College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yup can't blame Raimi for Spiderman 3 tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Talk of Tobey M having a cameo in Dr Strange 2 as a Spider-Man from the multiverse. Also talk of evil Captain America

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    lefty

howard the duck was in endgame

7:57

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    lefty

howard the duck was in endgame

7:57

Old news but yeah that was cool

I didn't notice him whem I went to see the movie though

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cant believe trainwreck still backs up spiderman

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    cant believe trainwreck still backs up spiderman
    spider man 3 was , never saw the garfield movies, and the holland ones have killed it mostly because they've nailed the casting on the antagonists. My only problem with them is emo MJ, but she'll hopefully never be as bad a love interest as Portman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    spider man 3 was , never saw the garfield movies, and the holland ones have killed it mostly because they've nailed the casting on the antagonists. My only problem with them is emo MJ, but she'll hopefully never be as bad a love interest as Portman.
    Really didn't like the trilogy, they did nail Doc Oc though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Really didn't like the trilogy, they did nail Doc Oc though.
    SM1 will always be good for me because Dafoe's monologue one the rooftop about how everyone who roots for him will turn on him. SM2 had a pretty good telling of doc oc, but was weighed down by the osborn character, not so much the acting but that arc was stupid. SM3 was a show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yes

Aaaaaaaand.....

It was just confirmed by Thessa Thompson

He will play the main villain

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Op will grow out of this phase, eventually.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    New Marvel MCU Slate (just announced):

Black Widow - November 6th, 2020

Eternals - February 12, 2021
    Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings May 7, 2021
    Spider-Man 3-July 16, 2021
    Doctor Strange 2- November 5, 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18, 2022
    Black Panther 2 - May 8, 2022
    Captain Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022

also Marvel hired a writer for Ant-Man 3, so its likely going to be the coming out in October, 2022

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I finally got to watch Endgame. Spoilers below. Although I doubt I will be spoiling the movie for anyone at this point.

Spoilersssssss

What a discombobulated mess. Marvel films usually managed to stay somewhat grounded and logical (within the Superhero spernatural world they work in) in previous films, but on this one they didn't know how to tackle time travelling for . The theory they came up with just doesn't make sense at all. Cap stayed in the past and lived a normal life on his time. Does that mean that the events of "Winter Soldier", "Civil War", "Infinity War", etc. didn't happen? Or happened without Cap, or happened with a young Cap and an old one? just doesn't work anywhere you look at it.

Leaving that aside. At the end when Ironman is about to die, why don't they use the time gem to prevent him from dying?

Finally, the last third of the movie with the big fight is cool, but the first two thirds are pretty slow and boring outside from fat Thor. They couldn't find many spots to inject action scenes in those first two acts, and the ones they did find to squeeze in were "meh". Also, a lot of mopping around for a franchise that prides itself on being fun. So, in those first 2/3 we didn't get much action nor much humour.

End of spoilersssssss

All I heard about the movie was that it was epic and excellent, but I gotta say that it was a pretty mediocre movie saved by that final battle. I think fans just tried to convince themselves this movie had to be great no matter what and that's what they did.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-20-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So I finally got to watch Endgame. Spoilers below. Although I doubt I will be spoiling the movie for anyone at this point.

Spoilersssssss

What a discombobulated mess. Marvel films usually managed to stay somewhat grounded and logical (within the Superhero spernatural world they work in) in previous films, but on this one they didn't know how to tackle time travelling for . The theory they came up with just doesn't make sense at all. Cap stayed in the past and lived a normal life on his time. Does that mean that the events of "Winter Soldier", "Civil War", "Infinity War", etc. didn't happen? Or happened without Cap, or happened with a young Cap and an old one? just doesn't work anywhere you look at it.

Leaving that aside. At the end when Ironman is about to die, why don't they use the time gem to prevent him from dying?

Finally, the last third of the movie with the big fight is cool, but the first two thirds are pretty slow and boring outside from fat Thor. They couldn't find many spots to inject action scenes in those first two acts, and the ones they did find to squeeze in were "meh". Also, a lot of mopping around for a franchise that prides itself on being fun. So, in those first 2/3 we didn't get much action nor much humour.

End of spoilersssssss

All I heard about the movie was that it was epic and excellent, but I gotta say that it was a pretty mediocre movie saved by that final battle. I think fans just tried to convince themselves this movie had to be great no matter what and that's what they did.
    agree with everything you said. Infinity war was a better movie for me. Endgame is fun for the last 30 minutes but overall i dont think it gets in the top 5 or perhaps even top 10 MCU films.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Spoilersssssss

End of spoilersssssss

Going by the mechanics explained in the movie, Captain America traveling to the past and living out his life would've created its own "universe". In which case, he'd have to travel back to the main MCU timeline at the end as an old man to speak to Falcon. But how did he do that? In any case, there's no way he could've been living in the main timeline the whole time... surely he would've warned Peggy that SHIELD had been infiltrated by Hydra for decades (long before the events of Winter Soldier), and surely Sharon Carter would've known he was her uncle.

