Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he makes another all-defensive team, preferably 1st team it doesn't really matter. He'd be on the inside track for the award for the next 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against the Thunder the first two games he was good and then the next two games he struggled.
    Like all team in those two games.
    So the Spurs played only four games against the Thunder last playoffs...I think the games were six, Leonard's defense changed the game 5 and his game 6 was pretty good 17 points 11 rebounds 4 ast and 1 steal which was worth the series.
    Last edited by wildchild; 11-04-2014 at 10:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is becoming a bit overrated. He is a very good young player, but far away to even being considered an All-Star
    If a player averaged only 14.7 points in his NBA career (regular season 14.7 ppg playoffs 15.4 ppg) he can be considered an All-Star?

Letīs wait before he can even outperform a 36 years old shooting guard from his own team...
    2013 Finals Leonard>>>>Manu
    Last edited by wildchild; 11-04-2014 at 11:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want KL to be lowballed? Does hes deserve it?
    I want what's best for the team. And what's best for the team is for players to take less money than what they can get in the open market so the front office has more money to sign better players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAX player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting debate in this thread. I get the vibe there is a lot of spur fans that are hoping that Kawhi can be a superstar while there are others who don't believe he can reach that level. I don't feel Kawhi is a max player in the sense that he can be a franchise player that can carry your team to the playoffs as the number 1 option. I know some will argue that he's only the third or fourth option on offense or that he's not getting over 30 plus minutes. Even with that being said its still not a given Kawhi can be a 20 point scorer even with those restrictions lifted. Nobody knows how Kawhi will react to team defenses gearing to stop him if he is the number 1 option on offense. You can also make an argument that he has also benefited at times by not being the number 1 focus of opposing defenses. There is no doubt that Kawhi will get the max on the open market due to guys like Hayward, Parsons, Kemba Walker getting overpaid.

One thing I would like to ask the OP what do you believe is Kawhi's ceiling is career wise? Do you believe he can be a 20+ scorer if given the chance. Should the spurs make him the number 1 option on offense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want what's best for the team. And what's best for the team is for players to take less money than what they can get in the open market so the front office has more money to sign better players.
    That pretty much sums it up. But Kawhi fanatics want him to get the max at any cost, Kobe-wise which is deeply disturbing to say the least ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ people thinking that FMVP means .

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this stage, Trevor Ariza is a lock to be the starter

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is that girl in your sig??? She is smoking hot.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - not going to get the same amount of minutes as his rivals..

- not as much offensive freedom..

30mpg won't get you anywhere...

Thinking about it now, kawhi has sacrificed the most in terms of touches just to get the team rolling...Its funny how all of a sudden he is better than a certain player come WCF and Finals time...Hmm
    I'm guessing you'd drink his bath water, with all the 30 threads you've started about the same topic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is that girl in your sig??? She is smoking hot.
    I wish I knew. Maybe someone here will recognize her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Spurs fans arguing about Leonard after his performances in the last 2 NBA FINALS

It's one thing to put up stats against Boston in mid-November - it's another to perform under intense pressure against the best teams in the league. Some of you are ing blind. I'm not sure Kawhi will ever average more than 16-18PPG over an entire season, but I do know he can be the best player on the court when matters.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - not going to get the same amount of minutes as his rivals..

- not as much offensive freedom..

30mpg won't get you anywhere...

Thinking about it now, kawhi has sacrificed the most in terms of touches just to get the team rolling...Its funny how all of a sudden he is better than a certain player come WCF and Finals time...Hmm
    2/11

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Well, to make the All-Star team, you have to be an All-Star or popular. Kawhi's neither.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, to make the All-Star team, you have to be an All-Star or popular. Kawhi's neither.
    But he's the Finals MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he's the Finals MVP
    As Spurs fans we should be concerned if he can't reach that level, instead happy like you guys.

Leonard playing at an all star level -like game 5 and 6 WCF and game 3, 5, 6 in the Finals- was the reason the Spurs have been able to win again.
    We find the guy who can play on both ends against Lebron and Durant and we won, the Spurs would have not won those series without Kawhi...
    So you better pray he gets his form again.
    Last edited by wildchild; 11-07-2014 at 12:05 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    As Spurs fans we should be concerned if he can't reach that level, instead happy like you guys.

Leonard playing at an all star level -like game 5 and 6 WCF and game 3, 5, 6 in the Finals- was the reason the Spurs have been able to win again.
    We find the guy who can play on both ends against Lebron and Durant and we won, the Spurs wouldn't win those series without Kawhi...
    So you better pray he gets his form again.
    Don't be obtuse. Who's laughing? Do you think people are taking pleasure in watching Leonard fail? He's shown flashes of all-star ability but, not consistently enough to move the needle. When the Spurs get finished paying off Leonard and Green this offseason, nobody's going to be laughing. I'm tired of hearing how it's everybody else's fault why Kawhi isn't thriving. "Pop's not running plays for him", "TP isn't looking in Leonard's direction", "He's not getting enough touches to be effective", etc. Leonard stand in the corner waiting for a pass. If he has the bal in his hands, he takes two dribbles and passes it. If he shoots it, he'll settle for jumpers instead of using his athleticism to get to the rim.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 11-07-2014 at 12:26 AM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 games back from no preseason and people thinks that's how he plays all the time. I guess they missed his entire playoff performances since his rookie year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been a spursfan for 20 year so I don't take joy in seeing Kawhi struggle but I will laugh at his re ed fan base because they are not spur fans. The Kawhi fanatics as I call them are a delusional bunch that I have no respect for. I have the same views as Hoops Czar on Kawhi which is its time to stop making excuses for his failures to be a star. If he clearly was a star he would find a way show it on the court consistently which he doesn't do. Paker and Manu struggled to be consistent players their first few years within the spurs system but eventually by years 3 and 4 they broke out and starting consistently playing at a high level. This is Kawhi's 4th year with the spurs if he can't breakthrough this year its never going to happen.

