Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I know it's ed up but dude in the thumbnail looks like he's dropping the people's elbow from the top of a flaming WTC. Looks badass tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    I know it's ed up but dude in the thumbnail looks like he's dropping the people's elbow from the top of a flaming WTC. Looks badass tbh
    Savage as

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Outside of here, plenty of people put Zidane in the category of one of the greatest starting by Di Stefano "he is one of the best I've ever seen" or Beckenbauer "Zidane is one of the greatest players in history, a truly magnificent player."

I'd be curious btw that you describe your etc when making your list... if you have to list 10 names Zidane is in well before dudes like Tristiano or Platini (and god knows I love Platoch)

no particular order

Pele
    Diego
    Cruyff
    Beckenbauer
    Di Stefano
    Garrincha
    Missi
    Zidane
    Puskas
    Ronaldo

I don't see where he is not a top 10 I don't call a top 10 a kinda second tier star that sounds like good enough to make a top 50 unless you consider that first tier is only one for 2 players Diego and Pele and the rest is second tier star
    Zidane is one of the greatest ever but in the same way fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho are among the greatest ever: Trully top notch players but a tier below the true GOATS: Distefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Messi.

What do those 5 players have that no other player in history had? They were the undisputed best players of their eras for a long ass time.

Meanwhile, there's more than a reasonable argument to say that Zidane isn't even the best player in France (Platini) nor the best player of his generation (Ronaldo).

This whole GOAT thing is not even really an argument outside a few homer/haters, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Outside of here, plenty of people put Zidane in the category of one of the greatest starting by Di Stefano "he is one of the best I've ever seen" or Beckenbauer "Zidane is one of the greatest players in history, a truly magnificent player."

I'd be curious btw that you describe your etc when making your list... if you have to list 10 names Zidane is in well before dudes like Tristiano or Platini (and god knows I love Platoch)

no particular order

Pele
    Diego
    Cruyff
    Beckenbauer
    Di Stefano
    Garrincha
    Missi
    Zidane
    Puskas
    Ronaldo

I don't see where he is not a top 10 I don't call a top 10 a kinda second tier star that sounds like good enough to make a top 50 unless you consider that first tier is only one for 2 players Diego and Pele and the rest is second tier star
    There's football gods, then there's great players, tbh... when you start a convo about the greatest ever, you rarely start with Zidane, Tristiano or Platini... (and they're all great players).

If you're getting compared to Zidane, Tristiano or Platini, then you'll agree you're starting at the very least at the middle of your table? That's what I mean by 2nd tier. The top 5 or so are undisputed royalty, the football gods...

ie:
    Ronald Koeman: Lionel Messi better than Pele, Cruyff and Maradona
    Messi Is Better Than Maradona, But Maybe Not Pele
    Capello: Messi like Di Stefano, Pele & Maradona
    Beckenbauer: Messi is the best in the world but Pele's still the greatest
    Di Stefano: The best player ever? Pele. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both great players with specific qualities, but Pele was better

Nobody I know ever compared Zizou with the likes of Pele or Diegol, tbh... it's not a knock on Zizou, he was still a great player...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    you nono, my Avy wins

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Zidane is one of the greatest ever but in the same way fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho are among the greatest ever: Trully top notch players but a tier below the true GOATS: Distefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Messi.

What do those 5 players have that no other player in history had? They were the undisputed best players of their eras for a long ass time.

Meanwhile, there's more than a reasonable argument to say that Zidane isn't even the best player in France (Platini) nor the best player of his generation (Ronaldo).

This whole GOAT thing is not even really an argument outside a few homer/haters, tbh.
    first there is a world between Diego and Pele and the rest... where does this story about Messi being same tier as Cruyff and Di Stefano being same tier than Pele and Mardona come from ? an homer perspective I guess

there is no reasonable argument to say that Zidane is not the best player in France except for some homers like me who love Platoch... Ronaldo is surely in top 10 ever, having both just show quality of the so called generation... It exists a criteria saying you need to be the undisputable best of your generation to be up there ? ... terrible argument

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    There's football gods, then there's great players, tbh... when you start a convo about the greatest ever, you rarely start with Zidane, Tristiano or Platini... (and they're all great players).

