Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He didn't do solo flights Riley getting shot down is why he dropped out of the military. If they wanted to make a story line about preserving legacy that was the whole point of the shield and who carries it, even though it's a different shield, didn't need a boat for that. The boat was filler and not needed. I don't even think the shield has negative history I don't know what you mean when you say that, even in the comics Bradley recognized it for it's power as a symbol he gets arrested for putting it on. His entire family arc was a waste
    I forgot about Riley, though I don't think they ever said that's why he left the military. That's a bit obvious. Its not entirely about the actual shield, it's about what it represents. Captain America was created as a super-soldier to fight against the Nazi's and the Red Skull. He used that shield and it became an iconic symbol--as did the mantel of Captain America--, it doesn't matter if that isn't technically the same shield, even though it kinda is considering that Cap probably jacked it from another timeline.

After Rodgers was believed to have died the government tried to recreate the serum, and by extension another Captain America, by experimenting on black soldiers. Some soldiers got captured and Bradley broke out and rescued them but was tossed in prison for 30 years and experimented on for doing the exact same thing that Rodgers did.

After Sam was given the shield and he decided to give it up and put it in a museum, with the government's encouragement, they then immediate decided to take it out and give it to some white guy. It supports Bradley's belief that they'd never let a black man be Captain America and that the government sees black people as disposable and less than because they were willing experiment on them in the first place.

Technically, the only reason why Sam became Captain America was because Bucky and Sam took it from him and it seems like Walker never told the government who had it. Also, they couldn't just take it back because they don't technically own it. We can't go off the comic's, in the show Bradley doesn't even want to look at the shield because he's disgusted my it.

The boat wasn't filler, it fits his storyline pretty well. It shows his stubbornness to hold onto tradition and the importance of legacy to him. He gave up the shield to preserve its legacy. Upon meeting Bradley, his world view changes and he suddenly believes that the shields may not be worth preserving because of what it represents and what it upholds. After his second meeting, he become pessimistic about becoming Captain America after taking the shield from Walker.

Time passes, and he gets more time to reflect on what it would mean to be a black Captain America while working on the boat with Bucky. As they repair the boat, their repairing its legacy. He decides that he can repair the legacy of the mantle and the shield by taking them up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I forgot about Riley, though I don't think they ever said that's why he left the military. That's a bit obvious. Its not entirely about the actual shield, it's about what it represents. Captain America was created as a super-soldier to fight against the Nazi's and the Red Skull. He used that shield and it became an iconic symbol--as did the mantel of Captain America--, it doesn't matter if that isn't technically the same shield, even though it kinda is considering that Cap probably jacked it from another timeline.

After Rodgers was believed to have died the government tried to recreate the serum, and by extension another Captain America, by experimenting on black soldiers. Some soldiers got captured and Bradley broke out and rescued them but was tossed in prison for 30 years and experimented on for doing the exact same thing that Rodgers did.

After Sam was given the shield and he decided to give it up and put it in a museum, with the government's encouragement, they then immediate decided to take it out and give it to some white guy. It supports Bradley's belief that they'd never let a black man be Captain America and that the government sees black people as disposable and less than because they were willing experiment on them in the first place.

Technically, the only reason why Sam became Captain America was because Bucky and Sam took it from him and it seems like Walker never told the government who had it. Also, they couldn't just take it back because they don't technically own it. We can't go off the comic's, in the show Bradley doesn't even want to look at the shield because he's disgusted my it.

The boat wasn't filler, it fits his storyline pretty well. It shows his stubbornness to hold onto tradition and the importance of legacy to him. He gave up the shield to preserve its legacy. Upon meeting Bradley, his world view changes and he suddenly believes that the shields may not be worth preserving because of what it represents and what it upholds. After his second meeting, he become pessimistic about becoming Captain America after taking the shield from Walker.

Time passes, and he gets more time to reflect on what it would mean to be a black Captain America while working on the boat with Bucky. As they repair the boat, their repairing its legacy. He decides that he can repair the legacy of the mantle and the shield by taking them up.
    Yes he absolutely says why he left, and no in the comics Bradley does the same thing but gets jailed for putting on cap's uni when he saves the other super soldiers. Thats how he became black captain america

That doesn't make any sense there's no need to repair the legacy of the mantle or the shield.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes he absolutely says why he left, and no in the comics Bradley does the same thing but gets jailed for putting on cap's uni when he saves the other super soldiers. Thats how he became black captain america

That doesn't make any sense there's no need to repair the legacy of the mantle or the shield.
    Its not relevant what happens in the comics if the shows does something different. In the show he didn't get jailed for putting on the uni, he got jailed for disobeying orders. He literary did the same thing that Rodgers did but was severely punished while Rodgers was rewarded.

