Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    One good thing that will probably come from all this is the end to those LSU vs Savannah St type games. Yes we all know why they were played but it's not good for the game. At least schedule the MAC/Mountain West/Conference USA/Military schools, leave the HBCU schools alone they don't belong there.

Back before blacks players were allowed to play in the SEC, Grambling had some teams that could be compe ive. That was long ago however. These schools get those nobody wants or like in the Isiah Crowel case, nobody can put up with them.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-08-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Post Count
    To be fair to Ohio State and FSU, their OOC schedule were better than TCU and especially Baylor and the ACC was on par with the Big 12 from top to bottom. The Big 10 was obviously worse, but Ohio State had a decent non conference schedule outside of Kent State.

To be fair to Ohio State and FSU, their OOC schedule were better than TCU and especially Baylor and the ACC was on par with the Big 12 from top to bottom. The Big 10 was obviously worse, but Ohio State had a decent non conference schedule outside of Kent State.
    The thing is it just looks weird.

USC
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    TCU
    Ohio State
    FSU
    Michigan
    Oregon
    LSU

....now who just doesn't belong?

Post Count
    The thing is it just looks weird.

USC
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    TCU
    Ohio State
    FSU
    Michigan
    Oregon
    LSU

....now who just doesn't belong?
    I know tradition is important but fairness has to be involved and this year's TCU team would crush alot of those teams on the list. Also don't forget, they play in one of the biggest markets in the country.

Post Count
    Alabama
    TCU
    Oregon
    Baylor

FSU might be undefeated but they haven't looked impressive at all this year. TCU looked more impressive in their one loss than FSU looked all season long. Baylor hiring their stupid PR firm and pushing hard to overtake TCU in the rankings is what caused the committee to move them both out, tbh. The Big 12 really ed themselves by not having a championship game either.

Post Count
    Committee screwed up by putting TCU @ #3 last week. How do they fall two spots after trouncing Iowa State?
    They shouldn't have been little es and kept destroying them, tbh. If TCU won 70 or 80 to 10, I think the committee might have kept them in there. Then again, Baylor's PR firm is probably what really ed everything up for the Big 12.

Post Count
    Then again, Baylor's PR firm is probably what really ed everything up for the Big 12.
    How so?

Post Count
    TCU and the Big 12 would be represented in the inaugural college football playoffs if it wasn't for Baylor running around hiring pr firms to try and convince the World that they're the ones that should really be in the playoffs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Despite the fact that Wisconsin lost to Northwestern this season, the Ohio State blowout was convincing to a committee that included former Badgers head coach Barry Alvarez and former Cornhuskers head coach and athletic director Tom Osborne, who probably isn't such a big fan of the Big 12 after leaving the conference.

Meanwhile, the only voice for the Big 12 was West Virginia athletics director Oliver Luck.

Post Count
    The win over Wisconsin is highly overrated. I watched them in person against LSU in Houston and their QB is terrible. Worst QB I've seen. They have no passing game.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Despite the fact that Wisconsin lost to Northwestern this season, the Ohio State blowout was convincing to a committee that included former Badgers head coach Barry Alvarez and former Cornhuskers head coach and athletic director Tom Osborne, who probably isn't such a big fan of the Big 12 after leaving the conference.

Meanwhile, the only voice for the Big 12 was West Virginia athletics director Oliver Luck.
    Sucks for TCU.
    A credible committee is undermined by the make up being skewed.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The win over Wisconsin is highly overrated. I watched them in person against LSU in Houston and their QB is terrible. Worst QB I've seen. They have no passing game.
    This says a lot as the LSU QB situation is pretty horrid.

Post Count
    This says a lot as the LSU QB situation is pretty horrid.
    LSU's QB was clearly better that night. That Stave guy for the Badgers is terrible.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Alabama
    TCU
    Oregon
    Baylor

FSU might be undefeated but they haven't looked impressive at all this year. TCU looked more impressive in their one loss than FSU looked all season long. Baylor hiring their stupid PR firm and pushing hard to overtake TCU in the rankings is what caused the committee to move them both out, tbh. The Big 12 really ed themselves by not having a championship game either.
    You can't leave out a team that's 13-0 and the defending national champion, regardless of how unimpressive they've looked in their wins. If the heavyweight champ wins every fight in a 12-round decision he's still the heavyweight champ.

