Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    - Dr Strange should not trust Wanda, as he knows there is witchcraft going on and she is the only witch he knows about. He also knows about Westview, so he's too smart to know she is not to be trusted. But ok, cause Wanda would find America Chavez either way, even if Strange did not tell Wanda where they are keeping her.

- NY was just under attack, there a people dead and a part of the city is destroyed, by a giant octopus. I am sure Nick Fury should know about this. They were pretty informed about whats going on in the world when Mysterio was going around, so them not being on top of things in NY should not be possible. Also, Strange making a joke about ''the Mohawk archer'', was pretty stupid to me, cause Clint was actually a friend of Wanda, and would actually be a great edition to help... Also, doesnt Fury have a direct link with Captain Marvel? This is not just a universe danger, like Thanos, this is multiverse. Everyone should be informed.... I also know the real reason why they are not in the movie, as it would just be another Avengers movie, but idk, perhaps make America come into the universe and immediately go into another with strange before anyone would notice.

- Wanda's kids are not real. Kids from another Wanda in another reality are real. Also, Wanda should know what would happen if she tries to replace those kids real mother. Did she really have to see the kids cry for their real mother to see what she's doing is ed up.

I also have a question, cause i can see you're pretty good with the MCU stuff. When Wanda is trapped in the mirror dimension, how does she get out? Wasnt it said in Strange 1, that if u're trapped in there u can't get out without the sling ring. I don't remember this.

Oh and i forgot to say this, but i do not like the ending where all it takes for America to control her power is a motivation speech. Really? No other Strange told her, to believe in herself... That was pretty stupid to me. I'd rather see her realize that on her own, while Wanda is killing Strange and Wong, or even somehow get to her mothers and then that would just make her snap....

So yea, the movie is entertaining and some scenes look nice, but i really think the writing since Civil War has been below average, and thats why i am disappointed, cause I know they can do it, but i guess they rather just put out generic movies.
    -There's zero reason to suspect it was her, just because she's the only witch he knows. While she did do Westview, she did correct her mistake but its a big leap to think that he'd suspect her of using the darkside to send a monster to capture and kill a kid so she could find her kids. We know that but he didn't.

-Fury is off-world and has been for a while. Captain Marvel is also off-world. Clint was in retirement in Iowa and the events of the movie happened very quickly. Kamar-Taj is in Tibet He had to go there to head off her attack. One of things Marvel does really well is find ways for movies to fit into pockets in time, none of the Avengers could've otherwise helped him--well Wanda, but you know.

-They are real, she subconsciously based them on off dreams that she had, and created them. if she can alter reality then they exist. Problem is that its hard to keep up, In Wanda-Vison Monica said that they're actually real, of course once she let go of the hex, they went away. That's why she try to go/pull her kids out of the other reality. Fair, she should've realized what was going to happen but the Dark Side corrupts and she had a singular focus on reuniting with her kids. Blinders on tbh.

-Wanda can literally rewrite reality, she turned the mirrors into water so that she could essentially slipped through them. She has unprecedented power so that's usually true but she's not just some sorcerer. A mirror dimension can't stop her forever.

-Agree 100% that's kinda dumb America realizing that for herself would've made for a better character moment not a generic "it was always in you" moment.

-I actually disagree pretty strongly. There were some clunkers post Civil War but most have been great tbh. Infinity War, No Way Home, Wanda-Vision, Shang Chi, Loki, and Moon Knight are all great. A few middling and then Black Widow, the Eternal, Hawkeye weren't great.

These projects mostly hit, and the ones that don't like Eternals were at least trying to do something different. MoM isn't perfect but also tried to do something different. They aren't going to bat .1000 but they're still nailing most of these.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    I finished Moon Knight and holy crap, the MCU is dead. That was godawful. I stuck through it thinking at some point it would get good, but nope The ending felt so rushed, with zero idea how to tell a coherent story. I can’t believe I wasted all that time on some of the worst television ever put into existence.