If you're getting compared to Zidane, Tristiano or Platini, then you'll agree you're starting at the very least at the middle of your table? That's what I mean by 2nd tier. The top 5 or so are undisputed royalty, the football gods...

ie:
    Ronald Koeman: Lionel Messi better than Pele, Cruyff and Maradona
    Messi Is Better Than Maradona, But Maybe Not Pele
    Capello: Messi like Di Stefano, Pele & Maradona
    Beckenbauer: Messi is the best in the world but Pele's still the greatest
    Di Stefano: The best player ever? Pele. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both great players with specific qualities, but Pele was better

Nobody I know ever compared Zizou with the likes of Pele or Diegol, tbh... it's not a knock on Zizou, he was still a great player...
    I never compared Zidane with diego or pele

There are two gods: Pele and Diego then you have the rest but calling the rest second tier star is a bit wtf tbh

Not sure why you are comparing also Zidane with Platini or Tristiano... Zidane > Platini > Tristiano... they are not in same tier

The gods

Pele
    Diego

Greatests below gods

Cruyff

Beckenbauer
    Di Stefano
    Garrincha
    Missi
    Zidane
    Puskas
    Ronaldo

if you want to have some classification inside the below gods you can go like

Cruyff
    Beckenbauer
    Di Stefano
    Garrincha

Missi
    Zidane
    Puskas
    Ronaldo

that's some great "second tier stars" tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    first there is a world between Diego and Pele and the rest... where does this story about Messi being same tier as Cruyff and Di Stefano being same tier than Pele and Mardona come from ? an homer perspective I guess

there is no reasonable argument to say that Zidane is not the best player in France except for some homers like me who love Platoch... Ronaldo is surely in top 10 ever, having both just show quality of the so called generation... It exists a criteria saying you need to be the undisputable best of your generation to be up there ? ... terrible argument
    The only reason some folks can still claim Maradona > Messi is because of a 4 weeks span in the middle of 1986 in Mexico. After that Messi has Maradona beat at every ing thing. At club level and at the NT level too.

Messi is among the GOATs and is without a doubt a better player than Zidane ever was, by a considerable margin. If you want to keep living in an alternative world where it's somehow ok to think Zidane > Messi go ahead, but stop busting my balls with these re ed arguments because you make me dumber everytime you engage me in one of these. Thank you very much, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    The only reason some folks can still claim Maradona > Messi is because of a 4 weeks span in the middle of 1986 in Mexico. After that Messi has Maradona beat at every ing thing. At club level and at the NT level too.

Messi is among the GOATs and is without a doubt a better player than Zidane ever was, by a considerable margin. If you want to keep living in an alternative world where it's somehow ok to think Zidane > Messi go ahead, but stop busting my balls with these re ed arguments because you make me dumber everytime you engage me in one of these. Thank you very much, tbh.
    oh now I'm starting to busting your balls... If you want opinions identical to yours open a ing blog without a comment section and gtfo.

I'm not starting anything with you, Messi choked most important compe ion in the world and Diego during with this famous 4 weeks achieved more than Messi during all career.. that's life...

For the rest I did not say Zidane > Messi

For the rest put your fake arrogance in your ass

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I never compared Zidane with diego or pele
    That's exactly the point I was making. Some people in this thread did. It's ridiculous.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    oh now I'm starting to busting your balls... If you want opinions identical to yours open a ing blog without a comment section and gtfo.

I'm not starting anything with you, Messi choked most important compe ion in the world and Diego during with this famous 4 weeks achieved more than Messi during all career.. that's life...

