Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the way i understand it, marvel was only getting a 5% cut on the solo spider man films (but feige was producing them, to keep in line with MCU), but sony was getting nothing from his ventures in avengers/civil war, etc.

now marvel wants a 50/50 split of the solo films. sony can just hang onto spider man and have him in the venom universe. marvel has some new toys coming in with the xmen franchise now available to them. neither side seems particularly motivated to give up ground.

marvels just asking for too much. nothings stopping them from coming back to the table. spiderman is still the biggest name in marvel comics, so they probably should
    Yeah, Disney asked for too much in my opinion. No way Sony is giving up half of their revenue for Spider-Man especially after if did a billion.

The original deal sounded pretty fair but Disney asked for a lot and Sony couldn't reasonably take such a deal.

They're screwed though because MCU fans are blaming them and they could actually really affect box-office sales of future Spider-Man movies going forward, if Sony does keep Spider-Man to themselves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    As it stands, Sony is going to get at least two more ~billion dollar movies with Venom 2 and Spider-Man/Venom. I can't see any of the other characters being worth much of a unless an amazing director takes a shine to the likes of Kraven the Hunter or something.

Only the Doctor Strange movie looks like a surefire blowout for Phase 4 so far. Keeping a pitch perfect Tom Holland in the MCU before he starts looking his age would seem to be a priority, even if it only means getting a little piece of the Sony movies. Is anyone champing at the bit to see a Shang-Chi/Natalie Thortman team up?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    if Sony wants to make a lot of money, get Raimi and make a multiverse movie with Holland, Tobey and Garfield. If Venom made 850M, i am sure that movie would double that.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    cant blame sony for not bending over. but who's to say marvel doesn't come back to the table?

either way, i wouldn't hate seeing holland's spiderman mixing with hardy's venom. but its a gaping plothole in the MCU... i think sony recognizes that marvel has more to lose here
    Unless they get Miller/Lord to helm I'm not interested in the slightest.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Interesting to hear some of you give Sony the benefit of the doubt. Yall are right about the numbers tho, why would Sony budge?
    Venom really ing blew though, I don't see people giving part 2 a chance. Woody Harrleson as Carnage? come on

After Sony cashes in does anyone really believe when this phase is done Sony won't be standing on top of a third ed up Spiderman franchise? Wash rinse repeat after that I guess.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i'd be 100% behind sony on this except that they up their marvel movies

75 years of proven, readymade script material and they can't help but focus group their films to death

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well that sucks. I understand Sony not wanting to budge, Far From Home is now their biggest movie ever. But personally I have zero interest in an isolated Spiderman movie, or some Venomverse Spiderman crap. And I have much less interest in the MCU going forward without Spidey. So it would be in both Marvel and Sony's best interest to get this worked out.

I'd be interested to hear what Tom Holland thinks about this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors

sony doesn’t even have to make good movies to make bank. losers would still line up see them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A lot of ing about sony, while people should be ing about disney.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of ing about sony, while people should be ing about disney.
    Nah. Sony has shown they're when they have creative control. Venom did well bc avg fan was stupid enough to think it was an actual MCU movie, most likely. That gravy train won't continue. We'll have another spiderman reboot within 5 years with sony at the helm. Dumb.

I think the Holland shine will wear off real quick when he follows a script that isn't right for him and completely ignore his entire mythos in this iteration going forward

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Nah. Sony has shown they're when they have creative control. Venom did well bc avg fan was stupid enough to think it was an actual MCU movie, most likely. That gravy train won't continue. We'll have another spiderman reboot within 5 years with sony at the helm. Dumb.