But congrats to Oscar Isaac & Ethan Hawke for securing that bag they gotta know the Marvel spigot is running dry soon.
    Last edited by Thanos; 05-13-2022 at 07:36 PM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Next time whe the multiverse is at stake how about bringing in the avengers...
    Im sure this is a great movie for little kids that dont have brains to think, but if u do think about it, its horrible. Probably just as bad as Endgame.
    Visuals, acting and music is very good, but it doesnt help if the story is a 1/10.
    Also cant believe how Strange was pretty ok with Wanda imprisoning a whole town, just cause he knew, she gonna do the right thing in the end.. lol no, lock the up, you dumb .
    And if u miss those kids that are not real, how about just get a date and get ed, instead of being such a poblem.
    Theres also a lot of "wow they made wanda a villain" comments i saw. Looks like lots of people didnt watch wandavision then, cause if u watch that and dont think of her as a giant villain, you re ing re ed.

btw, i think the movie is entertaining and probably should be watched in imax... but i just do not like the story at all.
    Lololol yeah I'm with you on a lot of this. I don't watch any trailers etc but was pretty obv Wanda was going to be the villain.

I enjoyed the movie and had fun. Raimi doing Raimi things was a very nice touch as Trainwreck said. The 40 minutes of it being a horror monster movie was crazy fun, wish it could been more.

I liked Wanda losing her but ya losing it over two fake kids is hard to take seriously as a big deal when thy stakes in previous movies have been so much higher.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Imagine if Wanda only found an universe where her other self is dead and just went there.

she could also found one where Vision and her brother are alive... you know the 2 people she cared the most about, but doesnt mention them in this movie. he he he
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 05-15-2022 at 07:50 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was actually a little disappointed they didn’t have a variant Tony Stark/Iron Man with the Illuminati. It would have been nice to know another version exists and that it isn’t a female variation. I also felt like that group was defeated way too quickly. Kind of disrespectful to Professor X.

The movies after End Game feel very disjointed. At least the Infinity Stones gave us a common thread. I suppose it’s the Multiverse now but that seems like it can create too many plot holes.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was actually a little disappointed they didn’t have a variant Tony Stark/Iron Man with the Illuminati. It would have been nice to know another version exists and that it isn’t a female variation. I also felt like that group was defeated way too quickly. Kind of disrespectful to Professor X.

The movies after End Game feel very disjointed. At least the Infinity Stones gave us a common thread. I suppose it’s the Multiverse now but that seems like it can create too many plot holes.
    The first few phases of the Infinity Saga took years to develop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Imagine if Wanda only found an universe where her other self is dead and just went there.

she could also found one where Vision and her brother are alive... you know the 2 people she cared the most about, but doesnt mention them in this movie. he he he
    Wouldn't work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trill...humor me with an experiment if you will.Close your eyes. You're on a dirt road...not sure the exact location but definitely Delta country. You hear some rushing water in the distance. Birds chirping. Sun warming your back. Feels good doesn't it. Simpler times...just heading down to the store for an RC. All of a sudden you hear loud voices approaching very quickly. "Get em." "Let's hang em high." You feel someone run past you, panting, you feel his terror. You feel the mob getting closer. Open your eyes. You're standing in front of about 20 Koreans. You turn around and see a man dressed in a Barney costume running away down the road. You're about to ask what's going on.

Before you can get a word out, you hear a whooshing noise from above. You look up just in time to see a black man falling from the sky and landing on top of you. As you breathe your last breath, a loaded parachute pack slams down on the ground a few feet away. You die happy. Another record for your brothers. Also, a werewolf is pulling your pants down so he can eat your privates.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Trill...humor me with an experiment if you will.Close your eyes. You're on a dirt road...not sure the exact location but definitely Delta country. You hear some rushing water in the distance. Birds chirping. Sun warming your back. Feels good doesn't it. Simpler times...just heading down to the store for an RC. All of a sudden you hear loud voices approaching very quickly. "Get em." "Let's hang em high." You feel someone run past you, panting, you feel his terror. You feel the mob getting closer. Open your eyes. You're standing in front of about 20 Koreans. You turn around and see a man dressed in a Barney costume running away down the road. You're about to ask what's going on.

