Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Too bad the announcers didn't know that Gurley was a great HS hurdler when he hurdled that defender today. A video of him hurdling would have been cool.

While he's a great back they really do need to cool the Herschel Walker comparisions, he's not all that. I doubt as a pro he comes close to accomplishing what other Georgia backs Terrel Davis, Rodney Hampton or Garrision Hearst accomplished. Too bad nobody but the Generals of the old USFL ever used Walker right, he was a classic I back. Yep....one trick pony. If they're going to count old AFL numbers they need to count USFL numbers.

copy

Advanced to the semifinals of the 110-meter hurdles at the 2011 IAAF World Youth Championships in Lille, France...Won the 2011 World Youth Trials in the 110 hurdles with a personal best 13.88 and was fifth in the 100...Posted career-best times of 7.16 in the 60 and 8.54 in the 60 hurdles at the 2011 New Balance Indoor Nationals...Won the 110 hurdles at the 2011 NCHSAA AA state meet...Personal-best times of 10.70 (100), 22.85 (200) and 40.89 (300 hurdles).

note...Herschel Walker was a 10.23 100m guy. Bo Jackson 10.33. Walker did beat Bo in the semi's of the SEC indoors in a 60.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-28-2014 at 05:40 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Georgia, SC, Tenn, Missouri...

Just not very good. Pretty damn obvious.

Unfortunately Gurley will miss playing the better defenses in the SEC.

Post Count
    Georgia, SC, Tenn, Missouri...

Just not very good. Pretty damn obvious.

Unfortunately Gurley will miss playing the better defenses in the SEC.
    There are no great defenses in the SEC this season. Ole Miss may be the best.

Post Count
    Too bad the announcers didn't know that Gurley was a great HS hurdler when he hurdled that defender today. A video of him hurdling would have been cool.

While he's a great back they really do need to cool the Herschel Walker comparisions, he's not all that. I doubt as a pro he comes close to accomplishing what other Georgia backs Terrel Davis, Rodney Hampton or Garrision Hearst accomplished. Too bad nobody but the Generals of the old USFL ever used Walker right, he was a classic I back. Yep....one trick pony. If they're going to count old AFL numbers they need to count USFL numbers.

copy

Advanced to the semifinals of the 110-meter hurdles at the 2011 IAAF World Youth Championships in Lille, France...Won the 2011 World Youth Trials in the 110 hurdles with a personal best 13.88 and was fifth in the 100...Posted career-best times of 7.16 in the 60 and 8.54 in the 60 hurdles at the 2011 New Balance Indoor Nationals...Won the 110 hurdles at the 2011 NCHSAA AA state meet...Personal-best times of 10.70 (100), 22.85 (200) and 40.89 (300 hurdles).

note...Herschel Walker was a 10.23 100m guy. Bo Jackson 10.33. Walker did beat Bo in the semi's of the SEC indoors in a 60.
    Gurley is bigger and faster than the other backs you mentioned, but I think he's taken too much of a pounding already in college and looks likely to wear down quickly in the pros. Hearst was great in college as well, but he became injury prone in the pros as well as Knoshown Moreno who's been getting injured frequently. Still, Gurley is the best player in college football right now. Don't forget how he physically pounded a great Bama defense two years ago in the SEC le game. He's legit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama, LSU are certainly good. The spread has made its way to the SEC. Just because the scores are elevated does not mean there are not good Ds. The depth required to contain is just not present in some of these SEC teams. Auburn, ATM, Missouri have turned the conf with their offensive styles. Even Miss. St. has a vastly adjusted offense led by a dual threat QB. There was a reason Kiffin was hired by Saban. Smash mouth can be beaten. The writing was on the wall when Saban whined about the hurry up offenses creating more injuries. Horrible excuse by Saban.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I personally think Alabama, Miss. St., and Ole Miss have the best defenses in the SEC. Especially at D-Line....

What the was up with the Ole Miss vs. Memphis game?? Is Ole Miss' Defense that damn good or is Memphis' offense that ty? I think Memphis barely broke 100 total yards...

Post Count
    Alabama, LSU are certainly good. The spread has made its way to the SEC. Just because the scores are elevated does not mean there are not good Ds. The depth required to contain is just not present in some of these SEC teams. Auburn, ATM, Missouri have turned the conf with their offensive styles. Even Miss. St. has a vastly adjusted offense led by a dual threat QB. There was a reason Kiffin was hired by Saban. Smash mouth can be beaten. The writing was on the wall when Saban whined about the hurry up offenses creating more injuries. Horrible excuse by Saban.
    The spread has been in the SEC alot longer than people think. Tebow and Newton were spread QBs.