The mantle and shield's legacy was damaged in the eyes of Sam, the hand-picked successor to Rodgers, when he found out about Bradley's story. It was damaged internationally with the actions of Walker. Torez even said that what Walker did was "Like a really big deal". With dozens of people filming, it also likely went viral and caused it to spread further faster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Don’t really like WandaVision so far. I thought the corny sitcom format was more of a part-time red herring and not literally the entire show. It makes it so 95% of the show is stupid unfunny sitcom gags and then 30 seconds of actually moving the story forward. Thumbs down so far but I’m still in for at least one more week.
    i just got through episode 2. feel the same way so far

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just skip to the last 3 episodes lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just finished episode 6. Show picked up quite a bit after the end of ep 3

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Just finished episode 6. Show picked up quite a bit after the end of ep 3
    It certainly gets around to the actual plot. I'll be interested to read your thoughts after you finish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    finished episode 8 of WV. the series really picked up, but wow that last episode was just an exposition-fest

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The final episode’s post credit scene leads to Doctor Strange 2

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Thoughts? This is my fear regarding where the MCU is at right now, although I have less misogynistic leanings and I never thought Thor took a backseat in Ragnarok lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    the Widow and Panther 2 movies are intriguing.

Was a bit underwhelmed with the first Captain Marvel movie although the supporting cast was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I’m looking forward to BW movie tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m looking forward to BW movie tbh
    Me too, but I agree with the vid it shoulda been released between IW movies.

I think BW movie will set the stage...if it's a pleasant surprise like Ant Man that'll be really good momentum moving forward.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Thoughts? This is my fear regarding where the MCU is at right now, although I have less misogynistic leanings and I never thought Thor took a backseat in Ragnarok lol.
    I'm not watching some click baity video but Marvel lost 3 out of their top 5 male leads, and Thor didn't take a backseat in Ragnarok, that's stupid, they devoted some extra time to Hela which was good, and Valk which was meh, but no he didn't take a back seat. I'm not looking forward to BW she was easily my least favorite og Avenger and her best role was always side kick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    finished episode 8 of WV. the series really picked up, but wow that last episode was just an exposition-fest
    finished the season

i thought episodes 1-2 were slow. the old time sitcom thing was a gimmick that wore its welcome. episodes 3-7 were significantly more interesting. 8 was an exposition slog. 9 was... ok. my problem with wanda in this show, and to an extent, the MCU, is that her powers (and agatha's) are so undefined that its hard to really get invested in the action sequences. i thought the dialogue between visions was a good touch, though. i also dont know how anybody including even wanda could give a about those kids that she knew for like 2 days and didnt actually raise

and i guess she's gotta be even more of a fugitive now

hoping that falcon and winter soldier is able to give 2 woefully underwritten/underdeveloped characters something to work off of going forward

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    finished the season

i thought episodes 1-2 were slow. the old time sitcom thing was a gimmick that wore its welcome. episodes 3-7 were significantly more interesting. 8 was an exposition slog. 9 was... ok. my problem with wanda in this show, and to an extent, the MCU, is that her powers (and agatha's) are so undefined that its hard to really get invested in the action sequences. i thought the dialogue between visions was a good touch, though. i also dont know how anybody including even wanda could give a about those kids that she knew for like 2 days and didnt actually raise

and i guess she's gotta be even more of a fugitive now
    Agree about the fungible powers. I thought the MCU did a pretty good job defining how "magic" worked for characters like the Doctor Strange group, Thor's group and even the AoS/Agent Carter Darkhold/force stuff. , the Infinity Stones are just magic MacGuffins and they make sense if you don't squint at them too long. I hope making female heroes overpowered is just a fad the studios get out of their systems soon because it's a creative dead end.