For the rest I did not say Zidane > Messi

For the rest put your fake arrogance in your ass
    " You are beign arrogant on Spurstalk. You so meanie "

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    " You are beign arrogant on Spurstalk. You so meanie "
    stop having a different opinion than mine I don't like it I'm so superior

arrogant prick

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    That's exactly the point I was making. Some people in this thread did. It's ridiculous.
    not sure what we are arguing then

Diego and Pele >>>>>> Zidane and its not even close

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    stop having a different opinion than mine I don't like it I'm so superior

arrogant prick

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    not sure what we are arguing then

Diego and Pele >>>>>> Zidane and its not even close
    That's what I said. Zizou is a great player, but he doesn't stack up in the "greatest ever" convo... somebody said he does.

We can disagree whether Missi stacks up in that conversation or not (you don't think he does), but it's undeniable that's where the conversation is...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    That's what I said. Zizou is a great player, but he doesn't stack up in the "greatest ever" convo... somebody said he does.

We can disagree whether Missi stacks up in that conversation or not (you don't think he does), but it's undeniable that's where the conversation is...
    dat subtle tbh on your last sentence

the greatest convo ever is two gods, unless you are a re nobody compare to those two not Cruyff, not Zidane, not even Di Stefano.... but Zidane does stack up on the convo of the human beings considered greatest ever. There is no argument whatsoever to exclude him from that.

I'm a fan of Messi so this could be considered like an homer statement but Missi despite his short comings with NT is also of course in the middle of this pack
    Last edited by Brazil; 09-16-2015 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    don't question me !! Missi is better than Diego and Pele and >>>> Zidane don't start busting my balls I'm so much clever than you

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    dat subtle tbh on your last sentence

the greatest convo ever is two gods, unless you are a re nobody compare to those two not Cruyff, not Zidane, not even Di Stefano.... but Zidane does stack up on the convo of the human beings considered greatest ever. There is no argument whatsoever to exclude him from that.

I'm a fan of Messi so this could be considered like an homer statement but Missi despite his short comings with NT is also of course in the middle of this pack
    #1 Diego (the cokehead version), #2 Pele, #3 Missi, #4 Di Stefano, IMO... and I'm giving a lot of love to Pele, tbh, despite claims he was a pedophile...

Missi obviously is still playing, so he can still move up or down...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    #1 Diego (the cokehead version), #2 Pele, #3 Missi, #4 Di Stefano, IMO... and I'm giving a lot of love to Pele, tbh, despite claims he was a pedophile...

Missi obviously is still playing, so he can still move up or down...
    Only argentinean put Diego ahead of pele but why not

i can't agree with missi 3 tho but you already knew that...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Only argentinean put Diego ahead of pele but why not

i can't agree with missi 3 tho but you already knew that...
    tbh, I didn't watch Pele... it's hard for me to rank him, or Di Stefano... I have no doubts they were godly good... the only thing I would question is the quality of compe ion, tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    tbh, I didn't watch Pele... it's hard for me to rank him, or Di Stefano... I have no doubts they were godly good... the only thing I would question is the quality of compe ion, tbh
    I'm a huge Diego fan so I'm definitely biased but those who saw both play are largely putting pele ahead. I've seen recently a lot of pele footage... I think it's a youngster stuff to say it's kinda overrated but fact is dude was a beast... Best ever ? Second best ? I don't know but he was something else tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I cant decide between Pele or Diego.... But I'm biased, so Diego

Pele won WC's with stacked teams. Im not taking anything away from his talent and his football IQ was off the charts. The 1970 WC was his Chef d'Oeuvre. Should have scored an amazing lob... and how the did he miss that empty net after the greatest body fake ever?

I often argue with my Dad, who is a huge Pele fan

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I cant decide between Pele or Diego.... But I'm biased, so Diego
    Maradona would never lose to Getafe

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Maradona would never lose to Getafe
    Not sure

Getafe would be his Kryptonite (besides cocaine)

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Not sure

Getafe would be his Kryptonite (besides cocaine)
    Well Getafe doesn't involve cocaine in their scientific nutrition and training methods, so you have a great point.

Thread Information