Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Miss runs a spread offense . Ole Miss has a ton of athletes on defense. Their front 7 is a monster and they shut down a Memphis offense who scored 35 points at UCLA in close loss.

And you changed your tune about the spread by mentioning quick passes even though Malzahn was Cam's offensive coordinator. Mississippi State has run a spread offense since Mullins came in 2009. Ole Miss has run a spread offense since 2012. Missouri's spread isn't any different from the other teams mentioned. Now A&M runs a spread passing attack which is different and have dominated defenses outside of LSU.

Spurrier's offense isn't conventional other, but he relies on the deep passing attack compared to A&M.

Petrino ran a wide open offense at Arkansas before he got fired for obvious reasons.
    While we do spend more time in the spread offense as compared to when we were coached by Sly Croom...and even going back to Jackie Sherrill....we hardly ever go spread against good SEC teams. We will go 5 wide against Jackson St., Southern Miss, and other "lesser" teams...but when we play Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Ole Miss...etc. it seems like we try to establish the run first. If that is working...then we'll throw 3 WR's out there. But never 5 like with Jackson St and Southern Miss.

The spread offense in the SEC is a weird thing. If you got the right QB...it can go a long way. If you don't...your QB will have 4 INTs.

My Team
    Post Count
    Unless LSU finds their QB which they appear to have with Harris, they're gonna finish last in the West.
    Is that the QB who came in at the end of the LSU vs. Miss St. game and finally started throwing the deep ball?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To me Georgia is alot like Oklahoma.
    Oklahoma lost to Texas last year.
    A legit loss. Go figure that one out after they stomped Alabama... Oklahoma actually won a bowl game...

My Team
    Post Count
    Oklahoma lost to Texas last year.
    A legit loss. Go figure that one out after they stomped Alabama... Oklahoma actually won a bowl game...
    Sure bet in college football...if Alabama is undefeated and losses the Iron Bowl (which pretty much means they've lost a chance at the National Championship)...bet everything you got on the other team to whip Alabama's ass in whatever bowl game they're playing in.

My Team
    Post Count
    All right Pelicans78 and pgardn...gotta go watch my Tampa Bay Bucs get skull ed by Pittsburgh now. If they keep it with 30 I'll be shocked....

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All right Pelicans78 and pgardn...gotta go watch my Tampa Bay Bucs get skull ed by Pittsburgh now. If they keep it with 30 I'll be shocked....
    Oh jeezzz...

Credit to those of us who keep up with crappy teams.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Too bad nobody but the Generals of the old USFL ever used Walker right, he was a classic I back. Yep....one trick pony.
    Oh look. Re trying to look smarht.

Walker had 2000 yards from scrimmage for the Cowboys in 1988. 1500 rushing, 500 receiving.

There's a reason the Vikings let themselves get raped.

Georgia, SC, Tenn, Missouri...

Just not very good. Pretty damn obvious.

Unfortunately Gurley will miss playing the better defenses in the SEC.
    There is no doubt Gurley is the real deal regardless of that, he's just not on a par with Walker or Jackson and that's obvious.

Oh look. Re trying to look smarht.

Walker had 2000 yards from scrimmage for the Cowboys in 1988. 1500 rushing, 500 receiving.

There's a reason the Vikings let themselves get raped.
    Oh look the dummy can't spell...smart.

We all know about Walkers career little man, ok? I'll go slow...

The Cowboys didn't use him right, and if you'd seen those games you'd know that. The guy couldn't cut back yet they still tried to run him as if he could.

Gurley is bigger and faster than the other backs you mentioned, but I think he's taken too much of a pounding already in college and looks likely to wear down quickly in the pros. Hearst was great in college as well, but he became injury prone in the pros as well as Knoshown Moreno who's been getting injured frequently. Still, Gurley is the best player in college football right now. Don't forget how he physically pounded a great Bama defense two years ago in the SEC le game. He's legit.
    I know he's the real deal/legit, but to try and compare him to Walker/Jackson who were just as big and far far faster....nay!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh look the dummy can't spell...smart.

