Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for hating on Ubisoft, tbh, but I'm playing Unity on this new box and graphics are crazy good...
    So what do you think of Unity after a few days with it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you think of Unity after a few days with it?
    I like it... it's more of the same, tbh, but if you like the series, it's cool... it gets a bit repe ive after a while, but that's normal for the series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also got a repack of DL... when I need a break from Unity, I switch to that, and then back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also got a repack of DL... when I need a break from Unity, I switch to that, and then back
    Dying Light? That game is crack, I don't know how you could put it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dying Light? That game is crack, I don't know how you could put it down.
    Just launched it, played until you get over the crane to another building... I'm at the very, very start... Not that tired of Unity yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just launched it, played until you get over the crane to another building... I'm at the very, very start... Not that tired of Unity yet
    You're still just smoking the crack.. By the time you hit your first night in game, you'll be shooting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still just smoking the crack.. By the time you hit your first night in game, you'll be shooting it.
    tbh, I'm not that into zombie/horror games... but the little i've seen so far looks good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I'm not that into zombie/horror games... but the little i've seen so far looks good
    Zombie games are played out to me, but they did a good job combining the parkour with the melee 1st person combat.

You'll start to open up some new moves and abilities and that's when the game starts getting fun, even better with 3 other people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far I've played it until I destroy the drop with the medicine, and it's been meh, tbh... does it get any better or it's all jumping around like a monkey doing missions?

The melee fighting is stupid, IMO... sucks you have to do it to clear out some areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far I've played it until I destroy the drop with the medicine, and it's been meh, tbh... does it get any better or it's all jumping around like a monkey doing missions?

The melee fighting is stupid, IMO... sucks you have to do it to clear out some areas.
    Damn, I really dig the B-movie soundtrack and film grain in the game, and the graphics look pretty amazing. Plus the game runs so smoothly after the 1.4 patch. It does get better when you upgrade your character to do really nasty Fallout style kills with swords and sickles, but if you don't like it now I doubt you'll like it later. I don't quite put it at GTA V level, but it's one of my favorite open world action games I have played. Either Dying Light or Witcher 3 would be my favorite game of 2015, it's a tough call between them (I view GTA V as a 2013 game since that's when I first played it on XPoor360).

What the man, you like Unity and don't like Dying Light?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate it, I just have a hard time getting into it, and it hasn't felt "fun" yet. It has a bunch of things that I don't like:

- Crafting, which makes you waste your time scavenging for .
    - When you die, it takes you the far away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again)
    - The fight "stamina" is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? smh

I finished Unity yesterday, so I'm gonna keep playing it, but hopefully this gets better quick. The story started kinda intriguing, but now you're basically a bag...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the man, you like Unity and don't like Dying Light?
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Crafting, which makes you waste your time scavenging for . Crafting is such a minor part in the game, you find a ton of good and even guns as you go. After playing for a while you'll have collected a ton of , then you can go back and create all the you found blueprints for.

- When you die, it takes you the far away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again) Then don't die?

- The fight "stamina" is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? You've gotta level up.. can't expect him to be a beast in the beginning of the story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta at least get to the part where you see Jade's ties, ElNono.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved setting all the zombie traps in Dying Light. And guns are terrible, the sound attracts the strongest zombies to you. I love once you have swords and sickles and can chop their heads off too, and exploring Harran is ing fun. I love the one office building with the guy making the distress call. Open world games with tons of side quests are always my favorite though. All my favorite games of this type: Elder Scrolls series, Grand Theft Auto series, Fallout series, Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3, Dying Light, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - When you die, it takes you the far away to a safe zone, now you have to cross half the city again (and if you die, again) Then don't die?

- The fight "stamina" is ridiculous. You can run and climb for 10 mins straight, but 4 swings with a pipe and you're tired? You've gotta level up.. can't expect him to be a beast in the beginning of the story.
    this is an oxymoron, tbh...

I've played a few more missions now... it's still pretty turrbile, but not turrible enough to just stop playing it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is an oxymoron, tbh...

I've played a few more missions now... it's still pretty turrbile, but not turrible enough to just stop playing it...
    If you think it sucks at the beginning you're probably going to think it sucks the whole way through. The thirty hour campaign probably isn't enough time to teach you how to have good taste in games tbh. Since you like that sucks can I recommend you try Watch Dogs instead? You might also consider GTA IV and NBA Elite 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think it sucks at the beginning you're probably going to think it sucks the whole way through. The thirty hour campaign probably isn't enough time to teach you how to have good taste in games tbh. Since you like that sucks can I recommend you try Watch Dogs instead? You might also consider GTA IV and NBA Elite 11.
    I played Watchdogs the whole way through... it was good, not as good as GTA V, but it was fun... GTA IV was though, only GTA I didn't complete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played Watchdogs the whole way through... it was good
    not sure if srs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I got 30 minutes into Watch Dogs and uninstalled it because of the ty control and substandard graphics. I felt just like I was playing GTA IV. The intro stage at Wrigley Field was actually really cool, but the game nosedived bigtime after that I thought. The protagonist even reminded me of Niko Bellic with his whining about his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, what are you talking about? Metacritic has Watch Dogs rated about the same as Dying Light... mid 70's, which I would concur it's a good rating for these games...

The biggest issue with dying light is that the zombie theme is played out and completely uninteresting to me and it's a great excuse to make the enemy AI re ed...

On top of that, you control a mouthbreather beisbol player that can't swing a wrench 4 times without getting winded...

But I'm taking y'all word for it that it gets better down the road, and I'm still going through it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I got 30 minutes into Watch Dogs and uninstalled it because of the ty control and substandard graphics. I felt just like I was playing GTA IV. The intro stage at Wrigley Field was actually really cool, but the game nosedived bigtime after that I thought. The protagonist even reminded me of Niko Bellic with his whining about his family.
    I liked the stealth mode play... reminded me of some of the older Hitman games. I can't tell you about gfx as I played that on the XLOL 360, but the game had it's moments, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with dying light is that the zombie theme is played out and completely uninteresting to me and it's a great excuse to make the enemy AI re ed...
    Last zombie game I played was Dead Rising, so I guess I'm not burned out on the zombie genre.

But the AI for the volatiles is pretty good at night.

On top of that, you control a mouthbreather beisbol player that can't swing a wrench 4 times without getting winded...
    C'mon man, having a lead character that can't do at the beginning of an RPG can't be new to you. Remember how you'd get wrecked by geckos and in the first hour or two of Fallout 2?

But I'm taking y'all word for it that it gets better down the road, and I'm still going through it...
    I don't think you'll like it. I loved the game from the very beginning. Cut your losses and pirate something new tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metacritic is pretty much the worst place to judge a game on the net

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metacritic is pretty much the worst place to judge a game on the net
    I'm still giving IGN that le for giving GTA IV at 10/10 rating back when the only game that got a perfect 10 was Ocarina of Time.

Thread Information