Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of them suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what happens when you give scrubs starting minutes. They're all 4th/5th BIGs off the bench.

I was way more concerned with Tony's display. He was absolutely atrocious last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is fine for spot min and very useful during RS and had a decent POs run
    Baynes will be alright, he had a solid rookie year

Errors is a ing mess tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add Daye and make it the Crapper Quad.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes didn't back down an was not afraid to contest the shot. I saw the replay and Baynes is not the
    one who will be sore today from the collision under the baskett......

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is trash. Dude cant score in compe ive game to save his life. Errors sucks ass. Dayes sucks . Baynes is alright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres is on another level. I'll actually go so far as to say he might be the worst basketball player I've ever seen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayers is beyond laughable now. He's scary bad. I've played with guys at Gold's who could catch and shoot better than that slap .
    I'm laughing and crying at the same time. He sucks so ing bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys expect all star performances from every spur on the roster...we have a mish-mash of mid level talent (after tim,tony,manu,kawhi). I personally think Baynes grabbing 7 Offensive rebounds and finishing with a dbl-dbl vs the rockets to be a good thing. Cory played outstanding and we played without key guys...Rockets fans can get all excited about the win, but in reality all they did was blow out our 2nd-3rd tier players. And personally I believe Tony was checked out of that game before the 2nd quarter, so he doesn't count!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayers plays some d but obviously sucks. Daye is a spaghetti body whith limited skills who really needs to shoot well but doesn't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why the Spurs kept Ayres and Daye. Ayres, I can understand since he is under contract and the Spurs were probably too stingy to unload him (maybe a 2nd round pick and cash considerations to a tanking team could have done it). Daye on the other hand is a complete ing mystery. Dude is terrible, has always been terrible, played terribly in the preseason and summer league, and is still terrible. I don't know why the Spurs ever kept his unguaranteed contract.

Never stop improving. The Spurs hate change but sometimes it's necessary to improve. It's not like the Spurs are taking a gigantic risk rotating out their 13th and 14th man either. Take any other shot in the dark player and at worse, the Spurs just get equally ty end of the bench players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turd trio's favorite song...

Chorus @ 1:08

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's funny, wasn't Baynes once dubbed the Howard stopper?
    Yeah, but he's not. There were a couple of possessions where Dwight Howard missed some tougher looking hook shots that I thought Baynes defended well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner can't even shoot anymore so he seriously is awful. Thing is teams haven't figured this out yet and still mark him as some deadly 3 pt shooter so he still can serve a purpose ala OKC last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes didn't back down an was not afraid to contest the shot. I saw the replay and Baynes is not the
    one who will be sore today from the collision under the baskett......
    True that. He may have gotten posterized by Harden but , at least he tried to go for a block. Anyone who's seen a Spurs game knows Ayres would just stand off to the side and do his little yell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. He may have gotten posterized by Harden but , at least he tried to go for a block. Anyone who's seen a Spurs game knows Ayres would just stand off to the side and do his little yell.
    Ayres would have backed away and fouled him simultaneously somehow. Then he would of yelled "ughh" and clapped his hands together and continued looking like a wit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, they are typical bench warmers, not sure what some of you expect..

I understand the Ayres hate, since he inexplicably received a contract that indicated that he possessed some talent and ablity, with the implication that he was going to play the role of 4th big..he's one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen, as many have echoed..

Daye was traded for Nando, another scrub that barely played, and at the time of the trade, most Spurs fans knew that he wasn't a good player that would contribute anything..there were no expectations of Daye as a Spur, he has always been an awful player..

Baynes is a typical big at the end of the bench, he isn't a bad player..he's competent enough to occasionally play the 4th big role in certain matchups..he isn't worse than the 10th or 11th man on any other team, or even the 4th big on most other teams..

Bonner is a typical, washed-up veteran at the end of the bench out of respect of his stature in the organization, it's virtually a lock that he's going to receive a position in the organization following his official retirement..

I agree that the Spurs could have added another player to the roster to improve, but it's still possible that they could make a minor move later in the season(or Anderson could be better than we expect)..
    Last edited by Malik Hairston; 11-07-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres and Daye aren't really NBA caliber. They've managed to fool their way into surprisingly lengthy careers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk hyperbole machine goes into overdrive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without googling it, can anyone remember who the 13th, 14th, and 15th guys on the 72 win Bulls were? Who was the last guy off the bench for the 90s Rockets led by Hakeem who won back to back championships? The way people on Spurstalk obsess over and insult the end of the Spurs' bench is so ridiculous.

Thread Information