Page 125 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    We finally got that backstory and boy was it some real messed up . Great epi.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So they've teased enough times now that there is at least a third personality. I thought that would've been the episode to reveal it, but I guess not.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how Moon Knight fits into the overall Marvel Universe (or if it really needs to), but Oscar Isaac has done an awesome job with the character(s).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Not really clear yet just what all his powers are and what he can do here.

Obviously, advanced human strength and stamina, healing powers and can throw a bunch of little daggers at once

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    So they've teased enough times now that there is at least a third personality. I thought that would've been the episode to reveal it, but I guess not.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how Moon Knight fits into the overall Marvel Universe (or if it really needs to), but Oscar Isaac has done an awesome job with the character(s).
    I was kinda expecting Jake Lockley to come charging in and save the day at the end of the episode. But I still like how it played out.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    what if? appears to definitely be cannon now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was kinda expecting Jake Lockley to come charging in and save the day at the end of the episode. But I still like how it played out.
    I think we've seen Jake Lockley a few times throughout the show already. Pretty sure the verson with the broken nose last episode was jake for example. Also the guy who killed the bunch of thugs on that hill in Egypt where Marc and Steven blamed each other for killing them for a moment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I think we've seen Jake Lockley a few times throughout the show already. Pretty sure the verson with the broken nose last episode was jake for example. Also the guy who killed the bunch of thugs on that hill in Egypt where Marc and Steven blamed each other for killing them for a moment.
    Yup, there were definitely signs of him laid out in the show. I would've just liked to see him make his on screen appearance sooner. I do wonder when exactly Marc manifested the Jake personality. My guess would be to help deal with the trauma of being Khonshu's assassin/executioner.

Hopefully they'll make a season 2/movie announcement soon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There will be a second season for sure. They set up Leyla who will play a bigger part and I think they'll dive deeper into Jake next season. Don't see it as a movie though.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    so now that Raimi did this generic cgi fest, can some studio give him a movie he actually wants to make... I did like the bruce campbell role in the movie, but other than that its just soulless . No Way home still by far the best thing from phase 4.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I do love that raimi did a lot of raimi , but it was decent enough. Hate that we didn't get more of a witchcraft vs sorcery beat, and the whole illuminati bit was a real unnecessary "subvert expectations" part of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup, there were definitely signs of him laid out in the show. I would've just liked to see him make his on screen appearance sooner. I do wonder when exactly Marc manifested the Jake personality. My guess would be to help deal with the trauma of being Khonshu's assassin/executioner.

Hopefully they'll make a season 2/movie announcement soon.
    Definitely, I think that they hinted that the reason why he got discharged from the military was because of Jake Lockley but it was called a Feuge state. That lead to him joining up with Bushmaster and lead to him being shot and then accepting Khonshu.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There will be a second season for sure. They set up Leyla who will play a bigger part and I think they'll dive deeper into Jake next season. Don't see it as a movie though.
    They sort of left her hanging, seemingly hinting at more. Agreed. I definitely want another season instead of a movie, 4 hours is better to flesh out a character and a story than 2 hours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually liked Dr. Strange though it did gloss over some things and sort of made Wong look like a bad sorcerer supreme. Actually, really liked that they made Wanda the villain, kind of ballsy tbh. Still wish that they had her and Dr. Strange actually fight but they subverted that expectation, like at the end of the first movie.

I thought the inclusion of the illuminati was a clever way of introducing the idea of the Fantastic Four, The Inhumans, and the X-Men. I sort of didn't like that 616 Mordo didn't have a role, they teased him at the end Dr. Strange in 2016 but still haven't done anything with him. Are they really saving him for D3 in like 2025?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I actually liked Dr. Strange though it did gloss over some things and sort of made Wong look like a bad sorcerer supreme. Actually, really liked that they made Wanda the villain, kind of ballsy tbh. Still wish that they had her and Dr. Strange actually fight but they subverted that expectation, like at the end of the first movie.

