Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't shoot. And apparently 61% of the ones you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations for the record Kobe fans !!!

Trully amazing achievement !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently the same thread on realgm is locked hahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Kobe. I am ashamed that I had to miss the game because I had to take a red-eye flight to a client site last night, but I still logged on whenever I could to check the scores. Finally got into the hotel 2 in the morning, and it's just too late to post.

Anyways, one thing to point out is whose record Kobe broke, and it was Havlicek.

Havlicek, by all accounts, had a similar career as Kobe.

Both of them were inefficient chuckers.

Both of them started off their careers coat-riding a dominant big man to multiple championships.

Both of them missed the playoffs in their primes without a dominant big man (69-70 for Havlicek, 04-05 for Kobe).

Both of them then won two more championships coat-riding another big man who did not get enough credit (Dave Cowens and MVPau).

Both of them were known to be defensive players due to their early career work, and then lived off of reputation for the rest of their careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scorers shoot the ball. A lot. They want the ball and they want to take charge of the game offensively. That is precisely what makes a great scorer who he is.
    it's not the eighties anymore buddy
    after 007 license to kill we have 6/24 license to shoot

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Scorers shoot the ball. A lot. They want the ball and they want to take charge of the game offensively. That is precisely what makes a great scorer who he is.
    Such a lame excuse, tbh.... you don't see DK, LeBron, Duncan, etc. setting all-time brick records

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol boozers instincts after passing the ball to the chucker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't shoot. And apparently 61% of the ones you do.
    The Kirby Stat. Based on % of misses.
    "Kirbs with a blistering 61%".

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Such a lame excuse, tbh.... you don't see DK, LeBron, Duncan, etc. setting all-time brick records
    Those players really have a much rounded game. Kobe's the type of player who takes joy in shooting the ball regardless if it goes in our out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not the eighties anymore buddy
    after 007 license to kill we have 6/24 license to shoot

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Those players really have a much rounded game. Kobe's the type of player who takes joy in shooting the ball regardless if it goes in our out.
    Now you're moving the goalposts. Josh Smith enjoys chucking up shots as well, does that make him a great scorer too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now you're moving the goalposts. Josh Smith enjoys chucking up shots as well, does that make him a great scorer too?
    Haven't seen him lead the league in scoring so, yeah, answer is no. But that's obvious. No?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True but bad comparison except DK who is also on that list ... i think 7 or 8 spots lower. Lebron and Duncan are great scorers but have never been volume scorers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meant at CN, not pimp ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...f-kobes-legacy

Kobe on already helping his minions with the excuses:

Yeah, all the ones where I've had to try to bail the team out at the end of the shot clock. Jesus Christ. It annoys the crap out of me [and] kills my FG percentage.
    Well, I'm a shooting guard that's played 19 years. Like I said, 'shooting' guard, 19th year.
    When asked about the record, Kobe was still finding ways to defend his inefficient chucking ways, so he lied.

Nah, I don't pay attention to that stuff, man.
    Of course, he can't be the ultimate Jordan copycat without dragging Jordan into this.

I remember when I was a kid and I watched Michael [Jordan] shoot 49 times in an NBA Finals game. Can you imagine if I did that -- and lost? Puts things in perspective.
    So he didn't know he was closing in on this monumental record, but he remembered that when he was a kid, Jordan shot 49 times in an NBA Finals game?

Really?

And of course, that never happened. Jordan once shot 43 shots in the Finals vs. the Suns, but then of course, the Bulls won the series.

Of all the Lakers games since the 1985-86 season, Kobe owns the top record of firing 47 shots in the loss vs Boston. The next 22 games for a Laker player with the most FGA all belonged to Kobe. Magic came in #24 with 36 FGA in a WIN vs. the Kings. Then there's another 6 Kobe games before Shaq comes in at #31 with a win over the Kings.

Of the top 100 games with the most FG attempts in a game by a Laker, Kobe owns 92 of those games (41.4ppg), Shaq 6 (43.3 ppg), Magic 1 (46 pts) and Cedric Ceballos 1 (50pts). For the ppg stats, keep in mind that Kobe dominated the top rankings. Ceballos finished #92 of those 100 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe on already helping his minions with the excuses:
    Nice truff bombs!