Post Count
    I agree. FSU had to be in.

Ohio State's schedule was tougher apparently than TCU or Baylor. Really all 3 teams had good cases. I think in the end this was Ohio State getting in over TCU due to winning their conference and over Baylor due to strength of schedule though in the past conference championships wasn't an important criteria (Nebraska 2001, OU 2003, Bama 2011).

Post Count
    Well, do you want the 4 best teams or not? lol

Also, I don't know how the committee had Ohio State jump TCU when they're going to be playing with a 3rd string quarterback the rest of the way. They had a one game sample size of him running the offense, and while it was impressive, they shouldn't automatically assume that he's going to lead the offense like that in the coming games.
    Last edited by SupremeGuy; 12-08-2014 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    You must not see very many QBs then, because there are plenty worse. Also you must not have paid attention when you were "in person" in Houston as Tanner McEvoy was the QB for Wisconsin that night and not Joel Stave, who was the Wisconsin QB for the B1G Championship game.

I know facts are hard.

Post Count
    I agree. FSU had to be in.

Ohio State's schedule was tougher apparently than TCU or Baylor. Really all 3 teams had good cases. I think in the end this was Ohio State getting in over TCU due to winning their conference and over Baylor due to strength of schedule though in the past conference championships wasn't an important criteria (Nebraska 2001, OU 2003, Bama 2011).

Post Count
    You must not see very many QBs then, because there are plenty worse. Also you must not have paid attention when you were "in person" in Houston as Tanner McEvoy was the QB for Wisconsin that night and not Joel Stave, who was the Wisconsin QB for the B1G Championship game.

I know facts are hard.
    You're right. It was McAvoy. Crap. Yeah he sucked.

At the end of the day 59-0 is impressive. I got no beef with OSU and I think they will give Bama a battle. The real problem is leaving out quality teams like TCU and I guess Baylor who I don't like but they are 11-1 and legitimate Big12 champs.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Well, do you want the 4 best teams or not?
    I want the most deserving teams. To me FSU is clearly deserving.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    At the end of the day 59-0 is impressive. I got no beef with OSU and I think they will give Bama a battle. The real problem is leaving out quality teams like TCU and I guess Baylor who I don't like but they are 11-1 and legitimate Big12 champs.
    I agree, but at the end of the day when the announcement for 4 was made, we all knew someone would get left out from a power conference or two. TCU and Baylor are very good teams and both along with Ohio State have flaws in their resume so someone was going to get left out. I would like to see it be 8 teams, but 4 is better than the two we were previously getting. There will always be controversy over teams 4, 5 etc.... and even 8, 9, etc... if the field gets to 8, but it is better than just the two we were getting.

Post Count
    I'm ok with 8 teams, but I think to reward the teams with great regular seasons, they need to make the first round or quarterfinals on the top seeds home field. I don't know who finished 7th or 8th, but it would be cool seeing some teams from warmer climates travel to cold climates which you never see in college football.

Post Count
    I want the most deserving teams. To me FSU is clearly deserving.
    meh... it's a matter of opinion. I'd rather reward a team that's been impressive all year long but had one "bad" weekend when they lost by 3 in a game they choked away, than a team that's needed ref help and miracles just to squeak by week by week.

Post Count
    meh... it's a matter of opinion. I'd rather reward a team that's been impressive all year long but had one "bad" weekend when they lost by 3 in a game they choked away, than a team that's needed ref help and miracles just to squeak by week by week.
    That's why both teams should be in. Really they need to find a way to reward quality teams and not just leave them out.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I just can't help but think of all the teams in recent CFB history- Alabama in 1992, Tennessee in '98, Ohio State in '02- that rarely looked dominant, got a lot of breaks, but simply won football games. At the end of the day winning is what matters.

Thread Information