Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If Sony does do a spider-verse movie with Garfield and McGuire, which they should, because $$$$$. Then that's how they get around the Avengers thing Hollands spider-man gets transported to one of the other worlds, with no avengers.
    Are they in the post credits for Far from Home? Thought I heard that somewhere. I thought that’s kinda where they were headed if it was true.

I thought Spiderverse was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    all the sony's spider-man movies did very well. They showed that they don't really need disney. And going from 5% to 50% is a ty move by disney, while they already make all the money from merch.
    I am also not the biggest fan of this new Spider-man, cause to me he looks like Iron-Man Jr. I loved him in Civil War. I think both of his solo movies are not that great, but just OK. Still better than the Amazing Spider-man, but not really as good as SM2 or even 1. I get it that some people don't agree, but that's just my opinion. I am also pretty sure they will make a new deal and by New Year SM will be back in the MCU, which needs him cause Phase 4 looks .
    -Phase 4 looks fine tbh, their expanding on existing characters and adding new ones to the game. Phase 5 (starting in 2022) is shaping up to be crazy (BP 2, Captain Marvel 2, GOTG 3, Blade, Fantastic 4, New Avengers, and limited series' possibly based around Ms. Marvel and also War Machine)

-Really don't agree on the Raimi Trilogy. Bad acting and overall corniness hurt them. Only Spider man 2 is decent and that's because the Doc OC and Spider-Man fight scenes still hold up. I hold the Amazing Spiderman series in higher regard, the first one at least because Garfield and Stone acted circles around Franko and McGuire (Franko in particular, McGuire was stiff as a board) and better directed. Homecoming and FFH are the two best movies by far, though.

I do kind of chuckle at folks saying Sony is going to somehow lose money by going on its own. Even the crappiest Spider-Man movie grossed $700 million. It will be interesting to see how Venom 2 shapes up as far as the budget goes. Hiring Sekris seems like a good gamble. Still not expecting great writing.
    -Actively pissing off the fan base isn't good for business, tbh. Why do $800 million when they could do $1 Billion? That is losing money. The first two Holland movies did a combined 1.9 Billion.
    Last edited by cd021; 08-23-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Actively pissing off the fan base isn't good for business, tbh. Why do $800 million when they could do $1 Billion? That is losing money. The first two Holland movies did a combined 1.9 Billion.
    Why give away half? That is losing money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why give away half? That is losing money.
    That too, but going back to the table and renegotiating down is really the best option. The fans blame them and they have a famously sketchy track record with superhero movies.

It's better to have the MCU connection because of the shared characters that could appear in Spider-Man (Deadpool, Daredevil, King Pin, Fantastic 4, for example) than to start a viliian-verse with Morbius and Venom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) series reportedly happening for Disney+ according to Hollywood Reporter.

Likely going to be in phase 5, just before Captain Marvel 2 comes out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That too, but going back to the table and renegotiating down is really the best option. The fans blame them and they have a famously sketchy track record with superhero movies..
    I don't blame them, though I do think negotiating would be a good idea.

It's great having Spidey in the MCU but he's completely dependent on his MCU connections here, which is ultimately a bit lame because half of the character's appeal is his having to figure out the superhero business on his own. We're missing a whole lot by his being Sticky Iron Man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) series reportedly happening for Disney+ according to Hollywood Reporter.

Likely going to be in phase 5, just before Captain Marvel 2 comes out.
    Also confirmed are Moon Knight and She Hulk

Kit whatshisname from Games of Thrones is being considered by Marvel Studios for an unknown role

BW movie trailer also leaked online

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Kit whatshisname from Games of Thrones is being considered by Marvel Studios for an unknown role

Just saw She Hulk and Moon Knight news

Interesting to see if they get Hulk into the She Hulk series ,for an episode or two, to further his story with no Avengers movies for the next 4 years, probably.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't blame them, though I do think negotiating would be a good idea.

It's great having Spidey in the MCU but he's completely dependent on his MCU connections here, which is ultimately a bit lame because half of the character's appeal is his having to figure out the superhero business on his own. We're missing a whole lot by his being Sticky Iron Man.
    I don't think we are tbh, we've seen the Uncle Ben story line alot, we really don't need to see it again.

