People ting on TFATWS for being all woke and librul
    Snowflakes are offended by TFATWS?
    Big surprise

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show is aight.
    Bucky seems weak as in this show. Also the super soldiers seem so variably strong from movie to show to scene to scene.

Carli and the flagkillers or whatever is a pretty weak storyline like others said. Don't really care about any of them or their cause.
    The shield chick being some fake art smuggling god in the hidden country was kinda weak too but it kept the storyline moving so whatever.

Zemo stealing the show as expected. I'm hoping he isn't the power broker in the finale, that would be pretty weak.

I want to see more Bucky kicking ass but whatever, guess it isn't really where the show wants to go.

Captain abomination he turned to the dark side quickly but whatever we only got 6 episodes, so i like how it kept the story moving. Wish we coulda seen some HBO GoT action and blood in these scenes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol did I miss what Evil Cap is making his shield out of? I mean it looks like he cut up some garbage can lids and started spray painting the star on it.

Also lol at how Sam and Bucky are both awesome frisbee throwers right off the bat.

I really wanna like this show but damn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol did I miss what Evil Cap is making his shield out of? I mean it looks like he cut up some garbage can lids and started spray painting the star on it.

Also lol at how Sam and Bucky are both awesome frisbee throwers right off the bat.

Yeah the show is taking some big leaps with liberties like that but whatevs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

At least Bucky, like Cap, is strong. Sam is just a normal dude. Him throwing the shield with such speed and precision looked a little ridiculous, especially while he was flipping around. My wife (who isn't a comic book person at all) asked if the shield gave special powers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Now I just imagine the car rental guy from Kim's Convenience has a secret life.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets

My wife called it the dollar store version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At least Bucky, like Cap, is strong. Sam is just a normal dude. Him throwing the shield with such speed and precision looked a little ridiculous, especially while he was flipping around. My wife (who isn't a comic book person at all) asked if the shield gave special powers.
    Yeah, him catching it should have ripped his head off, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I mean I was a bit shocked when Walker threw the shield into the wall that one time but then we find out quickly he had taken the serum.

But Sam putting a gash into the tree and then later catching the shield with his bare hands? Why don't all the bad guys just catch it like that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, him catching it should have ripped his head off, tbh
    Exactly lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns

bucky i understand

sam i wouldnt, but i thought there was a line in there that alluded to sam having spent a lot of time practicing in that area with the shield previously, but then stopped when he decided not to take on the cap mantle. i could be wrong though.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    I mean, it’s also a world where time travel exists, a witch makes a fake neighborhood, and a purple alien snapped existence in half.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show is aight.
    Bucky seems weak as in this show. Also the super soldiers seem so variably strong from movie to show to scene to scene.

Carli and the flagkillers or whatever is a pretty weak storyline like others said. Don't really care about any of them or their cause.
    The shield chick being some fake art smuggling god in the hidden country was kinda weak too but it kept the storyline moving so whatever.

Zemo stealing the show as expected. I'm hoping he isn't the power broker in the finale, that would be pretty weak.

I want to see more Bucky kicking ass but whatever, guess it isn't really where the show wants to go.

Captain abomination he turned to the dark side quickly but whatever we only got 6 episodes, so i like how it kept the story moving. Wish we coulda seen some HBO GoT action and blood in these scenes.
    -I've kinda thought that they've undersold Bucky being a super-soldier previous to this. To be honest, I forgot that he was one until the second episode. It was like his super-power was that he had a metal arm. I think he's been a bad-ass for the most part though, his going at Walker was ing great. Though he does seem to get worked by most other super-soldiers in Civil War and this show for some reason.

-There was a pandemic story-line that got cut. There was a you-tube video that pointed out all of the random refences to people being sick (the flag-smashes transporting vaccines, the funeral for the woman that died of TB etc). I heard that the Flag-Smashers were supposed to do something involving chemical warfare to cause chaos. Without all that, their story-line doesn't really seem that interesting.

-Zemo's pretty goddamn great tbh. Kinda think that he is because there hasn't been that scene from the trailer where he's putting on his mask.