We all know about Walkers career little man, ok? I'll go slow...

The Cowboys didn't use him right, and if you'd seen those games you'd know that. The guy couldn't cut back yet they still tried to run him as if he could.
    2000 yards and they didn't use him right?

you're an idiot. Pure stupid.

2000 yards and they didn't use him right?

you're an idiot. Pure stupid.
    Stupid is paying attention to yards and ignoring touchs, that's what a total moron does. Nobody should be this ing dumb, wow~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You're stupid. period.

You're stupid. period.
    Stupid is this...

Riggins gained over 1300 yards in 1983, what a great season....right? The cat averaged...3.6.

You gotta be be the dumbest poster I've ever encountered, wow!

Here ya go moron, what most were saying.

The biggest block buster trade in the NFL and the Vikings got the short end of the
    stick. ... Lynn acquired Herschel Walker from the Cowboys and new owner Jerry
    .... player (particularly their defense), but Walker was never used properly by the
    ... All rights reserved, no portion of this publication may be reproduced without ...
    Last edited by Avante; 09-30-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Bo Jackson was a decathlete in HS, he was so superior to everyone else in Alabama he never had to run the final event the 1500, that's dominate!

Hercshel Walker could have been a world class sprinter if not for football.

Todd Gurley not on that level.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Stupid is
    You gotta be be the dumbest poster I've ever encountered, wow!

Here ya go moron, what most were saying.

The biggest block buster trade in the NFL and the Vikings got the short end of the
    stick. ... Lynn acquired Herschel Walker from the Cowboys and new owner Jerry
    .... player (particularly their defense), but Walker was never used properly by the
    ... All rights reserved, no portion of this publication may be reproduced without ...
    Lol most.

that one guy's opinion was that the Vikings didn't use Walker right.....

you're a ing imbecile.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    but way to chop it up and make it look like they were talking about the Cowboys

Lol most.

that one guy's opinion was that the Vikings didn't use Walker right.....

you're a ing imbecile.
    So you are dumb enought to think there wasn't talk about the Cowboys using Walker wrong also? Dude how old were you in the mid 80;s?

but way to chop it up and make it look like they were talking about the Cowboys
    No I didn't, that's exactly how it looked...exactly.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No I didn't, that's exactly how it looked...exactly.
    Yes, you did. This is how it looked......exactly:

Perhaps the Vikings could've salvaged something out of having decimated their team for one player (particularly their defense), but Walker was never used properly by the coaching brain trust (a total oxymoron in this case). Walker left the Vikings for Philadelphia soon after, and ultimately wound up back in Dallas, an ironic completion of Herschel's journey.

http://www.vikingupdate.com/history/.../thetrade.html
    it's a lame Viking fan site.

Only an extremely re ed would claim that a running back that gained 2000 yards from scrimmage was "used wrong".

The discussion is over. But feel free to go full re ed monologue about me though.

Yes, you did. This is how it looked......exactly:

it's a lame Viking fan site.

Only an extremely re ed would claim that a running back that gained 2000 yards from scrimmage was "used wrong".

The discussion is over. But feel free to go full re ed monologue about me though.
    Do you work at being wrong?

I copied that from the Google page to that site, ok stupid? I assumed that was obvious ya dumb .

Where were you in the mid 80's. well I was listening to this..."they need to run Walker between the tackles more, he's not an outside runner"....from Cowboy fans/tv announcers....ok dummy?

Moron....Walker had a unique running style, he was super quick off the mark and powerful, he was not a cut back runner at all. His best work was from the I .......I know, you're confused.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Damn you're stupid.

Damn you're stupid.
    translation

I see you did copy that off Google, I was wrong yet again. I know nothing about the talk about Walker back then. Yep, I know nothing about this. Why I even try to take you on....yep, I'm stupid.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You're illiterate.

You're illiterate.
    Tell my creative writing teacher at COS that, who once told me...."you should seriously think about being a writer".

Does it hurt being as stupid and wrong as you always are?

Thread Information