I thought the inclusion of the illuminati was a clever way of introducing the idea of the Fantastic Four, The Inhumans, and the X-Men. I sort of didn't like that 616 Mordo didn't have a role, they teased him at the end Dr. Strange in 2016 but still haven't done anything with him. Are they really saving him for D3 in like 2025?
    I kinda get why we didn't see SW and Strange trade blows, Wanda was just too powerful for proper fun match-up against any single Sorcerer.

I doubt we'll see Mordo again. I think he was originally suppose to be the villian of D2, before Fiege and Co. abandoned that storyline and went with Wanda and the Multiverse angle. And the post credit scene sets-up D3 to dive deeper into Multiverse with Clea and uncle Dormammu.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I kinda get why we didn't see SW and Strange trade blows, Wanda was just too powerful for proper fun match-up against any single Sorcerer.

I doubt we'll see Mordo again. I think he was originally suppose to be the villian of D2, before Fiege and Co. abandoned that storyline and went with Wanda and the Multiverse angle. And the post credit scene sets-up D3 to dive deeper into Multiverse with Clea and uncle Dormammu.

I guess that makes sense, and they sort of used the Scarlett Witch as if she was Michael Myers or Jason, an unstoppable threat. Really the only reason why she was stopped was because her kids saw her as a monster and she realized that she ed up.

Probably, though that's still kind of weird, isn't Mordo Stranges' arch villain? He wasn't ever actually much of a villain in the MCU despite the tease at the end of Dr. Strange 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Next time whe the multiverse is at stake how about bringing in the avengers...
    Im sure this is a great movie for little kids that dont have brains to think, but if u do think about it, its horrible. Probably just as bad as Endgame.
    Visuals, acting and music is very good, but it doesnt help if the story is a 1/10.
    Also cant believe how Strange was pretty ok with Wanda imprisoning a whole town, just cause he knew, she gonna do the right thing in the end.. lol no, lock the up, you dumb .
    And if u miss those kids that are not real, how about just get a date and get ed, instead of being such a poblem.
    Theres also a lot of "wow they made wanda a villain" comments i saw. Looks like lots of people didnt watch wandavision then, cause if u watch that and dont think of her as a giant villain, you re ing re ed.

btw, i think the movie is entertaining and probably should be watched in imax... but i just do not like the story at all.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 05-09-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Next time whe the multiverse is at stake how about bringing in the avengers...
    Im sure this is a great movie for little kids that dont have brains to think, but if u do think about it, its horrible. Probably just as bad as Endgame.
    Visuals, acting and music is very good, but it doesnt help if the story is a 1/10.
    Also cant believe how Strange was pretty ok with Wanda imprisoning a whole town, just cause he knew, she gonna do the right thing in the end.. lol no, lock the up, you dumb .
    And if u miss those kids that are not real, how about just get a date and get ed, instead of being such a poblem.
    Theres also a lot of "wow they made wanda a villain" comments i saw. Looks like lots of people didnt watch wandavision then, cause if u watch that and dont think of her as a giant villain, you re ing re ed.

btw, i think the movie is entertaining and probably should be watched in imax... but i just do not like the story at all.
    -Dr. Strange went to Wanda specifically because she understood witchcraft, he didn't realize that she was the one who sent the monster after America. Point taken though about him giving her a pass about Westview though.

-He didn't involve the other avengers because their scattered and he didn't have time to, Cap, BW, and Iron Man are dead, He doesn't remember that he knows Spiderman, Falcon might've been overseas, Thor, and that GOTG are off world, Ant-Man and the Wasp are on the other side of the country etc. That tracks.

-Her kids are real, that's the point, dreams are a view into the multi-verse, she dreamt about her kids so that's how she knew that they were real. They actually explained that part pretty well.