TBH Kawhi strikes me a player in the same type of mold as Andre Iguodala. Just like Iguodala he doesn't have the aggressive nature to be a consistent scorer every game. I remember George Karl tried to make Iguodala into a 20 point scorer by telling him to take 20 shots a game and Iguodala replied "Its not in my nature to take that many shots its not who I'am". I just have a feeling Kawhi is the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only true spurs fans will realize this team can only go as far as MVParker takes it.

mark my words. MvParker has a good season and good post season ILOVE OUR CHANCES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be obtuse. Who's laughing? Do you think people are taking pleasure in watching Leonard fail?
    Yes.
    "I'm actually grateful for nights like these"..."But he's the Finals MVP " ...

He's shown flashes of all-star ability but, not consistently enough to move the needle. When the Spurs get finished paying off Leonard and Green this offseason, nobody's going to be laughing. I'm tired of hearing how it's everybody else's fault why Kawhi isn't thriving. "Pop's not running plays for him", "TP isn't looking in Leonard's direction", "He's not getting enough touches to be effective", etc. Leonard stand in the corner waiting for a pass. If he has the bal in his hands, he takes two dribbles and passes it. If he shoots it, he'll settle for jumpers instead of using his athleticism to get to the rim.
    You are the guy who said Leonard is similar Bruce, right?
    Leonard was the 2nd most effective post up player in the league last season, he receives the ball in the post? no. He runs -at least once- the pick and roll? no. How you think the Spurs are developing his offensive game?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yes.
    "I'm actually grateful for nights like these"..."But he's the Finals MVP " ...

You are the guy who said Leonard is similar Bruce, right?
    Leonard was the 2nd most effective post up player in the league last season, he receives the ball in the post? no. He runs -at least once- the pick and roll? no. How you think the Spurs are developing his offensive game?
    Does he have enough touches to qualify for being 2nd most effective post up player in the league? Are you doubting the leagues greatest coaching staff? The 2nd greatest coach of all time? Are you saying they're incompetent? Maybe, just maybe the Spurs coaching staff has a behind the scenes view of Leonard that isn't as appealing to the naked eye. Pop isn't into holding hands. If Leonard wants to show the coaching staff that he deserves more of an opportunity on the offensive end, he needs to take it upon himself to be more assertive and aggressive when he does have the ball by shooting it or taking it strong to the basket. His value right now is strictly on the defensive end. Oh, and his defense tonight was far less than stellar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been a spursfan for 20 year so I don't take joy in seeing Kawhi struggle but I will laugh at his re ed fan base because they are not spur fans. The Kawhi fanatics as I call them are a delusional bunch that I have no respect for.
    I'm Spurs fan since I was born but I don't call re ed or disrespect any new Spurs fan. Instead, I celebrate that Leonard attracted new guys because a small market team like the Spurs need new fans to expand.

If he clearly was a star he would find a way show it on the court consistently which he doesn't do. Paker and Manu struggled to be consistent players their first few years within the spurs system but eventually by years 3 and 4 they broke out and starting consistently playing at a high level.
    How can compare Tony and Manu in their fourth year (2006)? Pop called a lot of plays for them and they didn't have a Big 3 above them like Leonard has now.

TBH Kawhi strikes me a player in the same type of mold as Andre Iguodala. Just like Iguodala he doesn't have the aggressive nature to be a consistent scorer every game. I remember George Karl tried to make Iguodala into a 20 point scorer by telling him to take 20 shots a game and Iguodala replied "Its not in my nature to take that many shots its not who I'am". I just have a feeling Kawhi is the same way.
    Leonard said he wants to be that guy, it's not the same situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have enough touches to qualify for being 2nd most effective post up player in the league?
    Since when a player needs a lot of touches for those post up stats? A minimum required doesn't mean get enough touches on a team.

Are you doubting the leagues greatest coaching staff? The 2nd greatest coach of all time? Are you saying they're incompetent? Maybe, just maybe the Spurs coaching staff has a behind the scenes view of Leonard that isn't as appealing to the naked eye. Pop isn't into holding hands. If Leonard wants to show the coaching staff that he deserves more of an opportunity on the offensive end, he needs to take it upon himself to be more assertive and aggressive when he does have the ball by shooting it or taking it strong to the basket.
    He didn't show that in two last playoffs? He didn't prove he can be aggressive and effective if he can have more playing time?? And the team run the same way, again.

His value right now is strictly on the defensive end
    Right now? When? After his third game? Sure, three games and he forgot his game...Who's the "obtuse" now?
    Last edited by wildchild; 11-07-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Thread Information