Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103
Results 2,551 to 2,557 of 2557
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also, did Marvel just low key confirm that an F4 movie will follow GotG V3?

Edit: This would mean F4 before Blade... kinda weird since they've announced the movie it's lead actor for a good while now. This might mean that Marvel already has a handshake agreement with their preferred actors for F4.
    Blade is apparently coming out in October 2022, Fantastic 4 seems likely for July 2023. They are still early in development for that to change so that's probably why they haven't confirmed the dates.

What if Killmonger and Shuri both take up the mantle? Michael B didn’t confirm or deny he was returning which means he is and sense his role won’t be small
    There has been reports that The Brigerton guy is reportedly going to play Kasper Cole (The second Black Panther). Until then, I see the Dora Milaje, Shuri, and M'Baku sharing the hero role.

I would definitely prefer a redemption arc for Killmonger storyline. But it looks like they're gonna move ahead with Shuri taking on the BP mantle.
    I would prefer that too but it would be an abrupt about face. They could say that Shuri saved his life and he helped protect Wakanda during the snap. Why wasn't he at the Thanos battle then? I still think Kasper Cole will be the Next BP with Shuri taking the mantle down the road.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just look at falcon, they did nothing to flesh out his hesitancy for taking the mantle, it was an acknowledged issue for like maybe 30 minutes of the show. All of it ended in a "captain america speech" which was way too long. in terms of character development walker, bucky, zemo, and old black guy had better arcs and story telling in far less time.

Bucky's character development actually was pretty lacking, they did a good good job with Zemo, Sharon, and Bradley in limited time. I thought they did a solid job with Sam, expanding on his "It doesn't feel like its mine" line in Endgame.

They explain that He left N.O because he wanted to prove himself and prove White people wrong. He joined the military where he began doing solo flights with the wings. He gets out and ends up leading a group to help soldiers recovering from PTSD. He later meets Cap and becomes Falcon in TWS. I think he wanted to pave his own way and make his own name rather than having to live up to Rodgers when he knows that he can't.

Meeting Bradley suddenly makes him not only reinforces his decision but makes him doubt whether there should even be a captain America. The second meeting, after he regains the shield, makes him second-guess taking up the mantle after he seemed willing too after the -show of Walker.

The boat story-line was about preserving legacy, he fights for the boat even when its easier to let it go. He realizes that its too easy to let all of the negative history surrounding the shield dissuade him and that he rather fight to restore the legacy even though millions won't accept him. The same reason why he left for the military is the same reason why he became Captain America. As far as story-telling goes, I think that's pretty good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why would she be finished?

Just looks like they're including Kamala and Monica.

Not defending her acting or her character as currently written....
    Yeah, and they may include Blue Marvel too. Kinda makes more sense to call it The Marvels as opposed to Captain Marvel 2. Still kinda surprised that went away from the traditional series names though

shh just let me troll

Monica's character is pretty dry imo, but seems I'm in the minority there.
    She is a bit bland, ironically, she was a lot more interesting as Geraldine. They need to do a better job writing Carol and Monica and not making them too over-serious.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bucky's character development actually was pretty lacking, they did a good good job with Zemo, Sharon, and Bradley in limited time. I thought they did a solid job with Sam, expanding on his "It doesn't feel like its mine" line in Endgame.

They explain that He left N.O because he wanted to prove himself and prove White people wrong. He joined the military where he began doing solo flights with the wings. He gets out and ends up leading a group to help soldiers recovering from PTSD. He later meets Cap and becomes Falcon in TWS. I think he wanted to pave his own way and make his own name rather than having to live up to Rodgers when he knows that he can't.

Meeting Bradley suddenly makes him not only reinforces his decision but makes him doubt whether there should even be a captain America. The second meeting, after he regains the shield, makes him second-guess taking up the mantle after he seemed willing too after the -show of Walker.

The boat story-line was about preserving legacy, he fights for the boat even when its easier to let it go. He realizes that its too easy to let all of the negative history surrounding the shield dissuade him and that he rather fight to restore the legacy even though millions won't accept him. The same reason why he left for the military is the same reason why he became Captain America. As far as story-telling goes, I think that's pretty good.
    He didn't do solo flights Riley getting shot down is why he dropped out of the military. If they wanted to make a story line about preserving legacy that was the whole point of the shield and who carries it, even though it's a different shield, didn't need a boat for that. The boat was filler and not needed. I don't even think the shield has negative history I don't know what you mean when you say that, even in the comics Bradley recognized it for it's power as a symbol he gets arrested for putting it on. His entire family arc was a waste

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He didn't do solo flights Riley getting shot down is why he dropped out of the military. If they wanted to make a story line about preserving legacy that was the whole point of the shield and who carries it, even though it's a different shield, didn't need a boat for that. The boat was filler and not needed. I don't even think the shield has negative history I don't know what you mean when you say that, even in the comics Bradley recognized it for it's power as a symbol he gets arrested for putting it on. His entire family arc was a waste
    I forgot about Riley, though I don't think they ever said that's why he left the military. That's a bit obvious. Its not entirely about the actual shield, it's about what it represents. Captain America was created as a super-soldier to fight against the Nazi's and the Red Skull. He used that shield and it became an iconic symbol--as did the mantel of Captain America--, it doesn't matter if that isn't technically the same shield, even though it kinda is considering that Cap probably jacked it from another timeline.

