Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    I know that MJ was a compulsive gambler, but I still don't see how that had anything to do with his father being murdered. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't his father killed by two teenagers who were attempting to rob him? They didn't kill him because of a gambling debt. Even if MJ or his father owed a gambling debt I'm pretty sure MJ could have paid it off easily. I honestly don't know too much about the cir stances surrounding James Jordan Sr's death, but I know there's a bunch of people on this forum that call MJ "Dad Killer". Perhaps, you guys can clarify what MJ had to do with his Father's murder?

MJ discussing Father's death (33:40 mark)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look up blood sacrifice and solstice sacrifice and decide if you want to believe in it or not. Sacrificing your soul, or sacrificing a family member or close friend for fame. At least, thats how I interpreted dad killer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clipper Nation always uses that term to describe Jordan. Maybe he can chime in on the matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some kids think it can propel lebron to GOAT status.

Thats all that needs to be said "tbh.."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem grasping for straws to take shots at the goat mj

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clipper Nation always uses that term to describe Jordan. Maybe he can chime in on the matter.
    He does it because Harlem does it tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a good Jordan bio book out there that discusses his relationship with his father. The book just recently came out and is by the author Roland Lazenby. If you read the book you will get the picture of Jordan's dad being a stereotypical . His dad was a compulsive gamble,adulterer, and was straight up lazy living off of MJ's money. There is a part in the book that discusses how James Jordan owned a percentage of flight 23 but MJ forced him to sell his share once he found out he had taken all the money and had committed tax fraud. Despite all of that MJ still gave his dad money whenever he needed it hence the term dad killer is re ed. Even if the rumor is true that MJ's gambling was responsible for his dad's death I won't hold it against himself since his dad from the accounts of the book wasn't a good guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan got him killed because he looks like him

Nobody is allowed to look like Michael

That's how compe ive he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Lebron fan boys call him that tbh. His father's death obviously had nothing to do MJ's gambling problem. He gave his father so much money it's ridiculous, even when MJ Sr. threw most of it away on gambling and booze. Just something for MJ haters to try and hang on to tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron did it for the kids

Jordan didn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does it because Harlem does it tbh.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem grasping for straws to take shots at the goat mj

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Look up blood sacrifice and solstice sacrifice and decide if you want to believe in it or not. Sacrificing your soul, or sacrificing a family member or close friend for fame. At least, thats how I interpreted dad killer
    This sounds like something you'd see in an African movie or something

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is 2/5 talking... Lebeta being a better human being won't suddenly elevate to GOAT status.

Lebeta riders like harlem and the can't say much about MJ's accomplishments on the court that's why they constantly resort to personal attacks like dad killer, degenerate gambler and MJ is mean to people like that will do anything to MJ's basketball legacy.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This is 2/5 talking... Lebeta being a better human being won't suddenly elevate to GOAT status.

Lebeta riders like harlem and the can't say much about MJ's accomplishments on the court that's why they constantly resort to personal attacks like dad killer, degenerate gambler and MJ is mean to people like that will do anything to MJ's basketball legacy.
    I thought Harlem changed his view on lebron James after signing with Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair Mike's legacy was built on very favorable treatment by Stern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a good Jordan bio book out there that discusses his relationship with his father. The book just recently came out and is by the author Roland Lazenby. If you read the book you will get the picture of Jordan's dad being a stereotypical . His dad was a compulsive gamble,adulterer, and was straight up lazy living off of MJ's money. There is a part in the book that discusses how James Jordan owned a percentage of flight 23 but MJ forced him to sell his share once he found out he had taken all the money and had committed tax fraud. Despite all of that MJ still gave his dad money whenever he needed it hence the term dad killer is re ed. Even if the rumor is true that MJ's gambling was responsible for his dad's death I won't hold it against himself since his dad from the accounts of the book wasn't a good guy.
    I can see why Mike would have wanted to kill his dad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is actually pretty good, lefty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its just lebron fanboys like zipper nation and harlemheat/malik hairston that do anything to throw on MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol why hasnt messi done the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    s get killed everyday in the street. the teenagers who killed MJ's dad probably had no idea that his son was MJ tbh.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its just lebron fanboys like zipper nation and harlemheat/malik hairston that do anything to throw on MJ
    Because it totally wasn't Celtics fans that started the whole thing back in the 90's. Quit embarrassing yourself you ing got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it totally wasn't Celtics fans that started the whole thing back in the 90's. Quit embarrassing yourself you ing got.
    idgaf. this is in the context of ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GOAT

Thread Information