Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My MIL is a religious fanatic, everything is "praise the Lord", "I'll pray for it"...but she's nice and sweet. So she buys this movie.."God is not Dead". There are football games on and she wants me and Judy to watch this flick with her. Wel since the games will be reshown and I could DVR.... it.

I was prepared to be bored less for a couple hours if I could stay awake.

Well I'll be damn, not bad, not bad at all. Actually I highly recommend it to all you miserable atheists out there.

This college professor is trying to sell there is no God to his class, all but one of his students are buying into his , so that one student takes on the professor, his job is to prove there is a God.

Check it out.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-16-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You are right there is a God and he plays for the Lakers.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You are right there is a God and he plays for the Lakers.
    "Kobe is God"

he didn't need no Kentucky
    or UCLA
    coming right out of high school
    the boy was ready to play

he had game
    and all could see
    now add that cool name
    Kobe

he could shoot
    dribble and pass
    and he was quick
    leaving defenders on their ass

some say he's God
    here on earth
    others say he's just a baskeball player
    no virgin giving him birth
    Last edited by Avante; 08-16-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He could pass
    He choose not to

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He's pretty much over the hill on the downside of his career, injuries showed how human he is, happens to all the greats, happened to Jordan, and will happen to Lebron.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I heard the movie was good too.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Interesting premiss. Going to piss a lot of atheists off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Interesting premiss. Going to piss a lot of atheists off.
    no it won't

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pissed you off.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Read a few reviews after it came out. Seems most non-religious folks said it was filled with unintentional comedy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Read a few reviews after it came out. Seems most non-religious folks said it was filled with unintentional comedy.
    Yeah, i there are definitely parts i would imagine athiests would make fun of.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's it's actually filled with is a ton of logic that no atheist can dispute. For every...well it was actually like this..from an atheist professor, would get knocked down by.......oh really, well what about......by a Christian student.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-17-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even if God was alive at one time, he would've already committed suicide knowing that his le was stolen and given to a rapist, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    What's it's actually filled with is a ton of logic that no atheist can dispute.
    Lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    watched this joke of a movie this weekend (yes my wife is a christian) ... It is pretty easy to debunk. Dude (professor) wasn't actually an atheist, dude was just mad with "god" because he didn't answered his and his moma's prayers and she died. The movie is actually good to have an understanding of how hardcore christians view the atheists and their reasons for being "non believers" all wrong IMO .... that praying for a car to start? Anyways, it's pretty obvious fake ex-athiests Lee Strobel had some input.

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    I don't like to waste time with movies with horrible rating

Top 500

God's Not Dead (2014)

113 min - Drama - 21 March 2014 (USA)
    Your rating:
    -/10

Ratings: 4.9/10 from 15,285 users Metascore: 16/100
    Reviews: 382 user | 34 critic | 5 from Metacritic.com

College philosophy professor Mr. Radisson's curriculum is challenged by his new student, Josh, who believes God exists.
    Director:

Harold Cronk
    s.

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Heard the movie was corny and stale (from a Christain)

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Heard the movie was corny and stale (from a Christain)
    I'm a non Christian and thought it was pretty good, to my surprise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    they might as well call it "God of the Gaps is not Dead"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    just read the basic synopsis on wikipedia, is corny as

Josh Wheaton (Shane Harper), a Christian college student, enrolls in a philosophy class taught by Professor Jeffrey Radisson (Kevin Sorbo), anatheist, who demands that his students sign a declaration that "God is dead" to get a passing grade. Josh is the only student in the class who refuses to sign and is then required by Radisson to debate the topic with him, with the class members deciding who wins.
    Radisson gives Josh 20 minutes at the end of the first three lecture sessions to argue that God exists. In the first two debates, Radisson has counter arguments for all of Josh's points. Josh's girlfriend Kara (Cassidy Gifford) breaks up with him, fearing that standing up to Radisson will jeopardize their academic future. Ultimately, it comes down to the third and final debate between Radisson and Josh, who again both make compelling points. Josh then halts his line of debate to pose a question to Radisson: "Why do you hate God?" After Josh repeats the question twice more, Radisson explodes in rage, confirming he hates God for his mother's death that left him alone despite his prayers. Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that doesn't exist. In the end, Martin (Paul Kwo), a foreign exchange student whose father had encouraged him not to convert to Christianity, stands up and says "God's not dead." Almost the entire class follows Martin's lead, causing Radisson to leave the room in defeat.
    Against the backdrop of the debates, a series of peripherally related subplots develop. Radisson dates Mina (Cory Oliver), a Christian whom he often belittles in front of his fellow atheist colleagues. Her brother Mark (Dean Cain), a successful businessman and atheist, refuses to visit their mother, who suffers from dementia. Mark's girlfriend, Amy (Trisha LaFache), is a left-wing blogger who writes articles critical of Duck Dynasty. When she is diagnosed with cancer, Mark dumps her. A Muslim student named Ayisha (Hadeel Sittu) secretly converts to Christianity and is disowned by her family when they find out.
    After the final debate, Josh invites Martin to attend the Newsboys concert that is in town. Radisson reads a letter from his late mother, and is moved to reconcile with Mina. Amy confronts the Newsboys in their dressing room, only to admit that she wants to get to know God. While on his way to find Mina, Radisson is struck by a car and fatally injured. Reverend Dave (David A. R. White) finds him and guides him in becoming a Christian as he dies. Mark at last visits his mother, only to taunt her; she responds that all of his financial success was given to him by Satan.
    As the film ends, the Newsboys play a video clip of Willie Robertson congratulating Josh. The Newsboys then play their song "God's Not Dead", dedicating it to Josh.[5]

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a little deep for Raider fans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's a little deep for Raider fans.
    its not deep at all... its simple and cheesy

- mean atheist professor who wont pass his students until they sign a paper that says god isn't real

- mean atheist who wont visit his ailing mother

- mean atheist who makes fun of christian girl with his other atheist friends

- mean atheist becomes religious as he's dying

its basically a lifetime/oxygen movie except the role of "evil, woman-hating man" is portrayed as atheists

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    its not deep at all... its simple and cheesy

- mean atheist professor who wont pass his students until they sign a paper that says god isn't real

- mean atheist who wont visit his ailing mother

- mean atheist who makes fun of christian girl with his other atheist friends

- mean atheist becomes religious as he's dying

its basically a lifetime/oxygen movie except the role of "evil, woman-hating man" is portrayed as atheists
    Not a clue, first off the professor is not an atheist. Dude, you are going to tell the guy who ..saw...the movie about it, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Based on your ...perception...of the movie, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, a Raider fan.

Why not just say this......"if you saw it Avante it must have sucked"...isn't that wht this is really about?
    Last edited by Avante; 08-18-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Thread Information