Before you can get a word out, you hear a whooshing noise from above. You look up just in time to see a black man falling from the sky and landing on top of you. As you breathe your last breath, a loaded parachute pack slams down on the ground a few feet away. You die happy. Another record for your brothers. Also, a werewolf is pulling your pants down so he can eat your privates.
    Oh snap a CTOA scenario! Been a while since I read on of these. Why do I have to die tho?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh snap a CTOA scenario! Been a while since I read on of these. Why do I have to die tho?
    LOL. IDK. I was looking for a different post and stumbled upon this a few days ago. I just copied and pasted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trill...humor me with an experiment if you will. Close your eyes. You've just had a werewolf eat your privates. You hear him run away howling. Surprisingly, there isn't as much pain as you'd have thought. Maybe it's shock you think. One thing you know...you gotta get to the doctor. DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES. As you run down the dirt road, you smell death mingled with...is that Lavender? You hear the sound of hoof beats getting closer. Could these be friends or foes? You're bleeding out. Your mind is shutting down. You fall to the ground and slowly open your eyes. DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES. You see a blurry image of a person standing over you. You hear them laugh. Wait...is that a girl? Your vision starts to clear up. Wait...is that Miley Cyrus? You try to smile with what's left of your rotten teeth. "Now", you hear the person say. You scream in pain as a horse is ing you in your butt.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 05-16-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    just watched MoM. thought it was fine. i didnt think it stood out as far as being a high end marvel movie. but it wasnt bad. i thought no way home was much better, but no complaints. i enjoyed the movie the full way through. also was the first time i had seen a movie in theaters for a long time. last one was probably Joker

i did think the deaths were more gruesome than you typically see in marvel stuff, but i didnt really buy it as a "horror" movie or all the "omg i cant believe this evaded an R rating" stuff.

i generally am a fan of the direction of some of the characters though. wanda basically going dark phoenix. now strange with the eye opens up some interesting doors. like the characters having a little more depth than "benevolent super hero"

i still havent gotten around to seeing Eternals

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Nice "it wasn't your fault" touch getting Anson Mount to play Black Bolt again. The movie wasn't as nuts as the set up suggested but I guess that's the limitation of a feature film. Good luck to DC making anything coherent out of Flashpoint in two hours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I maintain that "Anything Everywhere All At Once" did a much better job with the multiverse on 1/10th the budget

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I maintain that "Anything Everywhere All At Once" did a much better job with the multiverse on 1/10th the budget
    if ''Anything Everywhere All At Once'' was an mcu movie, it would be the best mcu movie. Just shows u that u dont need a giant budget to make a multiverse movie, but marvel will never do it, cause their directors don't even direct stuff. Thats why its mostly generic looking written by a computer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Finally watching DS2 yesterday in theater

I’ve done a great job avoiding spoilers phew

Apparently its on Disney Plus too
    Had I known that I would have watched it at home, there are always some clowns talking during the whole movie

But the movie did look good in 3D

Btw, Krasinski is the proof that fan casting is dumb.
    He wasn’t convincing at all as Reed Richards.
    Hopefully they cast a better actor for the main universe’s Richards
    Last edited by lefty; 06-22-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Had I known that I would have watched it at home, there are always some clowns talking during the whole movie

krasinski definitely didnt stand out in any way other than "oh they brought in krasinski"

then again his role didnt really call for that much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished re-watching DS: MOM definitely better after realizing that the whole reason Dr. Strange " had to be the one holding the knife" because he felt helpless after not being able to save his sister. America represents his sister and by giving up control, he was able to save her and stop Wanda. Pretty good.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

iirc Krasinski wasn’t even on set, he did everything in front of green screens during reshoots, and was added in post.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    nice to see they are still making Thor a complete joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    nice to see they are still making Thor a complete joke.
    funny thor >>>> brooding serious thor

not close

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    funny thor >>>> brooding serious thor

not close
    i hope u also prefer the stupid re ed one, cause thats what u re getting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i hope u also prefer the stupid re ed one, cause thats what u re getting.
    as long as the movie is entertaining

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    1st look at Namor in Black Panther 2

Thread Information