Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I do think Bertans should have been brought over, and Dangubic was in the same boat of free agency without a contact or buyout problems, I'm glad Dangubic was kept overseas.

Bertans is what he is. A shooter. His body needs work, but his game is pretty refined. He could play in a game in the NBA tonight and fit in because he has a ready made role.

Dangubic is a lot different. He's an a complete player compared to Bertans, and his time would be more unclear. But much more importantly, he's improving, a lot. I'm the one who posted 5 full games of his after the draft, but I never commented on them like I did c after posting Bertans games, or Baynes euro games, or even my thoughts on o old Sanikidze games from the Estonian league.

Because Dangubic wasn't impressive in those games. I watched like two and barely noticed him. He wasn't standing out. I suspect the only reason he was drafted was because he went to the Adidas euro camp and won MVP. Without that, his Adriatic league tape I don't think gets him noticed or drafted.

But now as a part time starter for Red Star, he's really getting better. A lot better. I didn't care about him at all based on aba games last year. Now he has my attention in a big way. He's building a better career.

And he still has room to get better. For instance, his shot is funky. Kind of a hitch, slow, low, just needs work with chip. And he's no danny green when it comes to transition defense. But he's getting better with minutes against Euro league compe ion.

I've watched more of his games that I haven't posted, like I think the game against Andalou where for whatever reason he didn't play in the first half. And the more I watch the more I start thinking he just might be the best of all the spurs overseas prospects. If he keeps getting better, and he's not too old as he turns 22 in April I think ... I could see him being an NBA starter down the road if he keeps it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the more I watch the more I start thinking he just might be the best of all the spurs overseas prospects. If he keeps getting better, and he's not too old as he turns 22 in April I think ... I could see him being an NBA starter down the road if he keeps it up.
    Wow. Don't get us all here too excited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't help it. He might be the best, I still have some more games to watch but he impresses. I don't have current full games of LJC, but based on his crap stats and minutes in the French league if I remember right, he wouldn't have a chance to have my attention like Dangubic. I posted a way to watch all of Hanga's games in the Hanga thread, but so far have only watched a single half. Not a lot to go on, but I think I might rank the remaining spurs overseas guys:

1a. Dangubic
    1b. Bertans
    3. Hanga
    4. Sanikidze's bald spot
    5. LJC
    6. Ryan Richards' bizarre at ude problems and absent work ethic
    .30. Denmon
    1000. Chris Carawell
    1001. Deshaun Thomas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from I think the most recent Adriatic League game, so a little step down in compe ion, but ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I should start paying more attention to this guy. In the handful of Euroleague games I have seen him play in he was mostly invisible except for a few athletic plays and some decent defense. The best stretch I saw was in a game against Laboral Kutxa where he played almost the whole second half and pretty much shut down their pick and roll game by blanketing Thomas Heurtel on every step.

I hope he makes the roster for the EuroBasket tournament. Interestingly enough, his teammates Kalinic and Mitrovic will probably be his main compe ion for a spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might have gotten caught up in his good games. I watched his abomination against Real Madrid where his dumb turnover and atrocious fouls kept him to a few minutes.

He still can't shoot very well and probably needs his shot rebuilt. But I still like him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Objective and as always Jyra for giving us some first hand information on our foreign players. Please keep it up it's always good reading when things are slow at the job..

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from I think the most recent Adriatic League game, so a little step down in compe ion, but ...

Had to rewatch this one. Pretty good hang time with contact and to move the ball around and still throw it down with both hands... Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to rewatch this one. Pretty good hang time with contact and to move the ball around and still throw it down with both hands... Nice.
    Kid is above average athlete, its the rest of his game that is sub-par...Still young enough to improve those area's and contribute to the spurs in the future though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he needs to tear up a knee before the spurs even start to thinj about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he needs to tear up a knee before the spurs even start to thinj about him.
    Never wish an injury on any player, but sometimes it takes an injury for a player to develop things other than running and jumping...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never wish an injury on any player, but sometimes it takes an injury for a player to develop things other than running and jumping...
    what if you could get a player with an insane ability to run and jump, to do other things?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if you could get a player with an insane ability to run and jump, to do other things?
    without "never wishing an injury, but..."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play at all in their must recent Adriatic league game, maybe he's hurt.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.kkcrvenazvezda.rs/index.p...vica-i-u-atini

According to his team, he is out because of the wear and tear of the recent compe ion. It reads (babelfish translated) as if he is down on jogging in practice, no specifics to any injury...

The jogging-thing (started on wednesday) confirmed here: http://www.mozzartsport.com/vesti/ve...inaikosa/96884

Source of the arcticle is his teams twitter: https://twitter.com/kkcrvenazvezda
    His twitter-feed is pretty unused: https://twitter.com/dangubicnemanja

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does the Bertans injury get this guy a chance to come over, this summer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea, but this guy defends 1-3 and makes athletic plays. Needs a lot of work with Chip. Is pretty low on the totem pole when it comes to getting the ball on Red Star, the d-league might be beneficial in that even if the talent is much lower, he'd have a chance to be the man on offense there.

He could play spot minutes right away I think with defense and hustle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the kid can dribble the ball and actually have the ability to drive to the basket then sign him. I am tired of watching Spurs players only be able to do spot up shooting and not able to dribble the damn ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some new vids of him on you tube if anyone wants to watch. Very interested to see if he gets a invite to camp and how that turns out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see the front office just bring over all the stashed wings for the Summer League. With Dangubic, Thomas, LJC, Hanga and Sanikidze you could run an all SF lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, just bring the guy in. if he doesn't work out, draft another guy. I think the Spurs are suffering from a major case of over-thinking it, with the draft and stash. It's all well and good to get a prospect some quality court run, until somebody gets hurt... or comes to the realization that the nba is where he really wants to be, he's already been drafted, and he's not playing in the nba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good chance that Manu retires Beli and Green leave for more money so him being a SG I am sure they are keeping
    a close look on this kid...6'8 SG ..I Like...
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-28-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His team just won the Adriatic league le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see the front office just bring over all the stashed wings for the Summer League. With Dangubic, Thomas, LJC, Hanga and Sanikidze you could run an all SF lineup.
    Sanikidze looks like 50 years old guy. Thomas is rarely playing for Barcelona.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanikidze looks like 50 years old guy. Thomas is rarely playing for Barcelona.
    Sanikidze was just thrown in there for fun really.
    I don't know why you would claim that Thomas rarely plays, he is averaging 20mpg and started most of the games.

Thread Information