Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with CLE waiting and playing hardball either. Especially if they think MIN really values Wiggins more than anyone and you don't think anyone else will offer up anything more enticing for a while. While they may not be able to keep Wiggins, the may save themselves another asset.

But if they have to give up Wiggins, I think it's worth it.
    I smell a whole lotta fear, panic, and pussy dripping from spurfan in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I smell a whole lotta fear, panic, and pussy dripping from spurfan in this thread.
    Naruto Chapter 134

Author: Masashi Kishimoto | Artist: Masashi Kishimoto

Chapters: 535 | Updated: Mar 31 2011 | Status:Ongoing Regular

Tags: Adventure, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen,

Summary: Twelve years before the events at the focus of the series, the nine-tailed demon fox attacked Konohagakure. It was a powerful demon indeed; a single swing of one of its nine tails would raise tsunamis and flatten mountains. It raised chaos and slaughtered many people, until the leader of the Leaf Village - the Fourth Hokage - defeated it by sacrificing his own life to seal the demon inside a newly-born child, whose origins are as yet unknown. That child's name was Naruto Uzumaki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many teams in the East are offensive threats?
    None? They need to build a team to beat the Western teams anyhow. They've got a good enough chance of getting out of the East if Lebron just shows up

Old news

T-Spence ‏@tspence26 This is REALLY last tweet on K-Love. Not taking ANY more questions on it until the trade goes down. Wiggins MAY be involved IF he has to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all surprised. Lebron trying to engineer another super team with Irving, Love, and himself. Did anyone really think he was going to count on Wiggins and Bennett to show up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old news

T-Spence ‏@tspence26 This is REALLY last tweet on K-Love. Not taking ANY more questions on it until the trade goes down. Wiggins MAY be involved IF he has to be.
    Sup TSpence, send the non-believers my regards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid move for the Cavs. They should go ahead and pull the trigger. IMO, they would be the team to beat coming out of the East for years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love is a top 5-7 player in the league, tbh, it's a no-brainer..also, unlike Bosh, he's never been known to need the ball to get his points, as he shoots 3s, scores off putbacks, etc, so his offensive effectiveness shouldn't be as affected by LeCoon/Irving dominating the ball..

That team will have major defensive concerns and they really need to figure out what to do with Waiters..it's always possible that they can acquire a wing defender role player in a package for Waiters, I'm sure there are teams that are willing to take a chance on him..

Also, although the defense is a concern, a front court of Lebron/Varejao/Love/Thompson is an elite rebounding group, which should negate some of the defensive concerns..

Wiggins is a good/great prospect, but there's a good chance he'll never be as good as Love..it's strange that everybody is ignoring that Love is only 25 years old..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the time concern isn't about Minnesota's lack of leverage, it's about other teams upping their offers for Love..Golden State has already made a solid offer, and it's possible that they will eventually increase their offer in response to the Cavs' interest..

If you can strike a deal, do it immediately IMO..building chemistry ASAP..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the time concern isn't about Minnesota's lack of leverage, it's about other teams upping their offers for Love..Golden State has already made a solid offer, and it's possible that they will eventually increase their offer in response to the Cavs' interest..

If you can strike a deal, do it immediately IMO..building chemistry ASAP..
    Waiters, Bennett and pick is also a good deal. Wolves are going to involve Kevin Martin and his bad contract, that counts for something. You cant trade best prospect, prospect, pick and also take bad deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bennett looking like Zach Randolph in Summer League to be honest...Really moving well and showing some nice things for a guy his size. He's not too athletic and is undersized, but has a pretty good handle for that size and is showing some nice footwork and offense.
    I mean, it's summer league. Good play there doesn't necessarily translate to good play in the real games.

Unless someone things Bennett + Wiggins is going to be better than Love over the next few years when LeBron is prime and dominant, I don't understand why people think this is bad for the Cavs. They're in win now mode and even 1 or 2 les would be a massive success to that city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mother's breath and a bull's fart for one.
    Thread, barreling into the debate with a head of steam and a courtyard full of idioms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a healthy fear. As it stands there is probably only one team close to our equal and it's spearheaded by a chucker with half a brain. If this goes down, there will be two teams in our way of 6.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not at all surprised. Lebron trying to engineer another super team with Irving, Love, and himself.
    No team with Kyrie "Overpaid Clone of Isaiah Thomas" Irving and Kevin "Stat-Padder" Love as "stars" can be called a superteam, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team with Kyrie "Overpaid Clone of Isaiah Thomas" Irving and Kevin "Stat-Padder" Love can be called a superteam, tbh....
    Both Irving and Love have been stuck in basketball wastelands with, let's face it, nobody to go along for the ride. Unless you count Rubio or Verejao as supporting stars.

