Page 110 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So they merged He Who Remains and Kang?

Or is He Who Remains a variant of Kang?

Either way, he was goofy and annoying AF tbh…….

By the way, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Loki will be on Multiverse Of Madness.
    He Who Remains was supposed to be slightly insane. I thought it was written and acted well.

I think it was meant to be annoying, and the goofy part was about the same tone as the rest of the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    was it ever explained why infinity stones dont work in the TVA? especially if those whole thing was just started by one human on earth in the 31st century or w/e. how could a human have the power/technology to nullify an infinity stone?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    was it ever explained why infinity stones dont work in the TVA? especially if those whole thing was just started by one human on earth in the 31st century or w/e. how could a human have the power/technology to nullify an infinity stone?
    The only thing I could think of was that this place existed outside the universe where the laws of science don't apply the same way.

But then you get hit with the stick to go to the end of time and your powers work again.

I guess..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The TVA exists outside the normal flow of time. I'm not sure they gave any other explanation than that. But I don't think you can dismiss Kang as just a human. This version of him is probably millions of years old.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The TVA exists outside the normal flow of time. I'm not sure they gave any other explanation than that. But I don't think you can dismiss Kang as just a human. This version of him is probably millions of years old.
    He said he was just some dude from 31sr century or whatever. And he still used tempads to get around lol. That tech probably came about during his research into other universes. They never established that he was supernatural or whatever. That’s my problem with how the finale was written. No real closure or explanation to anything

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It was a long, drawn out episode that said a lot without really saying much
    Last edited by Blake; 07-16-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He said he was just some dude from 31sr century or whatever. And he still used tempads to get around lol. That tech probably came about during his research into other universes. They never established that he was supernatural or whatever. That’s my problem with how the finale was written. No real closure or explanation to anything
    He isn't supernatural, but neither are the people in the TVA and I'm pretty sure Renslayer said she and Mobius had been working together for a couple millennia. It's all technology-based I assume.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He isn't supernatural, but neither are the people in the TVA and I'm pretty sure Renslayer said she and Mobius had been working together for a couple millennia. It's all technology-based I assume.
    Tech to create a place that renders infinity stones useless. These were supposed to be ultimate sources of power in existence

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tech to create a place that renders infinity stones useless. These were supposed to be ultimate sources of power in existence
    well that was also under the impression that there was only one universe. multiple universes existing kinda changes everything and opens doors to a lot of new things

tbh I don't think we should expect full closure or explanation just yet since they probably have like 10 more years of this stuff planned

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Likely just a typical Marvel “hey this would be kinda funny!” gag that they didn’t think through all the way, then it gets overanalyzed until they have to invent some ridiculous logic to explain it down the road.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    well that was also under the impression that there was only one universe. multiple universes existing kinda changes everything and opens doors to a lot of new things

tbh I don't think we should expect full closure or explanation just yet since they probably have like 10 more years of this stuff planned
    we already saw the avengers use infinity stones from other timelines within their own

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah there's a lot of conjecture here based on one appearance and a few details from the comics. If Kang is to be the next Thanos-level villain for Marvel over the next few years, then we'll get a lot more information later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jonathan Majors Nabbed 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' Role Thanks to 'Loki' (thewrap.com)

Interesting, so Majors wasn't originally going to play Kang but just "He Who Remains". They were so impressed by his performance that they went back and made his character also a version of Kang. That's why he got announced as Kang the Conqueror like 2 years ahead Ant-Man 3.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The final few minutes put the spotlight on Jonathan Majors' MCU debut, with the actor explaining what he brought to the table as He Who Remains. Revealing that "the Wizard of Oz, Sunset Boulevard, Citizen Kane, [and] Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" were among the pop culture references he turned to for inspiration, Majors adds that he was looking to tap into "The archetype of the wizard and what happens to him when he gets bored and becomes a trickster."
    "I think when we meet He Who Remains he's on the borderline of those two things. You don't really know where he's at and I think the ambiguity of that is one of the wicked things about it."
    "He Who Remains has lived forever," Majors continued. "One of the great things I got to experience with our costume designer is that every piece we decided on was from a different place. The cape I had on was from the Victorian era. The shoes were from Genghis Khan. The pants from Mongolia, etc. You just mix and match it together and it informs the character."
    While we know that the actor will play one of the Kang Variants in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, he went on to tease how any other versions we meet could differ from He Who Remains.
    "I think with He Who Remains, the objective for me was to give me the largest canvas possible. From that, as Kang begins to rear his head and do his deeds, in many ways, he has no choice but to be in opposition or be different from He Who Remains," the Loki star explained. "That was the thing that grabbed me and pulled me into the role. Kang lives in so many iterations as He Who Remains says: 'Reincarnation, baby.'"
    In other words, it sounds like we should expect Kang to be a vastly different character to He Who Remains; he'd clearly lost his mind during the countless lifetimes he spent ruling the TVA, and given how frightened he was of his Variants...well, something tells us those Kangs won't be quite as affable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Apparently Wanda-Vision and Loki sync's up perfectly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Both endings leading perfectly to the next MCU movies
    Can't wait

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

thats pretty in legit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

cant you do this with literally any show? get a clip as long as the loki clip and say they perfectly synch?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cant you do this with literally any show? get a clip as long as the loki clip and say they perfectly synch?
    The lightning during her hand movement was a little too close to ignore, but we are def reaching the point where the internet nerdboys are gonna play movies backwards to get clues about where the next phase is going

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The lightning during her hand movement was a little too close to ignore, but we are def reaching the point where the internet nerdboys are gonna play movies backwards to get clues about where the next phase is going

but how would you know those events were concurrent, or that her hand movements were in any way actually happening at the same time as that conversation? if anything they were having at very different times. its a pretty wide reach tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

but how would you know those events were concurrent, or that her hand movements were in any way actually happening at the same time as that conversation? if anything they were having at very different times. its a pretty wide reach tbh
    Agatha saying do you realize what you've done, the ominous nature of that moment fit pretty well with the loki scene tone at that moment imo. Just imo

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

That's ing idiotic, kang exists out of time so scarlett witch becoming scarlett witch both already happened and didn't happen yet when he said that.
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 07-22-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    TCU Horned Frogs
    I celebrate Marvel's entire catalog.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sure, though this seems too synced to be a coincidence. His mannerisms when Wanda was becoming the Scarlet Witch feels like something. Especially considering she plays a big part in the Multiverse of Madness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

For all we know, it is concurrent. Loki does state he has no idea how much time has past since New York. The entire show could take place the course of years while Wanda-Vision takes place three weeks after End-Game. Maybe when they meet Kang, Kang senses that something is up.

That's ing idiotic, kang exists out of time so scarlett witch becoming scarlett witch both already happened and didn't happen yet when he said that.
    Does Kang exist out of time? His death occurred near the end time but he said that his variants were coming even though he defeated them thousands of years before. Loki gets transported back to the TVA afterwards and the time got changed there too.

Thread Information