Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is to say there are chemistry issues at all?
    I didn't. I'm saying they need to build the chemistry, and become a team around James. You mentioned 3 out of 15 players, chemistry and familiarity will go beyond that, we know that as Spurs fans. The entire team gels together. As for Wiggins stroke looking like , that is fine at this point, he's what? 20? He will develop. He will not expected to be jacking up a ton of shots anyway, they have offensive options ahead of him.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Kevin Love is 25 man.
    Four years away from his prime but will he improve on defense. He's one of a rebounder.

Audie=GOAT human MarioSpeedwagon's Avatar
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They should offer Wiggins for Love straight up basically by including a third team who wants to dump an expiring contract into the mix. Third team gets to save ten fifteen million next season or whatever and Cavs don't have to give up so much. I don't like the idea of them giving up !multiple young players especially since the Wolves don't have a ton of leverage here considering GS offer includes a SG with less potential and ducking up their cap flexibility for the forseable future with Thompson's extension and David Lee's contract that lasts for two more years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should offer Wiggins for Love straight up basically by including a third team who wants to dump an expiring contract into the mix. Third team gets to save ten fifteen million next season or whatever and Cavs don't have to give up so much. I don't like the idea of them giving up !multiple young players especially since the Wolves don't have a ton of leverage here considering GS offer includes a SG with less potential and ducking up their cap flexibility for the forseable future with Thompson's extension and David Lee's contract that lasts for two more years
    Cavs don't have room under the cap to do that. They have to send out a bunch of salary to fit love under the cap.
    Last edited by AaronY; 07-18-2014 at 07:32 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The issue the Cavs had the last time around was they allowed Lebron to play GM and hes a low IQ . When the franchise had Amare on a plate to join the Cavs in 2010 when he was playing solid, he chose Antawn Jamison instead because he felt it was a better 'fit'. Hes a in re , and the only reason why he did so well in Miami is Pat Riley is great at putting pieces around a guy like Lebron.

Lebron+Love+Injury prone Kyrie+Mike Miller would be a second round team in the West, but because the EC is such a D-league right now its hard for me to assess if they are instant Finals favorites or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure what the hold up is
    wolves should do it before the cavs wake up unless they want klay Thompson ove r wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you call my takes bad.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs don't have room under the cap to do that. They have to send out a bunch of salary to fit love under the cap.
    I thought the Cavs had some kind of major trade exception. Besides, under the 2012 CBA trades only have to match up to 150% of salary for non taxpaying teams, and neither team has any chance of paying luxury tax. Much easier than the old matching salary to within 15% rule under the previous two CBAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavs might be the only team in the league that Spurstalk can run better than the in bent GM/Owner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Cavs had some kind of major trade exception. Besides, under the 2012 CBA trades only have to match up to 150% of salary for non taxpaying teams, and neither team has any chance of paying luxury tax. Much easier than the old matching salary to within 15% rule under the previous two CBAs.
    No. Cleveland doesn't have TE (or at best they have a couple of tiny ones) because they used cap space to sign James. You're right about the 150-percent rule, but that still means the Cavs have to come up with $10 Million dollars to send out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Cleveland doesn't have TE (or at best they have a couple of tiny ones) because they used cap space to sign James. You're right about the 150-percent rule, but that still means the Cavs have to come up with $10 Million dollars to send out.
    I think they still have roughly $3 million in capspace after giving Miller his contract. Surprisingly James didn't sign a max deal. His salary is about $20.6 million next year instead of the $22.1 million he was eligible for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they still have roughly $3 million in capspace after giving Miller his contract. Surprisingly James didn't sign a max deal. His salary is about $20.6 million next year instead of the $22.1 million he was eligible for.
    If they actually have cap space left, then they don't have any trade exceptions, not even small ones. And as far as I know, $20.6 M WAS the max for James. Remember, the percentages for max deals aren't taken out of the whole cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow with all of the circus around his free agency, I'm surprised that's the first time I've actually read he didn't actually take the max.

So the single "known" thing all of the writers thought they knew (that he wanted the max) ended up being false . He really did want to go home. With him not taking the max they coulda put SOMETHING together in Miami if he really wanted to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The T'Wolves are going to make off like bandits trading Love, it's pretty crazy.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cago is almost as ty as Poland, that's why nobody wants to go there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20.6M was the max that he could get from Cleveland.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jus saw on the ticker, it's a dun deal!

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice find. Didn't know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jus saw on the ticker, it's a dun deal!
    I don't see anyone reporting the deal as done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit

Bennett is a bust. Good move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the franchise had Amare on a plate to join the Cavs in 2010 when he was playing solid, he chose Antawn Jamison instead because he felt it was a better 'fit'.
    lol you're pulling this right out of your ass tbh, Ferrys reluctance to include Hickson killed that deal not Bron

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I don't understand this Wiggins hype, tbh..

He obviously has a ton of potential, but he's far from a sure thing..why are people treating him like young Tim Duncan or Shaq?..he's doesn't even possess young Carmelo-level of polish to his game, his offense is so raw..

Love is a beast that has shown that he can succeed at a high level playing off the ball, being supported by far inferior talent to Irving, let alone James..the doubt is puzzling, as Love is far from a ball-dominant player, he's the ideal #2 guy on a team and rebounds at an insane level, too..
    Thank you! I don't understand the Wiggins hype either.

The best power forward in the NBA who's not even in his prime yet vs. a project shooting guard/small forward who might turn out to be a bust. This is an easy decision here. You go with the best power forward in the NBA. The only dumb thing I can say that the Cavs did was waiting this long to include Wiggins in this deal in the first place. It's obvious that Love with LeBron gives the Cavs the best chance of winning a championship than LeBron with Project Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love is overrated I believe Wiggins has a much higher ceiling than him tbh. Maybe it was Lebron who urged the team to pursue Love but dude ain't worth that much. Klay Thompson + <Diaw for Love looks like a fair deal though.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The best power forward in the NBA who's not even in his prime yet
    The Cavs aren't trading for Blake or Davis....

Thread Information