-It had to happen in basically three episodes but I thought that it did a pretty good job. Russell is doing pretty great work showing his instability and insecurity. People disrespecting his as Cap, The Dora Milaje handing him his ass, him then taking the serium and making him more unstable, and then Battlestar getting killed, sent him over the edge. Curious to see what he does next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

-I don't get the point of him making a shield if it doesn't work anything like the real one tbh.

-I mean it is technically is a vibranium frisbee. Didn't Nat throw the shield like that IIRC, its kinda weird but not so crazy compared to the fact that Bucky basically got put cryogenics multiple times over the decades and he's really only like 30.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Shang Chi trailer was pretty great tbh looks good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Shang-Chi looks awesome. The music in the trailer is fire, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think I spotted what looks like Madripoor in the trailer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Is the power broker going to show up in Shang-Chi

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    -I've kinda thought that they've undersold Bucky being a super-soldier previous to this. To be honest, I forgot that he was one until the second episode. It was like his super-power was that he had a metal arm. I think he's been a bad-ass for the most part though, his going at Walker was ing great. Though he does seem to get worked by most other super-soldiers in Civil War and this show for some reason.

-There was a pandemic story-line that got cut. There was a you-tube video that pointed out all of the random refences to people being sick (the flag-smashes transporting vaccines, the funeral for the woman that died of TB etc). I heard that the Flag-Smashers were supposed to do something involving chemical warfare to cause chaos. Without all that, their story-line doesn't really seem that interesting.

-Zemo's pretty goddamn great tbh. Kinda think that he is because there hasn't been that scene from the trailer where he's putting on his mask.

-It had to happen in basically three episodes but I thought that it did a pretty good job. Russell is doing pretty great work showing his instability and insecurity. People disrespecting his as Cap, The Dora Milaje handing him his ass, him then taking the serium and making him more unstable, and then Battlestar getting killed, sent him over the edge. Curious to see what he does next.
    Really? I thought Bucky was great in Civil War, he was on the run but he went at it with Black Panther, etc. It was the IW saga that he was pretty much a metal arm giant gun guy to me. Maybe I gotta peep CW again.
    Zemo put on a purple ski mask for no reason for 5 seconds while the gang was kicking ass after they killed that Serum Scientist. LOL was weird, he put it on, killed some people, took it off.
    Yeah Russell is doing a great job at being a puncheable hateable face, I'll give him that LOL. Great contrast to Evans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really? I thought Bucky was great in Civil War, he was on the run but he went at it with Black Panther, etc. It was the IW saga that he was pretty much a metal arm giant gun guy to me. Maybe I gotta peep CW again.
    Zemo put on a purple ski mask for no reason for 5 seconds while the gang was kicking ass after they killed that Serum Scientist. LOL was weird, he put it on, killed some people, took it off.
    Yeah Russell is doing a great job at being a puncheable hateable face, I'll give him that LOL. Great contrast to Evans.
    He was cool in Civil War but I meant that it was easy to forget that he's a super-soldier. Felt like they emphasized the metal arm rather than that he was a Super-Soldier and had a metal arm. When he's running through the airport terminal, Falcon is keeping up but now he's running as fast as a box truck. Kinda weird.

There's a clip of Zemo putting the mask on and staring into a camera. He wasn't actually shown putting on the mask in episode 3. Pretty sure he's going to appear on the big screen at the U.N meeting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Russell Crowe confirms that he's playing Zeus in Thor 4. Eventually setting up Hercules in the MCU tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Bit of an underwhelming finale, but it still had it's moments.

Right about Sharon Carter doe, wonder what exactly her endgame is.

Edit: Thunderbolts... lets ing go! Excited to see how Marvel uses them.
    Last edited by lefty20; 04-23-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bucky has really been since civil war. The show was meh. I think John Walker was the best part about the show, followed by Zemo and Sam.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 04-23-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thought they nailed the finale tbh. Unlike Wanda-Vision which kinda built to a B Finale at best. There's a legit 30 minutes of action and they manage to wrap up pretty much all of the plot-lines while leaving some open to be explored later.

Thread Information