I think Spider-Man 3 was going to build upon the growth of his character and we would have gotten to see him grow into his own superhero.

Don't love that it may just be him fighting two random rogue gallery viliians without the heart that the first two had.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I don't think we are tbh, we've seen the Uncle Ben story line alot, we really don't need to see it again.
    Who said anything about Uncle Ben?

I think Spider-Man 3 was going to build upon the growth of his character and we would have gotten to see him grow into his own superhero.
    No . Might be more interesting without Iron Boy suit.

Don't love that it may just be him fighting two random rogue gallery viliians without the heart that the first two had.
    Same writer. Who knows?

I got a feeling will work out. This Pitch Meeting sums it up nicely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

So Kit whatshisname has been confirmed for the Eternals

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who said anything about Uncle Ben?

No . Might be more interesting without Iron Boy suit.

Same writer. Who knows?

I got a feeling will work out. This Pitch Meeting sums it up nicely.

I've seen criticism leveled against the MCU Spider-Man because of no Uncle Ben.

The issue is that I didn't think fans are confident that Sony can pull off what was built up for Spider-Man 3. Even if they can, they may lose some credibility.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kit Harrington confirmed as the Black Knight for the movie the Eternals

https://www.cbr.com/black-knight-kit...als-character/

He's an Avenger in the comics.

the adult version of Monica Rambo (the kid from Captain Marvel), in the comics she's a lot in the comics but may end up being Photon, will be in Wanda/Vision.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...rter-us-agent/
    U.S. Agent/ Super Patriot confirmed too for Falcon/Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by cd021; 08-25-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Adult Monica Rambeau in Wandavision

Wtf

The show will also feature Darcy from previous Thor movies and that Asian agent from Antman 2
    Last edited by lefty; 08-25-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Curious about Ms. Marvel's origin. Apparently shes a decendant of Inhumans in the comics but they don't exist in the MCU (Marvel TV doesn't generally count)

The show comes after Wanda/Vision, think there's a chance that she could be introduced as a mutant.

Then again, they may save the first introduced mutant for Namor the Submariner in Black Panther 2

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Rock's been rumored for Namor the Submariner.

That would be the perfect role for him in the MCU tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Rock's been rumored for Namor the Submariner.

That would be the perfect role for him in the MCU tbh.
    I like him but I’m not sure he’s right for the role

But he might do a good job

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...-be-two-thors/

Thor 4 director confirms that there will be 2 Thor's (Foster and Odinson).

There is a rumor that the Loki series will play a role in getting Thor's hammer from an alternate timeline to the main timeline

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    as a guy that actually read some of the Jane Foster Thor comics, all i gotta say is good luck.

also having ''Thor'' as a le is re ed.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 08-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There must be some alternate reality wizardry at work

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah female thor sounds whack mostly bc I can't take Natalie portman seriously as an ass kicking superhero. She's so frail looking

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah female thor sounds whack mostly bc I can't take Natalie portman seriously as an ass kicking superhero. She's so frail looking
    Yeah, she's 5'3, hard for me to see them pulling that off without making her look silly.

I like him but I’m not sure he’s right for the role

But he might do a good job
    The one criticism I have of the Rock is that he tends to play a different of himself in movies- The Rock has a hot daughter and ex wife and their is a big earthquake, The Rock's a lifeguard, the rock has a ten year old kid that he didn't know about, etc.

He's charismatic as though, also half Black and Half Samoan. He'll be 50 by the time BP 2 comes out, though they may want to go younger.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yup The Rock is super charismatic

As for Portman, I’ve learned my lessons

Didn’t expect Ledger to be a good Joker, but he delivered
    I also surprisingly liked Batfleck

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Can't discount Portman entirely after Black Swan and Lucy in the Sky looks like a winner too, but she seems terribly reliant on the writing to be any good, and the writing for her in the MCU has been just slightly above George Lucas level.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Can't discount Portman entirely after Black Swan and Lucy in the Sky looks like a winner too, but she seems terribly reliant on the writing to be any good, and the writing for her in the MCU has been just slightly above George Lucas level.
    i really disliked her character in the first Thor film. oh, here's super smart scientist girl who suddenly drops her panties and gets all goo-goo eyed over muscle man

Thread Information