Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanikidze was just thrown in there for fun really.
    I don't know why you would claim that Thomas rarely plays, he is averaging 20mpg and started most of the games.
    I saw Barcelona games vs Olimpiakos and Thomas was bench most of the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Thomas play most of the second half that game after subbing into the 3rd? I might be confusing that with another game though.

I've started watching some Thomas games, he does play. Don't know how well he would fit on the spurs though. Really nice post player as a smallish SF, pretty smooth with the left hand. Haven't seen all that much else yet, still need to watch more. No explosion, good shape but not a great athlete, can't keep any wing players in front of him. Don't know how useful he works be to the spurs. Kind of like nando de Colo on defense with a post up game for offense, and not much bigger than nando either.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dangubic is starting to become really intriguing to me. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ryan Richards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No worries there, Dangubic actually cares about basketball. Guys don't pick up point guards full court pressuring them from tip off to final buzzer in the finals games if they don't love the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dangubic is starting to become really intriguing to me. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ryan Richards.
    I agree completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are his stats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not good.

ABA. / euro league

MPG - 15.7 / 14.4
    PPG - 5.8. / 4.2
    RPG - 2.6. / 2.0
    APG - 1.3. / 0.7
    FG%- 41.3%. / 37.5%
    3PT% - 30.9. / 35.1

It's not really his stats, but the potential. He's a poor shooter who needs work with Chip who is also low on the totem pole for touches. But it's what he can do that's appealing. Guarding the opposing point guard full court in finals games, being a sharp defender on the perimeter, finishing strong, generally useful basketball iq. I've grown to love his potential after watching him a lot, probably seen over 10 games plus segments of others.

His shoot needs to be fixed, he commits some unusual frustration fouls, his post defense isn't strong, every once in a while in his exuberance to defend he wobbles about like Bertans on roller skates which makes me worry about his knees. He needs time, and Austin would do him good, he doesn't get the chance to command the ball at Cvrena Zvezda to take improve his offensive game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is he getting a camp invite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is he getting a camp invite?
    Almost certainly not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is with Serbian NT this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he play against Spain?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he play against Spain?
    He was one of the last guys to get cut from the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nemanja suffered avulsion fracture of hip joint. This type of injury requires rest for 4 weeks, without a cast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not the most exciting prospect to begin with

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this another Adam Hanga situation, or does this guy have a chance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's back after that problem with hip. He is better and better, in the last game he was best in his team with 17pts. Idk, but i think that he has some chances (not so big).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unremarkable performance for him in the first Euroleague playoff game against CSKA Moscow. His statline: 6 points (2 threes)/4 rebounds/2 assists/17 minutes.

He never had a chance to show off his athleticism and barely played in the second half. He's is the 5th option on most possessions spotting up on the weakside and his ball handling isn't really good enough to turn the corner when he is running secondary P&Rs.
    I think his shooting mechanics looked more fluid and compact and his effort on the defensive end is good even if he is no shutdown defender.

I'd like to see him play in the Summer League where he can have more room to take advantage of his physical tools in the open court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unremarkable performance for him in the first Euroleague playoff game against CSKA Moscow. His statline: 6 points (2 threes)/4 rebounds/2 assists/17 minutes.

He never had a chance to show off his athleticism and barely played in the second half. He's is the 5th option on most possessions spotting up on the weakside and his ball handling isn't really good enough to turn the corner when he is running secondary P&Rs.
    I think his shooting mechanics looked more fluid and compact and his effort on the defensive end is good even if he is no shutdown defender.

I'd like to see him play in the Summer League where he can have more room to take advantage of his physical tools in the open court.
    How are his NT prospects? That'll probably play a large role in whether he'll be available for the SL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are his NT prospects? That'll probably play a large role in whether he'll be available for the SL
    No idea, that was on my mind as well. I would imagine that he will at least take part in the preparation up to the qualifying tournament but I guess we won't know until then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he makes the roster. Serbia has too many weapons better than him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is included in the preliminary 15-man roster for the Olympic Qualifiying tournament: http://www.fiba.com/oqt/serbia/2016/news/serbia-squad-stands-at-15-following-changes-to-frontcourt-line-up

Djordjevic's men will first travel to Paris to face Les Bleus on 21 June and the two teams will square off at Belgrade Arena four days later. Their final friendly game will be again at the OQT venue, on 28 June against Greece.
    He could still get cut and make it over in time before the Summer League starts (Utah, July 4th).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see that he actually made the final roster:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he will not play in Rio. Tbh, idk how he made this. He is the worst Spurs pick ever, seriously. He knows nothing, literally. Don't know to dribble, to shoot...
    The only thing he knows to do is TO JUMP HIGH. Nothing else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he knows how to play defense right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he knows how to play defense right?
    Yep. That's part of his game that is not so bad. He knows how to jump and to play a properly defense.

Thread Information