-Agreed, her villain turn wasn't out of nowhere, I think the bigger disconnect was that the previews made it seem like it was a mystical team up and she wasn't the real villain. Instead, she was full on the bad guy, and with no cop outs. In WV, she didn't realize that she started the hex, but then figured it out and wanted to keep her life because she knew that she had no family left in the real world. That at least is some understandable character motivation.

Her character motivation is essentially the same but in MoM her judgment is clouded by the darkhold which straight turns her into a monster. Its not the best writing i've ever seen but it's passable and the acting and direction make it good tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MoM was pretty good. It was essentially just a Dark Phoenix plot - a character gets a huge power upgrade and goes crazy. I think the bigger problem is that I'm just getting tired of Marvel movies/shows. The inclusion of Reed Richards and Professor X just made kind of a shrug moment for me. Nothing is really exciting or surprising any more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    MoM is the best phase 4 movie so far

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    MoM is the best phase 4 movie so far
    I thought No Way Home was better, personally. But I enjoyed both

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I thought No Way Home was better, personally. But I enjoyed both
    I didn't really care for No Way Home and I like Far From Home better tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    MoM - 6.5/10

Fun popcorn flick but nothing special beyond the fx. It was like watching nightmare on elm street with a bit of Friday the 13th.

'Everything, everywhere all at once' did a better job with the multiverse on about a tenth of the budget.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    -Dr. Strange went to Wanda specifically because she understood witchcraft, he didn't realize that she was the one who sent the monster after America. Point taken though about him giving her a pass about Westview though.

-He didn't involve the other avengers because their scattered and he didn't have time to, Cap, BW, and Iron Man are dead, He doesn't remember that he knows Spiderman, Falcon might've been overseas, Thor, and that GOTG are off world, Ant-Man and the Wasp are on the other side of the country etc. That tracks.

-Her kids are real, that's the point, dreams are a view into the multi-verse, she dreamt about her kids so that's how she knew that they were real. They actually explained that part pretty well.

-Agreed, her villain turn wasn't out of nowhere, I think the bigger disconnect was that the previews made it seem like it was a mystical team up and she wasn't the real villain. Instead, she was full on the bad guy, and with no cop outs. In WV, she didn't realize that she started the hex, but then figured it out and wanted to keep her life because she knew that she had no family left in the real world. That at least is some understandable character motivation.

Her character motivation is essentially the same but in MoM her judgment is clouded by the darkhold which straight turns her into a monster. Its not the best writing i've ever seen but it's passable and the acting and direction make it good tbh.
    - Dr Strange should not trust Wanda, as he knows there is witchcraft going on and she is the only witch he knows about. He also knows about Westview, so he's too smart to know she is not to be trusted. But ok, cause Wanda would find America Chavez either way, even if Strange did not tell Wanda where they are keeping her.

- NY was just under attack, there a people dead and a part of the city is destroyed, by a giant octopus. I am sure Nick Fury should know about this. They were pretty informed about whats going on in the world when Mysterio was going around, so them not being on top of things in NY should not be possible. Also, Strange making a joke about ''the Mohawk archer'', was pretty stupid to me, cause Clint was actually a friend of Wanda, and would actually be a great edition to help... Also, doesnt Fury have a direct link with Captain Marvel? This is not just a universe danger, like Thanos, this is multiverse. Everyone should be informed.... I also know the real reason why they are not in the movie, as it would just be another Avengers movie, but idk, perhaps make America come into the universe and immediately go into another with strange before anyone would notice.

- Wanda's kids are not real. Kids from another Wanda in another reality are real. Also, Wanda should know what would happen if she tries to replace those kids real mother. Did she really have to see the kids cry for their real mother to see what she's doing is ed up.

I also have a question, cause i can see you're pretty good with the MCU stuff. When Wanda is trapped in the mirror dimension, how does she get out? Wasnt it said in Strange 1, that if u're trapped in there u can't get out without the sling ring. I don't remember this.

