Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anonymous... survey but it's pretty obvious who RC picked.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC.

General managers should see these surveys coming and say, "Gee, my superstar is going to read this and realize that I didn't pick him."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 more years Timmy!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cuban probably picked timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cuban probably picked timmy
    Cuban isn't a GM, or Tyson Chandler would be on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban isn't a GM, or Tyson Chandler would be on the list.
    Sorry for quoting myself, but I just realized that the Mavs don't have a GM, do they? I guess Cuban fills out the surveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know RC was one of the three who didn't vote....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again, this is starting an NBA team TODAY. The fact that an ol' sport like Tim Duncan, who is at the end of his career, gets a pick as a guy you would pick first to start your team is pretty ing impressive

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone would start a team with a 38 year old. Thats pretty good to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Duncan's a horrible pick at all. I can't think of a player who'd have a bigger impact on an organization than Duncan. If he can impart the Spurs way on the rest of the team, then you've got a good group for a long time.

I think that if you were to have GMs do a full expansion draft, it'd be very possible to put a le team together while using a first-rounder on Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lesson -- there are three smart GMs in the entire NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying those who picked Davis? Or the 3 who didn't vote so that their stars wouldn't get mad? If the latter you can add the 4 who voted for their own player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not list the other 3 votes?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone would start a team with a 38 year old. Thats pretty good to know.
    Not "a" 38 years old. Tim Duncan.

And one troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC would've been the 4th if he didn't have his obvious Duncan bias.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Duncan's a horrible pick at all. I can't think of a player who'd have a bigger impact on an organization than Duncan. If he can impart the Spurs way on the rest of the team, then you've got a good group for a long time.

I think that if you were to have GMs do a full expansion draft, it'd be very possible to put a le team together while using a first-rounder on Duncan.
    Of course he's a horrible pick, dude is 38 years old. He'll be retired in one, two years tops. That's not long enough to build a culture. When you could take a 29 year old Lebron or 21 year old Davis, nobody in their right mind is taking Duncan.

I understand the Lebron pick, he's the best in the league at the moment, but I've gotta go with Davis because of his age and upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he's a horrible pick, dude is 38 years old. He'll be retired in one, two years tops. That's not long enough to build a culture. When you could take a 29 year old Lebron or 21 year old Davis, nobody in their right mind is taking Duncan.

I understand the Lebron pick, he's the best in the league at the moment, but I've gotta go with Davis because of his age and upside.
    I'd go with Davis as well. But I do think it makes sense to pick the best leader in the league, even if only for a year. As I said, it shouldn't be all that hard to assemble a championship team around a Duncan pick, especially since most of his Spurs teammates would still be on the board in later rounds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These GM's are all crazy. Lebron is 29 and aging FAST. He'd score 17 in the first quarter and disappear for the next 3 vs the Spurs in the Finals. At this point, he's just all hype and no game.

I'd take Giannis Antetokounmpo. A 7 footer with guard skills and an enormous wingspan. Oh, and he's 19, meaning he'll be a superstar in the league for the next 15 years and have time to get even better. Right now he's just a sick presence on D with his long arms/giant hands and a complete mismatch on offense because of his size and ball handling skills. Lebron is a gifted specimen, but he's got nothing on this kid, and he's also 10 years older.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis' injuries scare me, but how do you not take a guy who is 21 and already the best bigman in the league? Knew this guy was going to be so much better in the NBA than at Kentucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Hinkie picked Duncan and he's planning to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd go with Davis as well. But I do think it makes sense to pick the best leader in the league, even if only for a year. As I said, it shouldn't be all that hard to assemble a championship team around a Duncan pick, especially since most of his Spurs teammates would still be on the board in later rounds.
    If I'm going for a veteran/culture pick, I'd consider taking 4 years of Dirk over 2 years of Duncan.

More interestingly, if coaches were available where would Pop get picked? Top 10? First round?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's cool that RC picked Tim, but it would be a stupid decision, tbh. 10 years ago, Tim wins hands down. Now? C'mon, you gotta go Lebron, Durant, or Davis. Strictly because of age.

If it's just for one year? Ok, then Timmy would probably get more votes. But for the future? You can't draft someone that's going to retire in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC would've picked Bonner, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's cool that RC picked Tim, but it would be a stupid decision, tbh. 10 years ago, Tim wins hands down. Now? C'mon, you gotta go Lebron, Durant, or Davis. Strictly because of age.

If it's just for one year? Ok, then Timmy would probably get more votes. But for the future? You can't draft someone that's going to retire in a year or two.
    If I'm filling out a ing re ed survey, I'm giving a nod to my hall-of-famer. ESPN may not appreciate him, but I certainly do if I'm a member of the organization.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't there some rule that the GMs/coaches aren't allowed to pick players from their own team?

Thread Information