After Rodgers was believed to have died the government tried to recreate the serum, and by extension another Captain America, by experimenting on black soldiers. Some soldiers got captured and Bradley broke out and rescued them but was tossed in prison for 30 years and experimented on for doing the exact same thing that Rodgers did.

After Sam was given the shield and he decided to give it up and put it in a museum, with the government's encouragement, they then immediate decided to take it out and give it to some white guy. It supports Bradley's belief that they'd never let a black man be Captain America and that the government sees black people as disposable and less than because they were willing experiment on them in the first place.

Technically, the only reason why Sam became Captain America was because Bucky and Sam took it from him and it seems like Walker never told the government who had it. Also, they couldn't just take it back because they don't technically own it. We can't go off the comic's, in the show Bradley doesn't even want to look at the shield because he's disgusted my it.

The boat wasn't filler, it fits his storyline pretty well. It shows his stubbornness to hold onto tradition and the importance of legacy to him. He gave up the shield to preserve its legacy. Upon meeting Bradley, his world view changes and he suddenly believes that the shields may not be worth preserving because of what it represents and what it upholds. After his second meeting, he become pessimistic about becoming Captain America after taking the shield from Walker.

Time passes, and he gets more time to reflect on what it would mean to be a black Captain America while working on the boat with Bucky. As they repair the boat, their repairing its legacy. He decides that he can repair the legacy of the mantle and the shield by taking them up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I forgot about Riley, though I don't think they ever said that's why he left the military. That's a bit obvious. Its not entirely about the actual shield, it's about what it represents. Captain America was created as a super-soldier to fight against the Nazi's and the Red Skull. He used that shield and it became an iconic symbol--as did the mantel of Captain America--, it doesn't matter if that isn't technically the same shield, even though it kinda is considering that Cap probably jacked it from another timeline.

After Rodgers was believed to have died the government tried to recreate the serum, and by extension another Captain America, by experimenting on black soldiers. Some soldiers got captured and Bradley broke out and rescued them but was tossed in prison for 30 years and experimented on for doing the exact same thing that Rodgers did.

After Sam was given the shield and he decided to give it up and put it in a museum, with the government's encouragement, they then immediate decided to take it out and give it to some white guy. It supports Bradley's belief that they'd never let a black man be Captain America and that the government sees black people as disposable and less than because they were willing experiment on them in the first place.

Technically, the only reason why Sam became Captain America was because Bucky and Sam took it from him and it seems like Walker never told the government who had it. Also, they couldn't just take it back because they don't technically own it. We can't go off the comic's, in the show Bradley doesn't even want to look at the shield because he's disgusted my it.

The boat wasn't filler, it fits his storyline pretty well. It shows his stubbornness to hold onto tradition and the importance of legacy to him. He gave up the shield to preserve its legacy. Upon meeting Bradley, his world view changes and he suddenly believes that the shields may not be worth preserving because of what it represents and what it upholds. After his second meeting, he become pessimistic about becoming Captain America after taking the shield from Walker.

Time passes, and he gets more time to reflect on what it would mean to be a black Captain America while working on the boat with Bucky. As they repair the boat, their repairing its legacy. He decides that he can repair the legacy of the mantle and the shield by taking them up.
    Yes he absolutely says why he left, and no in the comics Bradley does the same thing but gets jailed for putting on cap's uni when he saves the other super soldiers. Thats how he became black captain america

That doesn't make any sense there's no need to repair the legacy of the mantle or the shield.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes he absolutely says why he left, and no in the comics Bradley does the same thing but gets jailed for putting on cap's uni when he saves the other super soldiers. Thats how he became black captain america

That doesn't make any sense there's no need to repair the legacy of the mantle or the shield.
    Its not relevant what happens in the comics if the shows does something different. In the show he didn't get jailed for putting on the uni, he got jailed for disobeying orders. He literary did the same thing that Rodgers did but was severely punished while Rodgers was rewarded.

The mantle and shield's legacy was damaged in the eyes of Sam, the hand-picked successor to Rodgers, when he found out about Bradley's story. It was damaged internationally with the actions of Walker. Torez even said that what Walker did was "Like a really big deal". With dozens of people filming, it also likely went viral and caused it to spread further faster.

Thread Information