Anyway in this day and age to prove wrong by stats? His super lame:
    "Yeah, all the ones where I've had to try to bail the team out at the end of the shot clock."
    Of course it would be subjective. There are thousands of his shots where, yes they were taken during the last few seconds of the shot clock. But, he had 2 3 or even 4 teamates open so no way should that be put in the catagory of *bailed out at end of the clock*

All time piece of sh*t.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If Kobe went to collAge...I am pretty sure he would have gone to Ole Miss...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    1. 1 MVP in 19 seasons - GOAT! Next to MJ!
    2. 2 scoring les in 19 seasons - Greatest scorer has ever lived!
    3. Got his first finals MVP in 6 tries – Self carried the Lakers to Championships!
    4. Committed adultery by raping an underage girl - Role model to the kids!
    5. Records the most missed shots in season and playoffs – Greatest Laker ever!
    6. Missed playoffs & fight for 8th seed during his prime w/ superstar players – Best Athlete of all-time!
    7. Sued his own mother for his accomplishments – A great son and Family Man!
    8. Still lost when his Team is ahead 3 – 1 in the series – Tremendous Killer Instinct!
    9. 6/24 shooting in Game 7 finals - Best clutch player in history!
    10. Never averaged higher 50% FG shooting in season, playoffs, finals, olympics – Purest of the pure shooters!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got sick of all the media using this stat to antagonize Kobe, so here's my rebuttal.

A comparison of stats between the two greatest shooting guards in NBA history:

Michael Jordan's missed shots versus FGA in 15 seasons
    12345/24537

Kobe Bryant's missed shots versus FGA in 19 season
    13421/24542

On average, if Jordan missed 823 shots per season, in 19 seasons he would have missed: 15637 shots. Which is well over Kobe's record of 13421 missed shots, and that is a chasm over Havlicek's previous record.

Between Kobe and Jordan, Jordan would have missed 2216 more shots. I only say this because of the monstrous double standard the media has toward Kobe.

And I'm bracing for the fact that people will argue Kobe's first three years doesn't count because he came off the bench.

(missed/attempted)
    96'-97' - 246/422
    97'-98' - 522/913
    98'-99' - 417/779
    --------------------
    total: 1185/2114

Even if you subtract those three years, you're looking at:

12236/22428

So in 16 seasons
    Kobe Bryant - 12236 missed / 22428 fga

in 15 seasons
    Michael Jordan - 12345 missed / 24537 fga

So you tell me who was on track for setting the most missed field goal attempts in NBA history?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got sick of all the media using this stat to antagonize Kobe, so here's my rebuttal.

A comparison of stats between the two greatest shooting guards in NBA history:

Michael Jordan's missed shots versus FGA in 15 seasons
    12345/24537

Kobe Bryant's missed shots versus FGA in 19 season
    13421/24542

On average, if Jordan missed 823 shots per season, in 19 seasons he would have missed: 15637 shots. Which is well over Kobe's record of 13421 missed shots, and that is a chasm over Havlicek's previous record.

Between Kobe and Jordan, Jordan would have missed 2216 more shots. I only say this because of the monstrous double standard the media has toward Kobe.

And I'm bracing for the fact that people will argue Kobe's first three years doesn't count because he came off the bench.

(missed/attempted)
    96'-97' - 246/422
    97'-98' - 522/913
    98'-99' - 417/779
    --------------------
    total: 1185/2114

Even if you subtract those three years, you're looking at:

12236/22428

So in 16 seasons
    Kobe Bryant - 12236 missed / 22428 fga

in 15 seasons
    Michael Jordan - 12345 missed / 24537 fga

So you tell me who was on track for setting the most missed field goal attempts in NBA history?
    You're including last year (6 games) and this year (7 games) as entire seasons? Makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're including last year (6 games) and this year (7 games) as entire seasons? Makes sense.
    People on this board were talking as if he would be lucky to be a 20 ppg guy. Yeah, so his FG% is lower than usual, that'll go up. I have no doubt. And please leave the inefficient, non-team-ball stuff for those who buy it. He's been the same player all these years. He's not going to change. You want Tim Duncan or LBJ, go watch them for that. When all is said and done. When the hatred fades. When people go back and look at this era, Kobe will be legend, no one else will be. You bemoan his so-called inefficiency all you want. I'll marvel at what he is doing given the cir stances. Have fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When people go back and look at this era, Kobe will be legend, no one else will be. You bemoan his so-called inefficiency all you want. I'll marvel at what he is doing given the cir stances. Have fun.
    Can we get a Laker emblem put on the uniform of Kobe Krishna FkLA celebrating with fellow Kobe Krishna?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe 6-15 in the first half tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8-24

Thread Information