Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Endgame was basically 85% fan service, which was fine enough. Marvel putting their money behind black panther and captain marvel might bite em in the ass. Captain Marvel especially, her stand alone sucked and her endgame role was trash.
    Casting Brie Larson was a mistake. She falls under that Natalie Portman category for me. I know she can act, but either her range is really limited or she just phoned this role in for a paycheck. It isn't all her fault though, there's nothing about the MCU Captain Marvel that's likable or interesting.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Casting Brie Larson was a mistake. She falls under that Natalie Portman category for me. I know she can act, but either her range is really limited or she just phoned this role in for a paycheck. It isn't all her fault though, there's nothing about the MCU Captain Marvel that's likable or interesting.
    her comic was rebooted 8 times in 7 years. It's just a boring character. Brie Larsen being weird and saying stupid during her interviews also didn't help. Her movie could have easily came after Endgame for phase 4.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I actually didn't mind the carol danvers in Avengers:Earth Mightiest Heroes, I was expecting someone like that, instead we got a clunky robot woman with a superiority complex

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Captain Marvel is just stupidly overpowered now. Markus and McFeely left her out of most of Endgame because her only apparent weakness is a haymaker from the Power Stone that doesn't exist anymore. I can guess the next movie somehow involves her temporarily losing her powers a la Thor 1/Superman 2/Iron Man 3.

Wonder Woman is in danger of the same. Table flip if she starts flying in the next movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Captain Marvel is just stupidly overpowered now. Markus and McFeely left her out of most of Endgame because her only apparent weakness is a haymaker from the Power Stone that doesn't exist anymore. I can guess the next movie somehow involves her temporarily losing her powers a la Thor 1/Superman 2/Iron Man 3.

Wonder Woman is in danger of the same. Table flip if she starts flying in the next movie.
    Invisible jet tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I didn’t think Captain Marvel was a bad movie, it was fine. And if released around Thor 2 and the Ironman sequels would have held up ok. But it came at a time where seemingly every movie was a smash. It’s probably in the bottom half or Thursday of MCU movies but i still thought it was entertaining.

I dont see where they go with the character though

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    That would be stupid fun especially if she was just sitting in the sky like in Super Friends. I'm talking about Superman-type flying she does in the animated features, etc. The movie made allusions to her developing more powers so they could go that direction.

I didn’t think Captain Marvel was a bad movie, it was fine. And if released around Thor 2 and the Ironman sequels would have held up ok. But it came at a time where seemingly every movie was a smash. It’s probably in the bottom half or Thursday of MCU movies but i still thought it was entertaining.

I dont see where they go with the character though
    I thought it was fine as an MCU movie but there was a lot of Oh DC actually beat us to a female lead going on. Now she's just a glowy god who's barely going to be able to relate to anyone on Earth anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That would be a great way to introduce Rogue tbh, though it sounds like it would be Captain Marvel 3 with CM2 supposedly a big crossover event. Have Rogue steal CM's powers and have CM question her worth without her powers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Apparently Marvel at least realized that the first movie had a lot of issues (two directors, five writers didn't help). They replaced the writers with the woman who wrote WandaVison because they were impressed with how she did. They're also hiring a new director, hopefully they can give her more to do because Larson's acting was pretty hollow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So I finally got to watch Endgame. Spoilers below. Although I doubt I will be spoiling the movie for anyone at this point.

Spoilersssssss

What a discombobulated mess. Marvel films usually managed to stay somewhat grounded and logical (within the Superhero spernatural world they work in) in previous films, but on this one they didn't know how to tackle time travelling for . The theory they came up with just doesn't make sense at all. Cap stayed in the past and lived a normal life on his time. Does that mean that the events of "Winter Soldier", "Civil War", "Infinity War", etc. didn't happen? Or happened without Cap, or happened with a young Cap and an old one? just doesn't work anywhere you look at it.

Leaving that aside. At the end when Ironman is about to die, why don't they use the time gem to prevent him from dying?

Finally, the last third of the movie with the big fight is cool, but the first two thirds are pretty slow and boring outside from fat Thor. They couldn't find many spots to inject action scenes in those first two acts, and the ones they did find to squeeze in were "meh". Also, a lot of mopping around for a franchise that prides itself on being fun. So, in those first 2/3 we didn't get much action nor much humour.

