Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since 1970 this Lakers franchise has hit an all time low point, in my 40+ years of following this team. I haven’t seen this teams roster be this bad since Kareem was acquired in that huge deal sending Junior Bridgeman, Dave Myers, Elmore Smith & another player for a young super star who was about 26 years old. At that time we filled our roster with an old players such as Lucious Allen, Don Chaney, Cazzie Russell & a drafted rookie Don Ford as starters. You all remember the rest & it was history in the making with new ownership & some great deals that brought us Magic & James.

We always had the opportunity to improve this team because we always had players we could move & an owner with the passion & desire to win! Now his son takes over & we are in disarray. I have NEVER ever seen a team with no coach before or after a draft, while trying to sign free agents (don’t wanna hear bout the super stars opinion of who cause Mitch keeps saying Kobe was never given that opportunity), going into summer league with no system, etc. Who in the world is gonna sign with us when they don’t know who’s going to coach them? We don’t even have more than 4 players signed to fill a starting line up, unheard of.

Face it, Lebron was never gonna sign here nor Melo for what it’s worth. I had so much confidence that we would acquire K. Love & or Irving after their rookie contracts or that group instead of all these rumors which are completely absurd of getting players who are already 30 years old & doing it all over again in 4 or 5 years. Haven’t they learned their lesson on acquiring older players or BUILDING a team like the Spurs, Suns, Raptors or OKC. I’d rather have 7 players making 7-8 mill a year instead of what they have done signing a once great player coming off a achilles injury who is 34 & has much mileage on his legs & body or sign another super star for another 22 mill & still not have the pieces to make the playoffs. We all know they over paid Kobe, he certainly isn’t worth 25 mill anymore & they could have given him 20 mill & either he takes it or walks!

Kobe has been great, but I’m a Laker fan far before & after. He is all about Kobe since his early days, the Piston Finals loss & since he forced Shaq out. The days of him isolating & hogging the ball were over 3 years ago, that’s why management should’ve known, even more with latest injury. I’m a fond believer in you don’t pay a player for the past you pay them for what you think they can contribute now & in future.

The Lakers have NO plan, I firmly believe that. Jimmy Buss is gonna Frank McCourt this team into the ground, Mitch’s hands are tied & he’s gotta be stressed out. This team, city & fans would be better off with new ownership! We are in a sad pathetic state right now, no room for improvement & players like Nash can’t be traded cause of age & contract.

I tell my son every week, stop getting your hopes up because they won’t show any improvement or get any better until Kobe is gone. They must rebuild this team not add huge salaries & old age to it. My years of knowing this team & years of cheers & jeers have taught me to not get over excited about this situation & according to these unbelievable rumors, hopes & threads are immune to emotion unless it is finalized.

I would like us to be respectable & sign players who play hard & understand the all around game. I thought the Meeks, Young’s, Johnson’s would do well here, but the last two coaches have ruined any young players ability to sustain production. I would love to see Jordan Hill come back & be given a chance to play 30 minutes a game if the training staff is sure his body is up to it, we need more compe ive players not selfish players.

Melo nor Bron was considering LA, many posts & concerns are obvious. I would like this team to move on & hire a coach immediately & get involved with the free agents that are NOT table scraps, because once again I believe that’s what were gonna end up with if they don’t start acting instead of pretending & creating their own fantasy team. Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

I am so disappointed in ownership for this false conception & misleading of the fans, we are the laughing stock of the league right now. I just saw the Celtics make a trade for a decent player in Marcus Thornton, but we don’t have the pieces to even pull off a trade such as that because we have NO trad-able pieces, yes Pau should have been traded two years ago. I’d much rather be in the position of having a young super star at age 26 like Kareem & build a team, than add on older players. Like I said I really don’t see anything good in the next 2 or 3 years until Kobe’s is gone or retired & Nash are gone! Don't hold your breathe all, but I am not to optimistic about next two or three years. By saying that, it could be 3 or 4 years before Lakers basketball is relevant again. I certainly hope management proves me wrong?
    ^ Props to this guy for taking Buss and Co. to task, but a nice meltdown nonetheless.

