Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Shields has been average at best tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cain is the best defensive CFer in the game.
    Those back-to-back diving catches were amazing. Saved it from being a 2 run game.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Those back-to-back diving catches were amazing. Saved it from being a 2 run game.
    Him and the entire defense have done that all season. This team has Gold Glove caliber defenders at C, 1B, SS, LF, and CF while the 3B is pretty good himself.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I still can't believe fat Billy Butler actually stole a base

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did anyone honestly think that in spring training it would be the Royals and Orioles in the ALCS? We are gonna see a World Series in Baltimore or Kansas City. Why can't this happen in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone honestly think that in spring training it would be the Royals and Orioles in the ALCS? We are gonna see a World Series in Baltimore or Kansas City. Why can't this happen in the NBA?
    Baseball is a more "anything can happen" sport than basketball, and team building in baseball is a lot more complex than basketball. Having two top players in the league in basketball pretty guarantees you a playoff berth, even if the rest of the roster is D-league level. In baseball, you can be stacked with notable players on paper and still miss the playoffs. Furthermore, chokes in baseball are a lot more common. Trout going 1-12 in a series or Kershaw giving up 8 runs is like the equivalent of Lebron James averaging 5 points per game in a series, which would never, ever happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Angles proved what they were in this series...a cute little regular season team who would be exposed by a team with dominant pitching. The Royals bats are relentless so I knew they were due to explode at some point in this series. Their offense may not be the sexiest, but it can be the type that can get hot in October.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mattingly is sending Kershaw out for Game 4.

Bully, bully for you Don.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see the Nationals win today - hopefully they can get the series back to DC

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Tigers Bringing in a new manger made a big difference...Jim Leayland really held them back

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are we really gonna have to watch baseball's luckiest two teams in NLCS again?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are we really gonna have to watch baseball's luckiest two teams in NLCS again?
    That's pussy & asshole, Jacob.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just speaking the truth, ass . I'm sure Joe Buck still has a hard on from tonight. He probably has a bucket in the booth when he calls his beloved lucky Cardinals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, Kershaw is officially the biggest choker in North American sports.

I don't even think Peyton's various chokejob masterpieces can out do Kershaw's last 3 post-season games.

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You were saying?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Not impressed with what the Cardinals did. The other team from Missouri swept their SoCal opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    had dodgers traded kemp cards would have swepted dodgers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both teams are jokes. Angels are a bit bigger of joke, though, since SWPT

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the national league. Unless it's the Cubs, American League FTW. Let's go Royals and Orioles.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The idea that Cardinals and Giants are lucky is hilarious. They have 4/5 NL les and 3/5 World Series les the last five years, and have most postseason wins at 30 and 26 over same time. Closest AL is Texas at 18.

Both are well coached and have players who have the "it factor" you can't measure by sabermetrics. I'll concede each got some breaks this year, from rookie managerial decisions to rookie-like pitching collapses. But they still had to make the plays, pitches, and contact to win. Nothing lucky there.

I get being pissrd at their consistent success, but there's no reason to deme grade greatness by saying its luck or implying a fluke. Nothing fluke about 3/5 with two les for Giants or 4/5 with 1 le for Cardinals in making it to NLCS play.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I just can't stand watching them in the playoffs and see their fans about to burst in tears or see them praying. It's pathetic. Acting like your team and fan base has suffered. The Cardinals are the Yankees of the NL.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I just can't stand watching them in the playoffs and see their fans about to burst in tears or see them praying. It's pathetic. Acting like your team and fan base has suffered. The Cardinals are the Yankees of the NL.
    That's the truth about Cards fans. They think they're the best fans in the world. God's gift to mankind. Frankly, I want the Royals to kick their asses in a 7 game series. What they do to other teams in the playoffs won't work against the Royals who's superior at starting pitching, defense, bullpen, and base-running. the Cards. em. We swept a better Angels team and ended it with a rout compared to the Cards who had to win 3 close games.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    But we have to get by a really good O's team. They're good. I respect them. Way more than the Cards.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Amen! I'd love to see the Royals sweep the Cardinals. Cardinals fans would be so salty and butthurt over that and combine that with 1985 and it wwould be epic. But yeah the cardinals and their fan base. Spoiled brats.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cardinals fans are pretty much all the worst aspects of Yankees fans, Red Sox fans, and GNSF combined....

Thread Information