End of spoilersssssss

All I heard about the movie was that it was epic and excellent, but I gotta say that it was a pretty mediocre movie saved by that final battle. I think fans just tried to convince themselves this movie had to be great no matter what and that's what they did.
    Infinity War was fantastic
    I left the theater in awe

Endgame not so much :

Too much fan service

The final battle was a huge cluster

Jokes had poor timing and weren’t even funny, ruining a few good scenes, like when Thor tells Tony “do you know what’s coursing through my veins” and Rhodey says “Cheezwiz?”
    Seriously? Hemsworth did an amazing job and they had to go ruin this with Cheezwiz

And that feminist moment was so forced, like in the middle of that huge battle scene, all the female superheroes happened to be in the vicinity of Peter Parker

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I actually didn't mind the carol danvers in Avengers:Earth Mightiest Heroes, I was expecting someone like that, instead we got a clunky robot woman with a superiority complex
    EMH is pretty good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Infinity War was fantastic
    I left the theater in awe

Endgame not so much :

Too much fan service

The final battle was a huge cluster

Jokes had poor timing and weren’t even funny, ruining a few good scenes
    , like when Thor tells Tony “do you know what’s coursing through my veins” and Rhodey says “Cheezwiz?”
    Seriously? Hemsworth did an amazing job and they had to go ruin this with Cheezwiz

And that feminist moment was so forced, like in the middle of that huge battle scene, all the female superheroes happened to be in the vicinity of Peter Parker
    Thats actually my exact issues with Age Of Ultron. Didn't mind it in Endgame. I didn't like the A-Force cameo though, that did seem pretty forced. For that reason it seems difficult to make a female Avengers spin-off because the set-up would be too tough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Thats actually my exact issues with Age Of Ultron. Didn't mind it in Endgame. I didn't like the A-Force cameo though, that did seem pretty forced. For that reason it seems difficult to make a female Avengers spin-off because the set-up would be too tough.
    I see a pattern, Whedon being a bit hungover or overconfident from Avengers 1’s succes producing a dud in AOU

I think the Russos, Markus and McFleely need a break or they will end up producing a dud too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I see a pattern, Whedon being a bit hungover or overconfident from Avengers 1’s succes producing a dud in AOU

I think the Russos, Markus and McFleely need a break or they will end up producing a dud too
    -Yeah, Wheldon's writing ruined AOU. There's a report that he recently met with Marvel, possibly to direct and or write Fantastic 4- I really really hope that that's not true.

-The Russo's and their writing team saved the MCU but they should take a few years off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    -Yeah, Wheldon's writing ruined AOU. There's a report that he recently met with Marvel, possibly to direct and or write Fantastic 4- I really really hope that that's not true.

-The Russo's and their writing team saved the MCU but they should take a few years off.
    No Go please no

He’s done enough damage, Justice League could have been good but they had to add Whedon for rewrites smh

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No Go please no

He’s done enough damage, Justice League could have been good but they had to add Whedon for rewrites smh
    Well, we will all see how good justice league really is when it comes on hbo max next year.... i dont think it will be a lot better, but i am sure it wont be worse.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well, we will all see how good justice league really is when it comes on hbo max next year.... i dont think it will be a lot better, but i am sure it wont be worse.
    it's still going to be terrible, it's snyder

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah not saying it will be awesome but as long as it excludes Whedon's contribution I'm good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Mr.Robot > this

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No Go please no

no it couldn't have batman vs superman was

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    no it couldn't have batman vs superman was
    Yep it sucked tbh

Except for Batman

Batfleck was ing awesome and badass

And that warehouse scene ? Daaaaamn

But of course Whedon made him less badass in JL because jokes
    Last edited by lefty; 05-26-2020 at 09:41 AM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IDK where the above talk about Endgame being 'overrated' and a consensus all time MCU movie is coming from... The consensus I've seen always places Infinity War in the top level of MCU movies with Endgame considerably lower.
    Time travel movies always have funky ass inconsistencies, why act so surprised.
    I was okay with Endgame, and the final battle did save the movie, but nothing will top the palpable tension of IW

My pre-covid thoughts were pretty lukewarm on MCU moving forward. They're gonna have to have a overall storyarch that resonates well pretty damn soon or I see myself losing my hardcore interest.
    Can't say I'm excited for Black Widow. I'll def see it, but I have the same "meh" feeling I did going into Captain Marvel or Antman & Wasp

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    #bringbackfantastic4

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    IDK where the above talk about Endgame being 'overrated' and a consensus all time MCU movie is coming from... The consensus I've seen always places Infinity War in the top level of MCU movies with Endgame considerably lower.
    Time travel movies always have funky ass inconsistencies, why act so surprised.
    I was okay with Endgame, and the final battle did save the movie, but nothing will top the palpable tension of IW

My pre-covid thoughts were pretty lukewarm on MCU moving forward. They're gonna have to have a overall storyarch that resonates well pretty damn soon or I see myself losing my hardcore interest.
    Can't say I'm excited for Black Widow. I'll def see it, but I have the same "meh" feeling I did going into Captain Marvel or Antman & Wasp
    IW was just perfect, no time wasted, the opening of the movie set the tone perfectly, so many characters yet most of them made the most out their screen time, the musical score was perfect, the ending was what I was waitng for; Tanos' motivation in the movie was different from the comics yet the movie had some nice callbacks to Thanos' Quest and the Infinity Gauntlet comics

Endgame was not bad but it was not as good and had too many ty jokes

BW is gonna be good imo, it seems ot have a CA : The Winter Soldier vibe and that's a good thing imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    #bringbackfantastic4
    As long as they don't cast that goofy looking, CIA supporter, Krasinski

Thread Information