Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It wasn't my favorite at the time either but I feel like it is better than anything else they've put out in the past 2 to 3 years. It also moved the story forward and still had the core Avengers team together. Now we'll just be getting Avengers B team and it'll most likely suck. Time to move on from the Avengers IMO altogether.
    There is always an audience

People who grew up reading the Young Avengers will watch those movies TV shows

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It wasn't my favorite at the time either but I feel like it is better than anything else they've put out in the past 2 to 3 years. It also moved the story forward and still had the core Avengers team together. Now we'll just be getting Avengers B team and it'll most likely suck. Time to move on from the Avengers IMO altogether.
    I was pretty disappointed with Age of Ultron. I thought the character was way better in 30 mins of a What If... tbh. I liked the new Strange, Shang Chi, Wakanda Forever, and No Way Home a lot more than AoU but to each their own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Infinity saga movies have been a hit and miss

Mostly because of the connection with the Disney shows in some cases

Personally I enjoyed DS MOM but I'm biased as I like Raimi's style and wanted to see Wanda as a villain

I think one of the reasons people are tuning out is because some movies are connected to Disney series they didn't watch

DS MOM : Wandavision
    The Marvels : Wandavision and Ms Marvel
    Antman 3 : Loki
    Wakanda Forever : who the is JL Dreyfus' character and what does she want?

That's a major up when you think about it because during Phase 1 & 2, Feige insisted on the fact that casual moviegoers could enjoy their movies as standalone entertainment

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw GotG 3. I would argue the actor that plays High Evolutionary should have played Kang. He has a more convincing range of emotions.

EDIT: Didn't realize that some people (fans) are already asking that Chukwudi Iwuji replace Jonathan Majors and use the storyline that the High Evolutionary was just a Kang variant. Not comic accurate but they've taken other liberties at this point. It would help to tie the movies together and give it that cohesion MCU needs right now. I'm sure most purists would be against it but stories are rewritten all the time.
    Last edited by steak n eggs; 05-07-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    GotG 3 was a excellent send off for this crew. The movie really packed an emotional punch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Early reviews for Secret Invasion are very positive

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Good to see these superhero movies dying a long overdue death…and judging by Flash’s opening weekend, there’ll be no dignity.

Thank you, Jesus

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    GotG 3 was a excellent send off for this crew. The movie really packed an emotional punch.
    saw guardians 3 and across the spiderverse on consecutive nights. guardians was solid, but spiderverse is outrageously good

all the spiderman content that ive seen since MCU has been quite good

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Good to see these superhero movies dying a long overdue death…and judging by Flash’s opening weekend, there’ll be no dignity.

Thank you, Jesus
    Marvel got lazy and now they're becoming what DC movies is

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Marvel has been post Endgame

Even Endgame was meh, Infinity War was wayyyyyyy better

I did like Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness but that's because I'm a fan of Sam Raimi's style so I'm biased, and it was a good sequel to Wandvision.

Speaking of which (which, witch get it) , Feige's mistake has been tying those movies to their Disney+ shows; someone next to me in the theater asked his friend "WTF happened in Westview? and why is Wanda crazy? did I miss something?")
    A lot of hardcore Marvel who have watched everything MCU go watch those movies, but there are also a lot of casuals.

It's also why a lot of moviegoers were confused when they saw Tom Hiddlestone and Owen Wilson in the Antman : Quantumania post-credit scene

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I did like Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness but that's because I'm a fan of Sam Raimi's style so I'm biased, and it was a good sequel to Wandvision.

Speaking of which (which, witch get it) , Feige's mistake has been tying those movies to their Disney+ shows; someone next to me in the theater asked his friend "WTF happened in Westview? and why is Wanda crazy? did I miss something?")
    A lot of hardcore Marvel who have watched everything MCU go watch those movies, but there are also a lot of casuals.

It's also why a lot of moviegoers were confused when they saw Tom Hiddlestone and Owen Wilson in the Antman : Quantumania post-credit scene
    The Disney+ shows really ed things up. I used to watch all of the movies at the theatre, but post-Endgame I've just lost interest. And adding the Disney+ shows (which haven't been anything special) to the list of you have to force yourself to watch to know what's going on is just alienating people by fatigue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Disney+ shows really ed things up. I used to watch all of the movies at the theatre, but post-Endgame I've just lost interest. And adding the Disney+ shows (which haven't been anything special) to the list of you have to force yourself to watch to know what's going on is just alienating people by fatigue.
    Agreed

Im looking forward to Secret Invasion though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Agreed

Im looking forward to Secret Invasion though
    There's a nonzero number of people who will walk into the new captain America and not know that all the training for Sam is already over. As an aside I don't trust the new director with capt America at all. The series showed he didn't understand the character or what he represents
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 06-21-2023 at 12:15 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Marvel got lazy and now they're becoming what DC movies is
    I'll take Dark Knight Rises and The Joker over anything Marvel has put out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

i thought endgame was very well done tbh. multiverse of madness was fine, but i didnt think it was an exceptional, upper tier marvel flick.

disney shows should have been standalone stuff, but marvel refuses to do anything standalone these days

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll take Dark Knight Rises and The Joker over anything Marvel has put out.
    i'm talking about the dceu which they almost set back 10 years but only ended up setting back 5 when they ditched the idea of replacing henry cavill and ben affleck with supergirl and batgirl(their original plan for flashpoint ending)

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    While I still enjoy the movies for the most part, I don't think any series of films with several dozen can sustain itself indefinitely without fatiguing the audience. I will probably just watch the movies on Disney+ with a few exceptions. I like the idea of tv shows leading into movies, but I think they should make less movies per year. 3 or 4 is a lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I wish they would make less 2-3 season shows and more movies. I've already let Disney go now for several months

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Secret Invasion has been pretty entertaining tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's pretty good ; and Sam Jackson has been great so far

Love those Marvel spy movies/shows (CA : TWS for the win)
    And there is no goofy humor in this show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's pretty good ; and Sam Jackson has been great so far

Love those Marvel spy movies/shows (CA : TWS for the win)
    And there is no goofy humor in this show
    ive largely tuned out of marvel. havent seen eternals, love and thunder, wakanda forever

never saw agents of shield, agent carter, inhumans, hawkeye, ms marvel, she hulk

is secret invasion something i would realistically enjoy without having seen all that stuff?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    ive largely tuned out of marvel. havent seen eternals, love and thunder, wakanda forever

never saw agents of shield, agent carter, inhumans, hawkeye, ms marvel, she hulk

is secret invasion something i would realistically enjoy without having seen all that stuff?
    None of that is necessary to enjoy S.I. It’s a very simple storyline.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I'm behind on a lot of stuff also. The backstory with Nick Fury and the Skulls in Captain Marvel is probably the only information you need for SI.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Agent Carter was surprisingly good
    btw the Jarvis we saw in Endgame was the same one who was a regular character in Agent Carter (same actor, forgot his name)

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Secret Invasion solid so far.
    Took me a while to remember all the captain marvel lead up

Crazy how far Fury has fallen from the early movies

Thread Information