Tom - i dont see Kobe accepting the fact that the lakers will be medicore for thr next 2 years of his contract, are you sure he sounded that way? Wasnt he the one thar said a few months ago that rebuilding is not in his mo? I guess hes ready to go out with 5 oes.. oh well hopefully randle leads us to multiple les in the future.
    Woj mentioned about the spurs persistence making them a contender for paus services.. imagine if the lakers forced the spurs into a S&T... while we got splitter and danny green.. that would be great.
    Damn I miss the good old days. This sucks
    Getting Lin and Boozer even if it comes with picks basically destroys our franchise. This is not how you build a championship contender.
    I agree putting crappy teams together makes the Lakers look like a bunch of losers. They are building a reputation that looks like a penny pinching FO that dreams about stealing a star from someone else. Dr. Buss is turning in his grave. Time to sell the team.
    Exactly. You guys really wanna see a garbage team for two more years at minimum? You think that's gonna be attractive to potential FA stars? Jim buss is killing our franchise. Next move will be hiring mike Dunleavy
    (following the Lin trade) I'm more interested in what else is coming our way.
    Swaggy P and Jordan Hill

Most of y'all have been good to me. I do not wish Lin Only Fans on your board.
    I wouldn't wish Lin on my worst enemies.
    Most ridiculous unnecessary no sense trade I have seen in a long time if this is true, we don't need Lin, he stinks & we have enough guards. What are we giving up another 1st rd pick, who else are we getting this makes no sense & ties up more money!!!

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL... A 1st rd pick, LMAO what a 20th pick...

What a F'in joke, why are we helping the Rockets to make it worse...

Makes me wanna throw up!!!~

:verysad:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great...Spurs at the top, Lakers burning in ...all is right in the Universe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by K0BEE 2.0
    Woj mentioned about the spurs persistence making them a contender for paus services.. imagine if the lakers forced the spurs into a S&T... while we got splitter and danny green.. that would be great.

Wtf? This cant be real.????????

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans are actually reduced to hoping on landing Shaun Marion or Paul Pierce. LMAO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Spurs will give up Splitter for Gasol.

Gasol would be a nice acquisition but let's face it, its just temporary. Gasol is almost tapped while Splitter its still young and has tons of mileage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Curse

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad Thread doesn't post his senile jibberish over there.

Fredo deserves a lot of the blame, but the CBA deserves a Steve Nash-esque assist imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retweeted by Ramona Shelburne
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
    Rockets have dealt Jeremy Lin and a future first-rounder to Lakers, sources told ESPN. Houston clearing space to land Bosh, keep Parsons.
    pathetic if u ask me

this is their plan B?
    PATHETIC!! We are the damned 76ers helping OTHER teams build contenders.

EFF you Lakers front office and eff you to Kobes handicapping contract!!!

Kobe gets a thank you while us fans get a "hey just stick with us the next 2 crappy years!"
    You don't have to stick around.
    I have been around since the 80s but thank you for your permission. Dont mistake anger and frustration for disloyalty.

It kind of makes you look ridiculous.
    This is... deflating. I trust they have a greater scheme working here. I just can't believe this is how the off season wraps up.
    Lakers still think they're in the running so they trade for a PG that Melo dislikes. Great. What kind of monkeys are running the show?
    ESPN is interviewing the guy that ran on the court to hug LeBron right now... Seriously? Way to promote stupid behavior like that ESPN! Just for a stupid interview.
    And that stupid (bleep) Linda Cohn interviewing. I wish someone punched her in her laker hating face.
    I love how everyone in support of this trade keeps mentioning some future pipe dream. Every (bleep) year it's the same thing here on LG "wait for 2012 guys" "wait for 2014" now it's "don't worry 2015 will be our year to land a big FA" and then when we get nothing it'll be 2016, etc.

Keep puffing the future is bright pipe while other teams are working in the present to make an actual team.
    Are you completely drunk off all that whine that you've been doing?
    Now I'm legitimately worried about the franchise. Did we really just watch 30 years of prestige get shat on? We can't even land Carmelo Anthony?
    I have a feeling a big move is gonna come soon either with a FA signing or a Pau S&T.... and I hope it makes us excited... I'm pretty sure the Lakers aren't gonna let Pau walk without getting a all-star calibre player in return so that NY rumor package is probably fake.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    too bad Thread doesn't post his senile jibberish over there.