Oh and i forgot to say this, but i do not like the ending where all it takes for America to control her power is a motivation speech. Really? No other Strange told her, to believe in herself... That was pretty stupid to me. I'd rather see her realize that on her own, while Wanda is killing Strange and Wong, or even somehow get to her mothers and then that would just make her snap....

So yea, the movie is entertaining and some scenes look nice, but i really think the writing since Civil War has been below average, and thats why i am disappointed, cause I know they can do it, but i guess they rather just put out generic movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    - Dr Strange should not trust Wanda, as he knows there is witchcraft going on and she is the only witch he knows about. He also knows about Westview, so he's too smart to know she is not to be trusted. But ok, cause Wanda would find America Chavez either way, even if Strange did not tell Wanda where they are keeping her.

- NY was just under attack, there a people dead and a part of the city is destroyed, by a giant octopus. I am sure Nick Fury should know about this. They were pretty informed about whats going on in the world when Mysterio was going around, so them not being on top of things in NY should not be possible. Also, Strange making a joke about ''the Mohawk archer'', was pretty stupid to me, cause Clint was actually a friend of Wanda, and would actually be a great edition to help... Also, doesnt Fury have a direct link with Captain Marvel? This is not just a universe danger, like Thanos, this is multiverse. Everyone should be informed.... I also know the real reason why they are not in the movie, as it would just be another Avengers movie, but idk, perhaps make America come into the universe and immediately go into another with strange before anyone would notice.

- Wanda's kids are not real. Kids from another Wanda in another reality are real. Also, Wanda should know what would happen if she tries to replace those kids real mother. Did she really have to see the kids cry for their real mother to see what she's doing is ed up.

I also have a question, cause i can see you're pretty good with the MCU stuff. When Wanda is trapped in the mirror dimension, how does she get out? Wasnt it said in Strange 1, that if u're trapped in there u can't get out without the sling ring. I don't remember this.

Oh and i forgot to say this, but i do not like the ending where all it takes for America to control her power is a motivation speech. Really? No other Strange told her, to believe in herself... That was pretty stupid to me. I'd rather see her realize that on her own, while Wanda is killing Strange and Wong, or even somehow get to her mothers and then that would just make her snap....

So yea, the movie is entertaining and some scenes look nice, but i really think the writing since Civil War has been below average, and thats why i am disappointed, cause I know they can do it, but i guess they rather just put out generic movies.

Westview wasn't done on purpose and his whole thing was from his perspective when she realized that she fixed it

This movie takes place in like 2 days, and by the time they learn about the extent of her plan there's no way to contact fury, and i thought the whole Skrull reveal at the end of ffh was to establish that the real nick fury wouldn't have been taken for a fool by mysterio as skrull one. Mysterio was full of

That was the extent of her corruption everything the audience knew she couldn't even figure out on her own

Strange got out of the mirror dimension in NWH without a sling ring

"No other Strange told her, to believe in herself"

That was the whole point of his character being the only Strange to realize he doesn't need to be the one "holding the knife" also her mothers are probably dead because christine says if someone from the wrong universe stays than an incursion happens. so her mom and her universe should be gone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Strange got out of the mirror dimension in no way home by Ned opening the portal. So they should stick to established rules.
    Also, when they had to defeat thanos, strange should have go for the bull book that can make u beat anything... now i know, perhaps he did not read the book about that book, but i find that hard to believe when the guy was reading hundred of books in strange 1. He was reading while sleeping, so i find it hard to believe he did not read that stuff.
    And what were the dreams before multiverse got opened in Loki. Did people not dream before that.
    There is also no way there was no one in 72 universes to tell America, "you can do it".
    Wanda also needs a lot of time killing a person. And killng herself was also not needed at all.
    Well, Wong should also be dead, cause falling from the sky and making a stupid side portal wont help u speed down. So sorry, you re dead in that taxi. And if that somehow doesnt kill u, falling down the moutain sure does.
    I expect sorcerers to use portale much better. Like, just use it to transport the octopus in sahara, instead of fighting it close range.

Thread Information