Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i hope u're talking about the comic and not that ty movie.
    of course

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i agree completely that the character itself was fantastically written. but imo MBJs acting made him come across as being more bratty than hardened and bitter. he reminded me of nick cannon in that stupid drumming movie.
    Maybe he was a too over-the-top at moments but if you watch it again, look at it from the perspective that his character is over-compensating-- he's not as hard as he seems to be. Instead he's bitter and hurt that his real family-- the royal family of Wakanda--turned his back on him and left him to claw his way out of the gutter.

Thought he nailed the ancestral plane scene, also the sunset scene, which is probably the best moment in the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe he was a too over-the-top at moments but if you watch it again, look at it from the perspective that his character is over-compensating-- he's not as hard as he seems to be. Instead he's bitter and hurt that his real family-- the royal family of Wakanda--turned his back on him and left him to claw his way out of the gutter.

Thought he nailed the ancestral plane scene, also the sunset scene, which is probably the best moment in the movie.
    i thought he had some great moments like the ones you mentioned, then others where he just acted like a straight up childish brat. i just have a hard time believing a war hardened, military brainwashed killing machine would keep the personality of a 14 year old from the ghettos of oakland, mixed with moments of a spoiled brat. but i suppose im in the minority on this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Falcon and WInter Soldier tomorrow

Can't wait tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i assume most movies now are stream online instead at the cinemas?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    i assume most movies now are stream online instead at the cinemas?
    Both

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    That was an interesting first episode and not at all like what I thought it would be like. Didn't expect to see Sam's backstory being one of the main focus. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gotta let this build up tbh. Falcon is boring, and Winter soldier been under utilized since Civil War

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Holy

As a huge fan of Captain America The Winter Soldier, this 1st episode was AMAZING

This 1st episode is much better than the whole WandaVision series, it’s not even a contest

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bucky was interesting, Falcon was boring. First ep was ok. 5/10, move on.

and its not hard to be better than WandaVision. After the first 3 episodes that show went to .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Bucky was interesting, Falcon was boring. First ep was ok. 5/10, move on.

and its not hard to be better than WandaVision. After the first 3 episodes that show went to .
    Oh, did you, totally not racist but just in a crazy coincidence, like the white character and not like the black guy? SHOCKING!!!!

Can’t wait for you to start ing about the SJW agenda in the next episode. We’ve never heard that one before!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Oh, did you, totally not racist but just in a crazy coincidence, like the white character and not like the black guy? SHOCKING!!!!

Can’t wait for you to start ing about the SJW agenda in the next episode. We’ve never heard that one before!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    After the first 3 episodes that show went to .
    Huh?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i know it's not the right thread but looking at all the snyder wanted to do with justice league no wonder everything he touched has been ass, he wanted to kill batman for sake, batman outlives everyone, cause he's batman. They picked one of the worst people possible to bring the franchise to theaters

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

i am sorry i didnt find going to a bank for a loan interesting. I did like all of his fighting scenes at the start... also, why are the avengers not being payed. thats just ty.

Blake
    The first 3 ep were something new and i found that good.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 03-20-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    4/5 tbh

Pretty great opening action sequence to set the tone, and did enough to set the table. Liked the cameo's from Batroc and Rhodey, really makes it feel like a shared universe. They still have a lot of work to do to make Sam and Bucky actual characters instead of plot points and/or ancillary super-hero's there to fill out the roster.

Sam got done real dirty, there at the end and am curios to know more about the head flag smasher--has to be another super-soldier. Looking forward to next week.

Hope they don't drag out Sam and Bucky getting together until episode 3 though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i am sorry i didnt find going to a bank for a loan interesting. I did like all of his fighting scenes at the start... also, why are the avengers not being payed. thats just ty.
    The Sam backstory was necessary for character building, showing how he responds to adversity. The loan scene was an interesting choice though.

I'm always interested in that sort of thing; would've thought Shield paid them but since their no longer around, that's probably not the case.

Also the Sokovia accords probably complicates things with the Avengers supposed to be an international team who takes orders from the U.N. Then half the the team says off an goes on the run after escaping prison before later being dusted and missing 5 years. Would like to think that some of the Avengers uses their likenesses to pay the bills.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Sam backstory was necessary for character building, showing how he responds to adversity. The loan scene was an interesting choice though.

I'm always interested in that sort of thing; would've thought Shield paid them but since their no longer around, that's probably not the case.

Also the Sokovia accords probably complicates things with the Avengers supposed to be an international team who takes orders from the U.N. Then half the the team says off an goes on the run after escaping prison before later being dusted and missing 5 years. Would like to think that some of the Avengers uses their likenesses to pay the bills.
    This is weird for me. Who is Nick Fury and his people working for now? Is Sword kinda going to replace Shield? I assumed Fury will be the leader of Shield, but yea, it looks like its gone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    There's no reason for Sam to be paid an Avenger salary. He was working for the government thru contracts and Stark didn't like him.

In the comics I think it was Janet that paid Avenger salaries. $250k per year in the 80s iirc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There's no reason for Sam to be paid an Avenger salary. He was working for the government thru contracts and Stark didn't like him.

In the comics I think it was Janet that paid Avenger salaries. $250k per year in the 80s iirc
    In the movies falcon was a new avenger, so it makes no sense that Stark who gave a high school kid access to an entire weapons platform didn't have the foresight to fund the Avengers for the future if he didn't make it back from the time heist. It's just bad continuity. Also there's no proof that stark didn't like him in Civil War he went to him to get info on where Rogers was going

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    In the movies falcon was a new avenger, so it makes no sense that Stark who gave a high school kid access to an entire weapons platform didn't have the foresight to fund the Avengers for the future if he didn't make it back from the time heist. It's just bad continuity. Also there's no proof that stark didn't like him in Civil War he went to him to get info on where Rogers was going
    I guess Stark didn't hate him really except that he blasted him after he said "sorry" when Rhodes went down in civil war

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess Stark didn't hate him really except that he blasted him after he said "sorry" when Rhodes went down in civil war
    yeah but in the very next scene they're together he walks up to sam and tells him that he was wrong and asks for his help. They don't ever interact again. Also Vision was the one that knocked rhodes out of the sky and Stark never had problems with paying him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    yeah but in the very next scene they're together he walks up to sam and tells him that he was wrong and asks for his help. They don't ever interact again. Also Vision was the one that knocked rhodes out of the sky and Stark never had problems with paying him.
    There it is. Why would there be a presumption that Stark should be paying him in the MCU?

It would have been the right thing for Stark to do but I don't see there being a logical requirement for it. I mean he loved Peter so I get him supplying him.
    Last edited by Blake; 03-20-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There it is. Why would there be a presumption that Stark should be paying him in the MCU?

It would have been the right thing for Stark to do but I don't see there being a logical requirement for it. I mean he loved Peter so I get him supplying him.
    Did i say paying him or paying the avengers? Do the avengers just not exist anymore? He was already funding them before while retired why would it stop after his death

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Did i say paying him or paying the avengers? Do the avengers just not exist anymore? He was already funding them before while retired why would it stop after his death
    Eh, I got that he was funding the facilities and the missions. Yeah, I guess at least per diem could be implied

Thread Information