Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    won't be a better fit once Harden enters choke mode and they need someone to create shots.
    Except Parsons doesn't create shots. They will need a PG for that.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    i know. i was responding to Sook, who is upset at Parsons leaving, while i've been arguing Ariza fits just fine anyway
    Parsons was not going to be content with being the third option with the Rockets. Complaining about shots last year so he could get a contract.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Except Parsons doesn't create shots. They will need a PG for that.
    It's an early season sample size, but so far he has done a solid job in Dallas of creating shots for both himself and others. But tbh with the superior coaching and superior overall balance of talent, it may be easier to do it in Dallas also. It's probably not particularly easy to do when you have a moron for a coach, a ballhog chucker SG, and a big man who can't even hit a 10 foot jumper consistently and clogs the paint up.

Either way, we need more time to really see what Parsons is going to be all about in this system, but so far, it appears to suit him very well. He has lots of open space to work with and make things happen.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's an early season sample size, but so far he has done a solid job in Dallas of creating shots for both himself and others. But tbh with the superior coaching and superior overall balance of talent, it may be easier to do it in Dallas also. It's probably not particularly easy to do when you have a moron for a coach, a ballhog chucker SG, and a big man who can't even hit a 10 foot jumper consistently and clogs the paint up.

Either way, we need more time to really see what Parsons is going to be all about in this system, but so far, it appears to suit him very well. He has lots of open space to work with and make things happen.
    True.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Phillip. If what you need out of your SF is just dirty work and some cheap shots (like Bruce Bowen used to do), Ariza is apparently the better "fit". But when you're playing a system where the SF needs to contribute significantly to your offense in the forms of points, assists and else, an all-round player like Parsons is surely the better fit, and that's also why Parsons is so much an upgrade over even the 11' Marion tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The offense is amazing. Love watching this unselfish team play and so many good shooters, slashers, and our bigs finishing with big dunks. The starters don't need to play big minutes. The bench easily can hold its own.
    if by "stacked" you mean old - ok.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Parsons is NOT worth that money. Period. Glad he is working out for you all, minus game one. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons is worth about 10m/yr in today's market imho, so 15m/yr doesn't look too bad. Dirk took paycut so we had the space to sign him, just like Dirk said, the extra 5m is Dirk's money. With TC coming off the book next summer and re-signed for about 5m/yr we'll still have some space to work with in the FA market imho. I heard some Texan team offered Dirk max last summer yet still got rejected straight away, enlighten me which team that was?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Parsons is NOT worth that money. Period.
    No one said he is. Why do rocketfans always have to bring up his contract? Everyone already knows he is overpaid. It's like they have some personal vendetta or something against him. Or perhaps deep down they know that Ariza is a clear downgrade but they don't want to admit that they are upset over it. I can't quite tell.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    if by "stacked" you mean old - ok.
    Considering "old" teams have won the last 9 NBA championships, I'm fine with that.

SA
    Miami
    Miami
    Dallas
    Lakers
    Lakers
    Boston
    SA
    Miami

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No one said he is. Why do rocketfans always have to bring up his contract? Everyone already knows he is overpaid. It's like they have some personal vendetta or something against him. Or perhaps deep down they know that Ariza is a clear downgrade but they don't want to admit that they are upset over it. I can't quite tell.
    I can honestly say that I absolutely love having Ariza over Parsons. He is such a bad ass defender and is not worried about trying to be something that he is not. His 3 ball is beautiful unlike Parsons hitched-flat-ass 3 pt shot. I see Ariza as a clear upgrade. The only thing Parsons can do slightly better is create off the dribble, but we don't need Ariza to do that. Plus, we got him for half the money. LOL

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Considering "old" teams have won the last 9 NBA championships, I'm fine with that.

SA
    Miami
    Miami
    Dallas
    Lakers
    Lakers
    Boston
    SA
    Miami
    Good response. I like your enthusiasm.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can honestly say that I absolutely love having Ariza over Parsons. He is such a bad ass defender and is not worried about trying to be something that he is not. His 3 ball is beautiful unlike Parsons hitched-flat-ass 3 pt shot. I see Ariza as a clear upgrade. The only thing Parsons can do slightly better is create off the dribble, but we don't need Ariza to do that. Plus, we got him for half the money. LOL
    Glad you are enjoying him. Your overly defensive response is proof that you truly are a Rockets fan.

Good response. I like your enthusiasm.
    Truth bombs. Enjoy them.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Glad you are enjoying him. Your overly defensive response is proof that you truly are a Rockets fan.

Truth bombs. Enjoy them.
    You seem pretty cool. Look fwd to rox vs mavs. gonna be epic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The only thing Parsons can do slightly better is create off the dribble, but we don't need Ariza to do that.
    what about when Harden sees that playoff logo on the court, stops getting so many ticky tack calls, and starts shooting in the 30's% again? Is Ariza's non dribbling ass gonna save him?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Look fwd to rox vs mavs. gonna be epic.
    Possibly.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Parsons is an awesome offensive player. He was held back in Houston imo. He is thriving here though. Plenty of touches since Dallas is an unselfish team. I expect him to have his best season so far this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're stackted. Dork played more minutes then Tim Duncan last night.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Parsons is an awesome offensive player. He was held back in Houston imo. He is thriving here though. Plenty of touches since Dallas is an unselfish team. I expect him to have his best season so far this year.
    No he wasn't held back. He had the freedom to do what he wanted...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ariza, monstrous again
    Spurraider banned for what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see a Mavs vs. Rockets playoff matchup this year.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    what about when Harden sees that playoff logo on the court, stops getting so many ticky tack calls, and starts shooting in the 30's% again? Is Ariza's non dribbling ass gonna save him?
    Well last year when that happened, the "best SF in the series" got taken to the woodshed by Batum, who later said that gave him motivation. Parsons in the media is hilarious. Last year he says that Dwight was his favorite player while growing up in Orlando. This year, Dirk has "always" been his favorite. Parsons is a damn fool. Match him up against a good team or someone at least as athletic as him, and he shuts down.

Mavs have been the most overrated team entering the season.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nah son, he wasn't held back. He had the 3rd most shots on the team. I can't tell you how many times the ball was passed to Parsons to give him freedom to create. Same thing with Lin. Without those two, there is a lot of ball movement now. No one trying to prove anything, or be a player that they clearly are not.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well last year when that happened, the "best SF in the series" got taken to the woodshed by Batum, who later said that gave him motivation. Parsons in the media is hilarious. Last year he says that Dwight was his favorite player while growing up in Orlando. This year, Dirk has "always" been his favorite. Parsons is a damn fool. Match him up against a good team or someone at least as athletic as him, and he shuts down.

That was probably our worst game of the season. Enjoy it while it last.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

lol taken to the woodshed

how easily impressed are you?

Thread Information