Fredo deserves a lot of the blame, but the CBA deserves a Steve Nash-esque assist imho.
    Only pussies & assholes post there. I'm better than that. A damn sight better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes post there. I'm better than that. A damn sight better.
    How come you don't like them?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How come you don't like them?
    Just instinct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't take a punch. Minute you "check their assholes," you get banned.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't take a punch. Minute you "check their assholes," you get banned.
    More..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think 5 mil is terrible it's not cap busting.
    It's beyond terrible for a terrible player :dead:
    Swaggy was far from terrible this year! What games were you watching? Probably wasnt because kobe wasnt playing lol
    I have watched Young play enough to know he is exactly the opposite of what a team player should be .

A black hole who doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound or pass and shoot everytime has the ball.

Popovich wouldn't want him to play even for free...
    Mitch doesn't deserve to be fired...

He deserves to be placed in a life boat and forced to paddle himself to Asia.
    I told u all that Mitch and Jim had no idea what they were doing after the Lin trade. We just wasted $22 million cap space on 3 career backups
    And we missed out on Lionel Hollins.

And now we've missed out on Lance Stephenson.

This has got to be one of the dumbest front offices in the league. So incredibly stupid.

No, thinking on it, they're the dumbest front office in the league.

Just think about all the crappy moves they've made. Dumbest front office in the league. Just stupid.
    Mitch is just clueless IMO

He signs Young to a decent deal and then blows $18mill on Jordan Hill for 2 years? Can the guy stay healthy? CMon man
    Nearly 15m in 2015 cap space gone just like that.

And no Lance Stephenson.

We re-sign two guys that lead us to our worst season ever, and now they're taking up all of our (bleep) cap space next season, and preventing us from signing Lance Stephenson.,

We're also about to hire Byron Scott.

Jim and Mitch need to go. This is no longer all on Jim Buss. Mitch is just as stupid as he is.
    I've been saying for many years that Mitch is probably one of the worst GM's in the NBA. But nobody wanted to listen. Mitch has done a unbelievably piss poor job of managing the cap, drafting, and just overall decision making.

He's been living off the greatness of Jerry West (Kobe Bryant) for far too long and it has finally become clear enough that even the biggest Mitch supporter cannot ignore it.

How in the world do you give this pile off crap roster to Kobe after a ruptured achilles and broken knee? What kind of disrespect is that?

Kobe will be traded. No possible way he isn't traded within 7 days. That's why Nick Young got a 4 yr deal. He's our starting SG for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kobe somehow got traded to the Spurs, this forum would turn into a blackhole and suck every bean3r into it.

Obviously I hope he rots out there in LA.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kobe somehow got traded to the Spurs, this forum would turn into a blackhole and suck every bean3r into it.

The world would implode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs would have to send about 6 players just to match salaries...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would have to send about 6 players just to match salaries...
    How about this?

Splitter $10 mil
    Ayres $3.5 mil
    Daye $1 mil
    Bonner (Sign & trade) $ 4 mil
    Two second round draft picks

Even then we're short $4 odd mil in salary gap. Astounding that Fredo would give Kobe $48.5 mil.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How about this?

Splitter $10 mil
    Ayres $3.5 mil
    Daye $1 mil
    Bonner (Sign & trade) $ 4 mil
    Two second round draft picks

Even then we're short $4 odd mil in salary gap. Astounding that Fredo would give Kobe $48.5 mil.
    Why, it's a 20% cut on a 25/6/6 stat line. It's reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Correction, Ayres is owed $1.8 mil next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LakersNewEra
    Starting Rotation

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:05 pm Post subject:

quixoticsyz wrote:
    Romano338 wrote:
    Your expectations are way too high

That's because he's a spurstalk troll pretending to be a Lakers fan and mocking us by posting deliberately stupid expectations. It's pretty easy to tell.

Paranoid much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LakersNewEra
    Starting Rotation

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:05 pm Post subject:

quixoticsyz wrote:
    Romano338 wrote:
    Your expectations are way too high

That's because he's a spurstalk troll pretending to be a Lakers fan and mocking us by posting deliberately stupid expectations. It's pretty easy to tell.

Paranoid much?

Which thread/what page?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, it's a 20% cut on a 25/6/6 stat line. It's reasonable.
    Question. And you can't pick both.

Are you a Kobe fan or a Laker fan?

Thread Information