Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2994
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4109010.story

"Though the Bulls had yet to be told officially they're out of the Anthony sweepstakes, the New York Daily News reported Anthony will make his Knicks' announcement Thursday. That would intensify the Bulls' pursuit of Gasol, and league sources indicated the Bulls hope to pursue sign-and-trade options with the Lakers for him involving Carlos Boozer's expiring salary."

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pau goes to Chicago Thibs will retire him within 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three years after breaking up a championship team, Cuban finally found a player to take his money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think that Pau is more likely to go to NY if Melo stays there or to stay in LA if Melo goes there? NY can only offer the mini-MLE and LA with Melo means a huge pay cut for Pau.

It seems far more likely that he stays in LA if Melo signs elsewhere. Then LA can give him a lucrative 2 year contract (20-24M) that aligns with Kobe's deal. Both contracts fall off in 2016 so they can pursue KD and Pau becomes a trade chip to use before the 2015 trade deadline in a possible deal for Love.
    Pau wants to be on a contender and Pau has never been about just the money like Melo...he knows he could be an important piece for a team to contend, especially in the East...but he's also smart enough to realize that he's no longer the most important piece for possible le contenders...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau wants to be on a contender and Pau has never been about just the money like Melo...he knows he could be an important piece for a team to contend, especially in the East...but he's also smart enough to realize that he's no longer the most important piece for possible le contenders...
    So you think he'll take the MLE from OKC or the Spurs over 10M per year from the Lakers? We'll see in the next days, but I don't think he settles for the MLE until he exhausts every option for a contract that includes an eight figure salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think he'll take the MLE from OKC or the Spurs over 10M per year from the Lakers? We'll see in the next days, but I don't think he settles for the MLE until he exhausts every option for a contract that includes an eight figure salary.
    Don't forget that the 76er's are sitting on 30 milion in cap space and Jackson could sweeten the deal for them to take Stoudemire's lousy contract...melo would love for Lebron to join him in NY, but if not...Pau would be a nice consolation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that the 76er's are sitting on 30 milion in cap space and Jackson could sweeten the deal for them to take Stoudemire's lousy contract...melo would love for Lebron to join him in NY, but if not...Pau would be a nice consolation...
    How is that more of a winning situation than the Thunder or the Spurs, or even the Lakers? And you haven't answered the question. Do you think Pau will take the MLE if he can get an eight figure salary elsewhere?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be hilarious is LeBron takes another week to decide and keep everyone hostages. Great times to be Spurs fan, can just lean back with a beer and enjoy the shambles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Pau will take the MLE if he can get an eight figure salary elsewhere?
    No. I don't think Pau will play for the Spurs or Thunder..he is more likely to go to Chicago..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that more of a winning situation than the Thunder or the Spurs, or even the Lakers? And you haven't answered the question. Do you think Pau will take the MLE if he can get an eight figure salary elsewhere?
    According to Spotrac, Pau Gasol has earned $133,637,005 in his NBA career, with $57 million coming from his last contract with the Lakers that spanned 3 years along with earning $19,285,850 this past season...

With this in mind, is there really any way to determine if Pau is going to chase money or chase a championship with his free agency decision?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that more of a winning situation than the Thunder or the Spurs, or even the Lakers?
    the spurs don't repeat, and once tim moves on next year the spurs go into minor rebuilding mode......Pau won't go to OKC either even though they and the mavericks have in my belief the best chances of unseating the Spurs next year as Western conference champ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I don't think Pau will play for the Spurs or Thunder..he is more likely to go to Chicago..
    Say Chicago goes in a different direction. Pau's choices are the OKC or the Spurs for MLE or the Lakers for 2yrs/20M. Which team does he choose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say Chicago goes in a different direction. Pau's choices are the OKC or the Spurs for MLE or the Lakers for 2yrs/20M. Which team does he choose?
    Given those choices he stays in LA, but Pau won't stay in LA....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly I think that Gasol is going to choose the money. If Gasol accepted the MLE he would be earning about a fourth of his past season's salary, taking a massive paycut from close to $20 million to slightly over $5 million. It is very difficult for me to see Gasol accepting such a drastic reduction in his salary...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Spotrac, Pau Gasol has earned $133,637,005 in his NBA career, with $57 million coming from his last contract with the Lakers that spanned 3 years along with earning $19,285,850 this past season...

With this in mind, is there really any way to determine if Pau is going to chase money or chase a championship with his free agency decision?
    I don't think any of us know much about Pau's priorities, except that the guy is from Barcelona, seems to enjoy life in LA, and reportedly asked Brooks about cultural diversity in OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks about cultural diversity in OKC.
    ....Brooks is about all the diversity Pau needs to say heck no to OKC....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau would work for three possible contenders, Dallas, nope.....OKC...nope....Chicago...maybe...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that said, if Jackson and NY can dump Stoudamire to Philly....anything is possible...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure seems like Melo is going to stay in NY.....James is expected to announce his decision today....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that said, if Jackson and NY can dump Stoudamire to Philly....anything is possible...
    If they dump Stoudamire and sign Melo to a max contract, that still leaves just the MLE for Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they dump Stoudamire and sign Melo to a max contract, that still leaves just the MLE for Pau.
    ...for now....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see a path for NY to bring back Melo for the max and still sign Pau to a contract well in excess of the MLE?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see a path for NY to bring back Melo for the max and still sign Pau to a contract well in excess of the MLE?
    Everyone is lining up to take Bargnani off there hands lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not pretend the Knicks have any assets to entice anyone to take that Stoudemire contract. Iman Shumpert sucks.

Thread Information