The movie is good IMO, but it's fan service. Like most if not all time travel stories, it doesn't hold up to a lot of scrutiny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Going by the mechanics explained in the movie, Captain America traveling to the past and living out his life would've created its own "universe". In which case, he'd have to travel back to the main MCU timeline at the end as an old man to speak to Falcon. But how did he do that? In any case, there's no way he could've been living in the main timeline the whole time... surely he would've warned Peggy that SHIELD had been infiltrated by Hydra for decades (long before the events of Winter Soldier), and surely Sharon Carter would've known he was her uncle.

The movie is good IMO, but it's fan service. Like most if not all time travel stories, it doesn't hold up to a lot of scrutiny.
    The main confusion of cap traveling back is why he was sitting on the bench instead of being warped to the specific spot they set up. Presumably by inserting himself into the 40s of that new timeline, he could have prevented a lot of these events. He stayed in that alternate timeline for decades then returned to the main timeline at the end

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

For the umpteenth time he used the time wristband that he was supposed to use after he returned everything, he just waited decades to use it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And one more thing: the tesseract was supossed to be a gem, right? Well, Loki escpaes with it and then IM and CA go even further back in time to get that same gem. So, what happens there? There are two blue gems in the universe now? What does Loki do with that gem in all the time that went by, he just sits on it?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And one more thing: the tesseract was supossed to be a gem, right? Well, Loki escpaes with it and then IM and CA go even further back in time to get that same gem. So, what happens there? There are two blue gems in the universe now? What does Loki do with that gem in all the time that went by, he just sits on it?
    the tesseract is a containment vessel for the stone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Different timelines. Every time something gets changed, a new timeline gets created. The Ancient One explained that to Bruce as the reason why she couldn't give him the time stone. He then agreed to return all the stones to the exact moments they were taken from to prevent that from happening.

Loki stealing the space stone was a big up that created a new alternate timeline. That is what his Disney+ show is presumably going to be about, because he died at the hands of Thanos in the main MCU timeline.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    that was the plot of the whole movie. the stones in the main universe (prime) were destroyed. so when the groups went back to various points to bring stones, they REMOVED the stones from those timelines, and brought them into Prime so they can use them. but then they left those alternate timelines with missing stones, making them unstable/vulnerable, etc, which is why at the very end Cap went back to return all the stones to their original timelines.

they originally intended to get the tesseract from 2012 (first avengers movie), but ed it up and now Loki has it (presumably where the new Loki spinoff will take place). instead they went back even further and got the tesseract from there. when cap went back to return the the stone, he just stayed in that timeline and banged peggy, stayed there until he was old man, and then used his thingy to come back to prime as a withered old man

again, only real question is why he zapped over to the bench and now the machine they were using. Prime goes back to having no stones after thanos destroyed them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that was the plot of the whole movie. the stones in the main universe (prime) were destroyed. so when the groups went back to various points to bring stones, they REMOVED the stones from those timelines, and brought them into Prime so they can use them. but then they left those alternate timelines with missing stones, making them unstable/vulnerable, etc, which is why at the very end Cap went back to return all the stones to their original timelines.

they originally intended to get the tesseract from 2012 (first avengers movie), but ed it up and now Loki has it (presumably where the new Loki spinoff will take place). instead they went back even further and got the tesseract from there. when cap went back to return the the stone, he just stayed in that timeline and banged peggy, stayed there until he was old man, and then used his thingy to come back to prime as a withered old man

again, only real question is why he zapped over to the bench and now the machine they were using. Prime goes back to having no stones after thanos destroyed them
    Likely just because it made for a better reveal. It doesn't make within the established rules though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    agree with everything you said. Infinity war was a better movie for me. Endgame is fun for the last 30 minutes but overall i dont think it gets in the top 5 or perhaps even top 10 MCU films.
    Infinity War was absolutely better but Endgame is still top 5 imo. Did a re-watch of all the movies recently, its pretty hard to put it out of the top 10. Age of Ultron on the other hand...that movie's a disaster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i do think IW was better in a vacuum (though i dont like that Cap was basically a non-factor in the movie), but Endgame did so much to tie a bow on the entire saga, that it stands out separately in that regard

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Endgame was basically 85% fan service, which was fine enough. Marvel putting their money behind black panther and captain marvel might bite em in the ass. Captain Marvel especially, her stand alone sucked and her endgame role was trash.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Infinity War was absolutely better but Endgame is still top 5 imo. Did a re-watch of all the movies recently, its pretty hard to put it out of the top 10. Age of Ultron on the other hand...that movie's a disaster.
    i'd have to rewatch some of the films, but for me Iron Man 1, Guardians 1, Civil War, Avengers 1 and Winter Soldier are in top 5. I am sure a lot of people think Endgame is the best movie in the whole MCU (looking at imdb), but it just didnt do it for me.

Thread Information