Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm more surprised at how many people liked Michael B in the movie. I thought he was terrible and I thought his character was like a 70s television one dimensional bad guy.
    Definitely disagree on that point, found Killmonger's character to be among the best written villain's in the the MCU.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm in on XMen 97. Here's hoping they keep it '97. That's peak Xmen right there
    Personally think Wolverine and the X-Men is the best of the three main X-Men cartoon's but that's just me. Hoping that this means that Marvel is finally going to do a MAU (Marvel animated universe) that is separate from the MCU and hopefully closer to the comics. That's the only thing DC has on Marvel.

It's not a terrible movie by any means, it's just average. Which in itself is a disappointment because the expectations were higher given the quality of director and talent attached to this ip.

Spoilers ahead.

Cons -

Ikaris and Sersi just never clicked. They had no chemistry whatsoever. This is pretty big considering how important their relationship is to the plot.

Dane and Sersi were slightly better but still...

I'd lay the blame here on Gemma Chan, her acting left much to be desired.

Same goes but Salma Hayek, but fwiw her role was comparatively minor.

Too many characters introduced in one movie. They tried their best but it is a bit bloated.

Not enough action. You'd think this would help because it'd mean more time to flesh out the characters, but no.

Pros -

Druig and Makkari - The chemistry was off the charts. It's easy to see why they are fan favorites.

The humor is toned down. Not every other line is a quip from the entire cast.

The final action sequence - Ikaris vs Makkari and Phastos vs Ikaris was fantastic.

The philosophical question posed by the plot was fascinating as well and very well handled I thought. Especially, Kingo's stance on it.

Mostly agree tbh.

Some thoughts:

-I didn't hate Chan's performance, though she had no personality/ charisma.

-Really liked Ikaris's character and the twist, I thought that kept the movie from being a basic MCU movie

-The comedy was toned done, though I thought the attempts at comedy weren't that great.

-Thought Jolie was really good, and her character popped. Definitely want to see more of that character.

-Definitely not a bottom 5 marvel movie for me. Thor 1, 2, CM, AOU, and Ant-Man 1 and 2 are worse.

-Gonna be hard for Marvel to ignore the fallout from this movie in movies that follow it in the timeline. A giant head floating in the ocean and billions of people seeing a giant alien are hard to ignore.

-Really interested to see what they do next, they started with 10 and now have 6 remaining. Like the idea of Marvel having trilogy franchise with each movie having a mostly rotating cast. Apparently, there's like 25 Eternals from comics that they can choose from.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm more surprised at how many people liked Michael B in the movie. I thought he was terrible and I thought his character was like a 70s television one dimensional bad guy.
    mcu had just 2 good villains. Thanos until Endgame and Loki, mostly in Avengers. Everyone else was pretty mediocre or just , like the Antman 2 or Cap Marvel villains.... Oh, Vulture was also pretty good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    mcu had just 2 good villains. Thanos until Endgame and Loki, mostly in Avengers. Everyone else was pretty mediocre or just , like the Antman 2 or Cap Marvel villains.... Oh, Vulture was also pretty good.
    Yeah Michael Keaton was fantastic as Vulture and it was a great villain where his being a bad guy made some sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Obadiah was a sneaky good villain too

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Looks like they wont be showing tobey and adrew in their trailers.... anyway, that trailer was a giant cgi fest. Its fine, but i dont really think its that great.
    Oh and someone already noticed that in a shot with electro, sandman and the lizard there should be the other two spidermen, but they were cut out of the trailer. The background also looks like the one we got from the leaks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Electro comic accurate look tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So Doc Oc, Green Goblin, Electro, Lizard, Sandman... and who else? Are Michael Keaton's Vulture or Tom Hardy's Venom in this? I'm assuming they're doing some version of the sinister six.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks like they wont be showing tobey and adrew in their trailers.... anyway, that trailer was a giant cgi fest. Its fine, but i dont really think its that great.
    Oh and someone already noticed that in a shot with electro, sandman and the lizard there should be the other two spidermen, but they were cut out of the trailer. The background also looks like the one we got from the leaks.
    Also that Spidey hand that's catching MJ at the end is almost certainly not Tom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Also that Spidey hand that's catching MJ at the end is almost certainly not Tom.
    It's Miles!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I thought the trailer was great.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't get how yall watch MCU spoilers, err trailers. It takes away so much of the impact imo. Occasionally they'll have a non spoiler trailer but not worth the risk imo.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    after endgame i'm basically in it for spiderman movies and that's it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The next Dr Strange and Thor movies should be great too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think its Gardfield’s Spiderman, couldn’t save Gwen so he kinda redeems himself

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't get how yall watch MCU spoilers, err trailers. It takes away so much of the impact imo. Occasionally they'll have a non spoiler trailer but not worth the risk imo.
    I don't really care about spoilers, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah and in the brazilian version of the trailer, theres a shot of lizard getting punched or kicked in the face, but its clear whoever hit him was edited out lol

EDIT: here it is

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    same, i kinda lost interest lol

although im still interested to see thor and gotg, but the rest dont really matter to me rn. but that could change

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually don't think that's been the case with Marvel tbh. They're known to have fake scenes in the trailers and often take most of the trailer scenes from the first 20 minutes of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    mcu is pretty repe ive at this point, but shang chi had a nice change where he'd just shrug instead of saying some stupid one liner

def better than the cowboy bebop live action, luckily isn't still at that horrible quality

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    just watched Black Widow. pretty forgettable movie. no real explanation for how taskmaster acquired said ability. and the quips between sisters seemed really forced. and there was no purpose to the red guardian guy except for comic relief, right? like, he did next to nothing to advance the plot

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just watched Black Widow. pretty forgettable movie. no real explanation for how taskmaster acquired said ability. and the quips between sisters seemed really forced. and there was no purpose to the red guardian guy except for comic relief, right? like, he did next to nothing to advance the plot
    Agreed about the sister dialogue.
    The red guardian overall was a shame IMO bc he was the one who was naturally funny, and had the most interesting back story.
    The explosion scene of the girl getting thrown back was impossible not to laugh at, given the thorough memeing it got.

prob watch Wang Chung and the golden arrows tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Looking forward to Hawkeye, especially since it seems to be influenced by Matt Fraction’s comic series (good stuff tbh)

BRO

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shang Chi was surprisingly dope! Was Crouching Tiger Jackie Chan action meets MCU. Best choreography since Winter Soldier, arguably better. A little slow towards the end. Pretty solid overall movie. The protagonist was very likeable imo.

How the is Venom 2 still in theaters I missed out on Last Night in Soho bc so many theaters still have crap filling the screens

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looking forward to Hawkeye, especially since it seems to be influenced by Matt Fraction’s comic series (good stuff tbh)

BRO
    After the Black Widow post credits I'm worried Widow Sister gonna be the antagonist. She got annoying lol

Thread Information