Texas Longhorns
    I see we're in the "get nobodies so we can underpay them” phase

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I see we're in the "get nobodies so we can underpay them” phase
    I’m not familiar with his work but from what I’ve read he’s a pretty good actor

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I thought Chadwick Boseman was great and all, but Good Lord, he made ONE MOVIE and had like 3 others cameos. It wasn’t like he was an icon who filled the role for decades. Fanboys can be such sensitive little pussies nowadays, just recast the part and move on.
    Idk. That one movie was a game changer. It’s not so easy to just say “recast the part” because of what that one film did and represented on a whole social and cultural level. It’d be like Mark Hamill dying after the first Star Wars. Or Sylvester Stallone dying after the first Rocky. Or Keanu dying after the first Matrix. Could they have been recast? Sure. Would they have been? Maybe. Or would they have rewritten the sequels? Possibly. But it wouldn’t have been simply a “big deal, it was just one movie” decision.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah... Black Panther was the highest grossing non-Avengers film in the MCU, no small feat. and it was a pretty big cultural moment all things considered. was one of the most talked about events/things during its release
    Last edited by spurraider21; 09-14-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah...black americans felt « transformed » after watching BP

what a load of BS, they have nothing in common with Africans and don’t give 2 s about Africa

Neither does Disney, they don’t give a about any black person, they added BP to seal that demographic , so more viewers for their future projects

Oh and BP sucked

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Idk. That one movie was a game changer. It’s not so easy to just say “recast the part” because of what that one film did and represented on a whole social and cultural level. It’d be like Mark Hamill dying after the first Star Wars. Or Sylvester Stallone dying after the first Rocky. Or Keanu dying after the first Matrix. Could they have been recast? Sure. Would they have been? Maybe. Or would they have rewritten the sequels? Possibly. But it wouldn’t have been simply a “big deal, it was just one movie” decision.
    Difference being Black Panther wears a mask. Same reason Batman is constantly recast.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think they'll recast BP. They'll probably push the movie back a year so they don't have to do it so soon after Boseman's death ( they were supposed to start shooting in March of next year).

John David Washington and Yahya Abdul-Mateen (played Black Manta in Aquaman) probably make the most sense tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reportedly, Agents of Shield was going to use MODOK but were told that they couldn't.

He's been linked as the possible villain for Ant-Man 3 for a while now, so there's a chance that both Kang and MODOK are the villain's for Ant-Man 3.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Black Panther is also pre-existing IP. It was around before Chadwick Boseman and will be around after as well. He was the first film portrayal, but he wasn’t an integral part of the character’s creation. Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight was a huge cultural moment as well (maybe not as important as Black Panther, but still massive) but to suggest nobody could ever play Joker again would have been ludicrous.
    I don’t know that we’re talking about the same thing.

Not suggesting no one can “ever” play the T’challa Black Panther again. Just that the very next Black Panther sequel to thIs recent film. If you’re talking about a new film series several years later, I would be open that the character can be recasted and given a new story. But just like Heath Ledger’s Joker, it was 8 years before we saw a new actor and different interpretation of the Joker in film in Suicide Squad and Leto’s performance wasn’t received well. Then 11 years until the new imagination of Phoenix’s Joker.

If you’re suggesting that at some point 7, 8 years down the line, or a decade from now they decide to start over and bring T’challa’s Black Panther to the big screen, sure, a new actor can take on the character. Right now, in this film series, I don’t think it’s happening nor should it. I thought Marvel already indicated that they won’t.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    digital recreation would be in terrible

I think they just have to wait and recast. Maybe not even have him be TChalla, it, say it's a little cousin or somethin that's heir to the throne

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I just don’t see how you do Black Panther without.....you know, Black Panther. If Chris Pine died would JJ Abrams just go “welp here’s Star Trek 4 without Captain Kirk”.
    Black Panther is not one person. Like Green Lantern, there have been multiple people who have been Black Panther. It’s not just T’challa.

We’ve heard ideas for his sister to take over or somehow writing a storyline bringing Killmonger back. Could also shoot 20-25 years in the future where he actually had a son with Nakia. Long lost brother. There are ways to make a Black Panther sequel without T’challa.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Black Panther is not one person. Like Green Lantern, there have been multiple people who have been Black Panther. It’s not just T’challa.

