a rarity. I do see Christian McCaffery as more a third down, return kicks guy at the NFL level. He does have good speed for a white guy. I'd guess he could probably cook a....10.60...100m. He was a 10.75 guy in HS. To put that in perspective, Jamaal Charles was a 10.18 guy at Texas.

Would ya believe Jim Brown returned KO's his rookie season with Cleveland?

A few others...

Timmy Brown Eagles
    Anthony Davis USC
    Ollie Matson Cards
    Gale Sayers Kansas/Bears
    Paul Lowe Chargers
    Abner Haynes North Texas/Chiefs
    Herschel Walker Cowboys/Generals

Not sure I believe this one.

Story goes, that while in HS Marcus Dupree was running back so many KO'd for TD's the offense went to the coach to see if he could take Dupree off that duty so they could play, ha~~~~~~~

Getting back to McCaffery his grandfather was Dave Sime one of the fastest white Americans ever, a debate that he was the fastest is very real. Here he is in 1960 barely being edged out for the Olympic 100m gold medal by the great Armin Hary.

Lane 1

Last edited by Avante; 11-22-2015 at 05:48 AM.

Thread Information