That said, overpowered Wanda is interesting because she's objectively a monster now. As much as Agatha was pulling strings, Wanda knew she was enslaving thousands of innocent people instead of seeing a psychiatrist. Even Clint's murder spree therapy was healthier that this. Now she's getting even more powerful by reading the Darkhold. That knowledge led to disaster in AoS, so I'm interested that they brought it to the forefront now and if any of that backstory that includes Robbie Reyes and others will be acknowledged.

hoping that falcon and winter soldier is able to give 2 woefully underwritten/underdeveloped characters something to work off of going forward
    I predict you'll be maybe 1/3 satisfied.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 05-17-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Agree about the fungible powers. I thought the MCU did a pretty good job defining how "magic" worked for characters like the Doctor Strange group, Thor's group and even the AoS/Agent Carter Darkhold/force stuff. , the Infinity Stones are just magic MacGuffins and they make sense if you don't squint at them too long. I hope making female heroes overpowered is just a fad the studios get out of their systems soon because it's a creative dead end.

That said, overpowered Wanda is interesting because she's objectively a monster now. As much as Agatha was pulling strings, Wanda knew she was enslaving thousands of innocent people instead of seeing a psychiatrist. Even Clint's murder spree therapy was healthier that this. Now she's getting even more powerful by reading the Darkhold. That knowledge led to disaster in AoS, so I'm interested that they brought it to the forefront now and if any of that backstory that includes Robbie Reyes and others will be acknowledged.

I predict you'll be maybe 1/3 satisfied.
    i dont know that it matters they are female... but yeah having those OP characters makes their stories less interesting. though te ally Wanda should be a glass cannon, as i dont know she has any superhuman endurance or recovery. captian marvel tho... i dno. seems like nothing short of infinity gems can top her at this point.

to be fair, Vision was pretty OP until they basically had to have him get surprise attacked by that spear guy that rendered him nearly powerless through some magic mumbo jumbo

wanda has too much "dark phoenix" going on as well with her rage/explosions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I've just noticed it more with female characters in the movies. TV shows have been pretty hamfisted with needlessly juicing their heroes, male and female. I do agree about Vision, but he had to be that powerful to defeat Ultron. They touched on robofeels being his Achilles' heel before slicing him up a treat. He ultimately didn't fully understand himself so he knew exile was an even more attractive option than just avoiding the law. That made so much more sense than Carol's "I had to do for twenty years" sidelining. New Viz could be cool because he's obviously nerfed without the mind stone but has all these layers of programming he has to integrate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I've just noticed it more with female characters in the movies. TV shows have been pretty hamfisted with needlessly juicing their heroes, male and female. I do agree about Vision, but he had to be that powerful to defeat Ultron. They touched on robofeels being his Achilles' heel before slicing him up a treat. He ultimately didn't fully understand himself so he knew exile was an even more attractive option than just avoiding the law. That made so much more sense than Carol's "I had to do for twenty years" sidelining. New Viz could be cool because he's obviously nerfed without the mind stone but has all these layers of programming he has to integrate.
    oh its definitely more common with the female characters... Wanda and Danvers are the most powerful existing Avengers. i think if Thor got back into shape he could push for it. otherwise Dr. Strange has shown to be impressive but he couldn't really hold off Thanos in IW, and it was said in wandavision that the scarlet witch is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme

hulk seems pretty nerfed at this point too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i dont know that it matters they are female... but yeah having those OP characters makes their stories less interesting. though te ally Wanda should be a glass cannon, as i dont know she has any superhuman endurance or recovery. captian marvel tho... i dno. seems like nothing short of infinity gems can top her at this point.

to be fair, Vision was pretty OP until they basically had to have him get surprise attacked by that spear guy that rendered him nearly powerless through some magic mumbo jumbo

wanda has too much "dark phoenix" going on as well with her rage/explosions
    yea they nerfed Vision and Hulk badly in IW, sucks.

SW's powers are kinda weird, that's why they need a Dr. Strange, christopher Nolan type action sequence to do it right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    its admittedly tough to have good stories when your characters have world-busting powers. its why spiderman has always been a very compelling hero. or batman. even ironman in the movies (though i didnt care for the nano-stuff because it makes his abilities pretty nebulous)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not MCU but all episodes come out tommorow early reviews are pretty positive

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lolwut

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    And that's why it's on Hulu

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not MCU but all episodes come out tommorow early reviews are pretty positive

CLICKBAIT lmao
    this looks really silly i'll save to binge when it's over

I been binging Harley Quinn cartoon and it's easily the best DC material I've seen in this modern era. Funny, sharp, moves fast, never keeps you bored. Great voice acting. Very Venture Bros-esque.

Thread Information