Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fully on board with MLB in south Texas but don't like having to take an established ball club like the athletics to do so.

We'd have the baseball version of the Sonics.
    Absolutely. I don't live in SA, but I think moving a team with a lineage as strong as the A's would be a real tragedy, especially since San Antonio wouldn't be able to support a team. San Antonio seems like a basketball city, and Texas is a football state.

Plus, there's too many Rangers and Astros fans in the state to add a third to the mix and think they'll be some moneymaking franchise.

A's will stay in Oakland, the 4 World Series les they possess will remind the community that they have a of a franchise and will keep it locked up, even if the Giants' success has really stolen a lot of devotion from that team lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe a MLB team in SA can work if the stadium was built two places: Somewhere in downtown SA, or somewhere between New Braunfels and San Marcos, where the Austin market can check out the team as well. Don't think we will get 30,000-40,000 a night unless the Yankees or Redsox are in town on a weekend, or of course make the playoffs but I can see 20,000 a night for the Mariners or Angels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe a MLB team in SA can work if the stadium was built two places: Somewhere in downtown SA, or somewhere between New Braunfels and San Marcos, where the Austin market can check out the team as well. Don't think we will get 30,000-40,000 a night unless the Yankees or Redsox are in town on a weekend, or of course make the playoffs but I can see 20,000 a night for the Mariners or Angels.
    I have always thought a good spot for a stadium would be nesa where retama park is. Place is always filing bankruptcy and is aalready on a huge lot of land with infrastructure. Its also only 45-60 minutes from austin. Just a thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always thought a good spot for a stadium would be nesa where retama park is. Place is always filing bankruptcy and is aalready on a huge lot of land with infrastructure. Its also only 45-60 minutes from austin. Just a thought.

Agree, that would be the perfect location especially with the 35 right there. There is a good amount of land to build a stadium with a retractable roof, and the forum is right there for people to hang out before the game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have often said the same thing about halfway between Austin and San Antonio.
    And I have said it would be a great area to build a new International Airport there as well.
    But I also agree that having the A's in particular.move here might be a mistake.
    However I disagree that San Antonio could not support a team.
    Even the Spurs looked into being owners of an MLB team here if I am not mistaken back when the Marlins were using San Antonio as a reason to get their new stadium built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Athletics unis are the only good thing about baseball, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From a hole to another hole.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    From a hole to another hole.
    Seriously.... if I'm moving a team out of Oakland, the last place I'd want to move it to is San Ghettonio

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously.... if I'm moving a team out of Oakland, the last place I'd want to move it to is San Ghettonio
    This coming from a L.A. Flippers fan.
    Not unexpected.
    You might want to ask yourself why so much of your film industry is buying up land in and around Castroville.
    But then you probably have no idea where that is.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This coming from a L.A. Flippers fan.
    Not unexpected.
    You might want to ask yourself why so much of your film industry is buying up land in and around Castroville.
    But then you probably have no idea where that is.
    I live in San Antonio and I have not heard about all the land buys.......Expand please

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live in San Antonio and I have not heard about all the land buys.......Expand please
    Disney started it years ago. There have been others since.
    My guess is because of the cheap labor, no state income tax, a non-union state, and no earthquakes.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As everyone knows by now the A's just renewed their lease in Oakland and will be playing there for the next 10 years, so no MLB for San Antonio.
    Case closed.

Thread Information