We’ve heard ideas for his sister to take over or somehow writing a storyline bringing Killmonger back. Could also shoot 20-25 years in the future where he actually had a son with Nakia. Long lost brother. There are ways to make a Black Panther sequel without T’challa.
    Can't do that, any further time skip would with Avengers 5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    True. Didn’t even cross my mind. Good point.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Can't do that, any further time skip would with Avengers 5
    Kid's movies are for kids.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Reportedly, Agents of Shield was going to use MODOK but were told that they couldn't.

He's been linked as the possible villain for Ant-Man 3 for a while now, so there's a chance that both Kang and MODOK are the villain's for Ant-Man 3.
    I like both villains but I prefer Kang so I’m ok with that lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I mean Disney has already digitally recreated a dead guy instead of recasting, so maybe they go that route.
    No BP will die off screen

Shuri has been Tchalla’s successor in the comics, they will probably go the same path in the movies

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No BP will die off screen

Shuri has been Tchalla’s successor in the comics, they will probably go the same path in the movies
    Which will suck because now you got two skirts on top of the mcu, which will also suck because both those two actresses are pretty meh. His successor should be evans for one movie and he trains bp's successor, whoever that is, they did that in the comic books anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Guys I've already given the solution to this Black Panther problem.

Shuri takes over as Queen of Wakanda and Killmonger is revealed to have been kept alive at the end of BP. He ALREADY has the now extinct super-herb in his system. And people love a redemption arc if done well. Problem solved. You're welcome Marvel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Nakia is actually a villian in the comics, as is N' Baku. Koogler was likely eventually going to have both turn into the comic versions of themselves and also introduce Storm (who eventually marries T'Challa).

I see three options:

1. Recast T'Challa
    2. Replace with Shuri
    3. Replace with Killmonger.

They'd probably have to push BP back to 2023 to avoid having to announce the recasting in a few months, but that seems like the most likely. Shuri was probably eventually going to be the BP but years down the line. Killmonger is actually an interesting one.

He used the heart shaped herb and burned the rest, so technically he has the powers of the black panther as well as a suit. They could ret-con it to have the heart shaped herb have healing powers that helped save his life. There was a five year gap after the snap, and someone had to take up the mantle, maybe he did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nakia is actually a villian in the comics, as is N' Baku. Koogler was likely eventually going to have both turn into the comic versions of themselves and also introduce Storm (who eventually marries T'Challa).

I see three options:

1. Recast T'Challa
    2. Replace with Shuri
    3. Replace with Killmonger.

They'd probably have to push BP back to 2023 to avoid having to announce the recasting in a few months, but that seems like the most likely. Shuri was probably eventually going to be the BP but years down the line. Killmonger is actually an interesting one.

He used the heart shaped herb and burned the rest, so technically he has the powers of the black panther as well as a suit. They could ret-con it to have the heart shaped herb have healing powers that helped save his life. There was a five year gap after the snap, and someone had to take up the mantle, maybe he did.
    would be pretty weird that all of wakanda's forces joined the battle in endgame without him tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    would be pretty weird that all of wakanda's forces joined the battle in endgame without him tho
    Wasn't the Wakandas at the final battle the ones that were snapped and brought back?

If not then yeah, that's a plot hole but one that people would be willing to overlook. Maybe They could explain that Killmonger stayed in Wakanda to ward off a possible attack from the Submariner and the Atlanteans --assuming that they do go with Namor as the villian for BP2

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the beauty of comic movies is retcons are part of the norm and to be expected

Marvel's earned the benefit of our doubt. I just wish COVID hadn't ed up the release timeline

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wasn't the Wakandas at the final battle the ones that were snapped and brought back?

If not then yeah, that's a plot hole but one that people would be willing to overlook. Maybe They could explain that Killmonger stayed in Wakanda to ward off a possible attack from the Submariner and the Atlanteans --assuming that they do go with Namor as the villian for BP2
    Okoye showed up too, and she had survived the snap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Marvel's earned the benefit of our doubt. I just wish COVID hadn't ed up the release timeline
    lol mo they didn’t earn the bemefit pf the doubt tbh
    There are some cluster sin their resume tbh, they better plan ahead perfectly, fans are less and less forgiving

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Yeah, sounds like Black Widow is going to be delayed to 2021 because of Covid now.

BW, Eternals, Shang Chi, Spider-Man 3, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki will all be released in 2021 though and they'll probably release 5 movies in 2022 tbh.
    Last edited by cd021; 09-16-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Thread Information