LSU's defense is not good this year. Ole Miss and Bama are the only good defenses. State has a good front 7 but bad secondary.

Post Count
    I personally think Alabama, Miss. St., and Ole Miss have the best defenses in the SEC. Especially at D-Line....

What the was up with the Ole Miss vs. Memphis game?? Is Ole Miss' Defense that damn good or is Memphis' offense that ty? I think Memphis barely broke 100 total yards...
    Ole Miss has a beast front 7. If they lose to Bama next week it's only gonna be because of Bo Wallace.

My Team
    Post Count
    Ole Miss has a beast front 7. If they lose to Bama next week it's only gonna be because of Bo Wallace.
    Yeah Bo looked like the first 3 quarters (well take out the opening drive of the game). He's gotta play a lot better against Bama next week to even have a chance. But with Bama...you still have to try and run the ball. If they can establish the run a little bit...that will help Bo out immensely. He's always been a pretty good play action passer. I think Treadwell can have a monster game at home also...they need him to step up big time also.

Still can't believe the Mizzou/South Carolina finish...wow. Talk about a choke job down the stretch...

Post Count
    Yeah Bo looked like the first 3 quarters (well take out the opening drive of the game). He's gotta play a lot better against Bama next week to even have a chance. But with Bama...you still have to try and run the ball. If they can establish the run a little bit...that will help Bo out immensely. He's always been a pretty good play action passer. I think Treadwell can have a monster game at home also...they need him to step up big time also.

Still can't believe the Mizzou/South Carolina finish...wow. Talk about a choke job down the stretch...
    I agree about running the ball. Can't put too much pressure on Bo.

I think Ole Miss will contain Sims and keep him in the pocket. He's been deadly on rollouts.

Great doubleheader next week with A&M at State followed by Bama and Ole Miss.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The spread has been in the SEC alot longer than people think. Tebow and Newton were spread QBs.

LSU's defense is not good this year. Ole Miss and Bama are the only good defenses. State has a good front 7 but bad secondary.
    Yep and they won. I have to disagree, the spread, or offenses based on quick passes with receivers used as blockers instead of runs, is much more prevalent now.

As far as Ole Miss and their D... Who exactly have they played... ? Boise is not a very good team. They don't have the old Boise talent. Miss. should fit Alabama's preferred style perfectly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Spurrier has insisted their D is horrible but no one appears to believe him. And Missouri getting the ball rammed down their throat by Indiana... Indiana, bottom Big 10... Bad stuff.

My Team
    Post Count
    I agree about running the ball. Can't put too much pressure on Bo.

I think Ole Miss will contain Sims and keep him in the pocket. He's been deadly on rollouts.

Great doubleheader next week with A&M at State followed by Bama and Ole Miss.
    I know...gameday at Oxford and SEC network at Starkville. Now if we can get Southern Miss to stop stinking up the joint...

I don't know who I'm gonna pull for. I hate Alabama...but do I hate Ole Miss more? Now that's the million dollar question.

My Team
    Post Count
    Spurrier has insisted their D is horrible but no one appears to believe him. And Missouri getting the ball rammed down their throat by Indiana... Indiana, bottom Big 10... Bad stuff.
    Yeah...we should of seen this coming after the Texam A&M game. South Carolina is gonna have a long year...looks like Georgia is a lock to win the East now. I'm not buying Florida either. They barely won against Kentucky and their offense is suspect at best.

Damn...can we get Miss. St in the SEC East for the rest of this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah...we should of seen this coming after the Texam A&M game. South Carolina is gonna have a long year...looks like Georgia is a lock to win the East now. I'm not buying Florida either. They barely won against Kentucky and their offense is suspect at best.

Damn...can we get Miss. St in the SEC East for the rest of this year.
    The imbalance is curious. Florida is fertile ground.

Miss St. has a of a QB and would be the favorites imo. in the East.

Post Count
    Yep and they won. I have to disagree, the spread, or offenses based on quick passes with receivers used as blockers instead of runs, is much more prevalent now.

As far as Ole Miss and their D... Who exactly have they played... ? Boise is not a very good team. They don't have the old Boise talent. Miss. should fit Alabama's preferred style perfectly.