I think the Holland shine will wear off real quick when he follows a script that isn't right for him and completely ignore his entire mythos in this iteration going forward
    all the sony's spider-man movies did very well. They showed that they don't really need disney. And going from 5% to 50% is a ty move by disney, while they already make all the money from merch.
    I am also not the biggest fan of this new Spider-man, cause to me he looks like Iron-Man Jr. I loved him in Civil War. I think both of his solo movies are not that great, but just OK. Still better than the Amazing Spider-man, but not really as good as SM2 or even 1. I get it that some people don't agree, but that's just my opinion. I am also pretty sure they will make a new deal and by New Year SM will be back in the MCU, which needs him cause Phase 4 looks .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I do kind of chuckle at folks saying Sony is going to somehow lose money by going on its own. Even the crappiest Spider-Man movie grossed $700 million. It will be interesting to see how Venom 2 shapes up as far as the budget goes. Hiring Sekris seems like a good gamble. Still not expecting great writing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    all the sony's spider-man movies did very well. They showed that they don't really need disney. And going from 5% to 50% is a ty move by disney, while they already make all the money from merch.
    I am also not the biggest fan of this new Spider-man, cause to me he looks like Iron-Man Jr. I loved him in Civil War. I think both of his solo movies are not that great, but just OK. Still better than the Amazing Spider-man, but not really as good as SM2 or even 1. I get it that some people don't agree, but that's just my opinion. I am also pretty sure they will make a new deal and by New Year SM will be back in the MCU, which needs him cause Phase 4 looks .
    No one is saying otherwise. That's why I said they'll reboot it.
    From fans perspective it's stupid though because those Sony movies are total fraud . The Solo sony holland movies will do well but be made fun of hard core.
    That's why I mentioned venom. It made a killing but it blew and had 70 yo woody harrleson as carnage roflrofl

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do kind of chuckle at folks saying Sony is going to somehow lose money by going on its own. Even the crappiest Spider-Man movie grossed $700 million. It will be interesting to see how Venom 2 shapes up as far as the budget goes. Hiring Sekris seems like a good gamble. Still not expecting great writing.
    Yes but ASM2 was pretty bad and it looked like the the series was going in the wrong direction. They spend so much money creating and advertising these movies that $700 million gross doesn't necessarily mean they make their money back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yes but ASM2 was pretty bad and it looked like the the series was going in the wrong direction. They spend so much money creating and advertising these movies that $700 million gross doesn't necessarily mean they make their money back.
    It only really did badly in the states. That was the difference between the numbers for ASM and ASM2. The writing/rewriting in ASM2 was indeed terrible and no one was looking forward to the Sinister Seven they were planning. I think they probably learned some movie making lessons from Feige and budget ideas from Venom; enough to give them confidence to go ahead alone if they have to. It was going to be weird to have a Spidey/Venom movie while ignoring all the MCU stuff anyway. They got the Toms for two more movies. A solo movie for each, then Spidey/Venom and worry about the future after that. It's going to be very difficult to screw that up in basic money terms IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Story spreading now that Marvel/Disney asked for more of a split after Dark Phoenix flopped. Makes sense

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Story spreading now that Marvel/Disney asked for more of a split after Dark Phoenix flopped. Makes sense
    Disney bought Fox for 71 billions, I am sure they will survive with the 150M Dark Phoenix lost. Also, Dark Phoenix still counts as a Fox movie. Disney just wants to own everything, them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    dark phoenix was still a fox production, not marvel/disney, wasn't it?

i dont see why dark phoenix' performance would be a motivating factor in a deal between disney and sony

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    dark phoenix was still a fox production, not marvel/disney, wasn't it?

i dont see why dark phoenix' performance would be a motivating factor in a deal between disney and sony
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...ider-man-split

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    article le is in the form of a question.

the insinuation is that they decided to let spiderman go so feige can focus on the fox imports. doesn't make sense at all. spiderman is the biggest draw they have.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If Sony does do a spider-verse movie with Garfield and McGuire, which they should, because $$$$$. Then that's how they get around the Avengers thing Hollands spider-man gets transported to one of the other worlds, with no avengers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    If Sony does do a spider-verse movie with Garfield and McGuire, which they should, because $$$$$. Then that's how they get around the Avengers thing Hollands spider-man gets transported to one of the other worlds, with no avengers.
    True. Stick Miles in there if Holland doesn't want to come back after that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney got greedy, plain and simple. Dark Phoenix bombing doesn't change that. No way Sony was going 50/50 on their most valuable franchise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I was just about to say the main MCU has a real dearth of young heroes if they lose Spider-Man. Lo and behold it leaks that Ms. Marvel is being developed for Disney+. Will be interesting if that revives the whole inhumans storyline from Agents of Shield or they go another direction. Terrigen has been in the ocean for five years (I guess ten after Endgame) so Kamala could just get the bad fish oil.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not a huge fan of Holland’s SM after rewatching a few months back. Still haven’t seen the second one.

He doesn’t suck, but its kinda meh. Just a little too goofy. His constant overreacting “oh no” style high pitched voice for every situation gets old pretty quickly.

Thread Information