It remains to be seen if Kyrie can mold his game to be a secondary option after Lebron. It would do the same if Love were to come to Cleveland.

That being said, their are both known commodities. That can't be said for Wiggins, who hasn't spent a second on an NBA court, or Bennett, who hasn't really done anything to prove he belongs on one after an entire season.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Both Irving and Love have been stuck in basketball wastelands with, let's face it, nothing really to get them over the hump.
    Isaiah Thomas was stuck in just as bad of a hole as Kyrie until this upcoming season, produced basically the same stats as Kyrie, and has never received nearly as much hype or money as Kyrie, tbh....

Love had plenty of talent around him in Minny, certainly more than some actual superstars have had.... he's simply not a superstar or first option, and his cancerous ways both on and off the court hinder his teams' ability to win....

That being said, their are both known commodities. That can't be said for Wiggins, who hasn't spent a second on an NBA court, or Bennett, who hasn't really done anything to prove he belongs on one after an entire season.
    In the playoffs, when it really matters, both Kyrie and Love are equally as "known" as Wiggins and Bennett....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it, it's official.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving is a net negative player, so I agree with CN's point about him, but Love consistently ranks among the top players in the league in adjusted on/off advanced metrics, tbh..he's a beast that has played with mediocre talent and a coach that gave up on basketball years ago..

Last year's Wolves team was only 40-42, but according to the advanced numbers, they were a top 11-12 team in the league that suffered from a lot of bad luck(injuries, a ton of last-second losses, etc)..

Cleveland's downfall will be keeping Irving, they won't trade him, but they really should, tbh..one of the 5 most overrated players in the league..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because playing with Lebron made Bosh so much better....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it, it's official.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm really torn on this. Love is a little overrated if you're gonna call him a Top 5-7 player, but he's definitely top 10-12 and still a stud. I agree with the poster who said LeBron/Kyrie/Love is probably the East favorites. If you roll with Lebron/Kyrie and Wiggins/Bennett, you have to be realistic that next year is a transition year and true le contention won't be till 2015-16 season.

But I think Wiggins projects out as an All Star eventually regardless of where he plays, and mentoring under LeBron his ceiling is a little higher than that. I thought the whole point of LeBron jumping back to Cleveland besides the sentimental lunchpail do it for Ohio stuff was that he needed to play with younger, more athletic guys now that he's 29 and he's got a lot of mileage on his legs with deep playoff runs every year.
    Last edited by Findog; 07-17-2014 at 10:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because playing with Lebron made Bosh so much better....
    It made Bosh a 4x finals participant and 2x champion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really torn on this. Love is a little overrated if you're gonna call him a Top 5-7 player, but he's definitely top 10-12 and still a stud. I agree with the poster who said LeBron/Kyrie/Love is probably the East favorites. If you roll with Lebron/Kyrie and Wiggins/Bennett, you have to be realistic that next year is a transition year and true le contention won't be till 2015-16 season.

But I think Wiggins projects out as an All Star eventually regardless of where he plays, and mentoring under LeBron his ceiling is a little higher than that. I thought the whole point of LeBron jumping back to Cleveland besides the sentimental lunchpail do it for Ohio stuff was that he needed to play with younger, more athletic guys now that he's 29 and he's got a lot of mileage on his legs with deep playoff runs every year.
    Even if Wiggins/Bennett are shipped out, their main core is incredibly young with Bron being the oldest at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland's downfall will be keeping Irving, they won't trade him, but they really should, tbh..one of the 5 most overrated players in the league..
    I've seen a lot of arguments both ways for Wiggins for Love, but is there even a good argument for not doing Irving for Love?

For as injury prone as Love has been, so has Irving. That's the biggest one I can think of (other than the reality that Cleveland would never actually do the trade)

Thread Information