Miss runs a spread offense . Ole Miss has a ton of athletes on defense. Their front 7 is a monster and they shut down a Memphis offense who scored 35 points at UCLA in close loss.

And you changed your tune about the spread by mentioning quick passes even though Malzahn was Cam's offensive coordinator. Mississippi State has run a spread offense since Mullins came in 2009. Ole Miss has run a spread offense since 2012. Missouri's spread isn't any different from the other teams mentioned. Now A&M runs a spread passing attack which is different and have dominated defenses outside of LSU.

Spurrier's offense isn't conventional other, but he relies on the deep passing attack compared to A&M.

Petrino ran a wide open offense at Arkansas before he got fired for obvious reasons.

Post Count
    I know...gameday at Oxford and SEC network at Starkville. Now if we can get Southern Miss to stop stinking up the joint...

I don't know who I'm gonna pull for. I hate Alabama...but do I hate Ole Miss more? Now that's the million dollar question.
    Hard to pull for either especially since State travels to both.

Post Count
    The imbalance is curious. Florida is fertile ground.

Miss St. has a of a QB and would be the favorites imo. in the East.
    Georgia has the most talent in the East, but their QB is average and defense is underachieving as usual. Its a coaching issue overall. Richt recruits well all the time and sends a ton of guys to the pros, but he can't get over the hump. They should have beat Bama two years ago in the SEC le game but couldn't get it done.

Post Count
    Unless LSU finds their QB which they appear to have with Harris, they're gonna finish last in the West.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Miss runs a spread offense . Ole Miss has a ton of athletes on defense. Their front 7 is a monster and they shut down a Memphis offense who scored 35 points at UCLA in close loss.

And you changed your tune about the spread by mentioning quick passes even though Malzahn was Cam's offensive coordinator. Mississippi State has run a spread offense since Mullins came in 2009. Ole Miss has run a spread offense since 2012. Missouri's spread isn't any different from the other teams mentioned. Now A&M runs a spread passing attack which is different and have dominated defenses outside of LSU.

Spurrier's offense isn't conventional other, but he relies on the deep passing attack compared to A&M.

Petrino ran a wide open offense at Arkansas before he got fired for obvious reasons.
    Fine. UCLA has a good D? Even Texas could move the ball on them?

So there are more wide open offenses games now. You disagree?
    The SEC was ruled by a dinosaur offense in Alabama.
    You think ATM did not play any role in making this clear?
    Who in their right mind would bring Kiffin in if something needed to be changed?

The SEC offenses have adapted. And you disagree?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Georgia has the most talent in the East, but their QB is average and defense is underachieving as usual. Its a coaching issue overall. Richt recruits well all the time and sends a ton of guys to the pros, but he can't get over the hump. They should have beat Bama two years ago in the SEC le game but couldn't get it done.
    Georgia is as overrated as Texas almost every year. This is one of the premier choke teams in college football.

Post Count
    Fine.

So there are more wide open offenses games now. You disagree?
    The SEC was ruled by a dinosaur offense in Alabama.
    You think ATM did not play any role in making this clear?
    Who in their right mind would bring Kiffin in if something needed to be changed?

The SEC offenses have adapted. And you disagree?
    Its a combination of offenses adapting and the defenses losing a ton of quality players to the draft the last two years. The defenses aren't nearly as good as they were in 2012. The offenses have adapted as well with the exception of Georgia which still runs a pro style offense. Kiffin runs a pro style as well. He's only adapted because his QB is used to running no huddle offenses. Kiffin never ran a no huddle until this year. But his offense will get shut down at Oxford. The only way they win is if Bo Wallace commits a ton of turnovers.

Post Count
    Georgia is as overrated as Texas almost every year. This is one of the premier choke teams in college football.
    They almost went to the le game two years ago, but overall they're underachieving considering all the talent they always get. Richt is a monster recruiter, but he doesn't always get the most out of those guys. His last SEC le was 2005. The team he has now is good enough to win the SEC, but they will find a way to lose a close one like the bad loss at South Carolina.

Post Count
    To me Georgia is alot like Oklahoma.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I sill love watching the SEC.

A must see for everyone is Saban staring down Kiffin if anything goes wrong on offense.
    This is great comedy. What ever network, CBS or ESPN shows Alabama, they have to keep a camera on that.

I wonder if any Alabama official has said something to Saban. It's priceless stuff.

Thread Information