Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not even a serious question. We already know why.
    Why didn't texas play us in the cotton bowl in 2012?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is just getting pathetic now. Aggy said Anytime anyplace. Pussies.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    This is just getting pathetic now. Aggy said Anytime anyplace. Pussies.
    So, answer the question.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This has already been explained.
    So easy to revise history. Google/wikipedia/ESPN.com/etc believe it went down differently.

OU dropped out of potential Orange Bowl when Northern Illinois finished with 12-1 and took their expected BCS opportunity (Orange Bowl had to take NU with last selection due to NU making top 14). This dropped OU to the Cotton Bowl. The Cotton Bowl couldn't justify taking 8-4 Texas over OU team everybody thought would play in BCS bowl. Of course before this happened people thought Texas would be the top choice.

Now if you did say our AD expressed not wanting to play Ags if scenario came up you'd be correct. Although I was never a fan of Dodds at least he had the balls to publicly state he didn't want to play the game instead of saying it only in backdoor meeting rooms while publicly stating he wanted the matchup.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The SEC chooses our bowl game. Our AD has never stated he wanted to avoid playing Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The SEC chooses our bowl game. Our AD has never stated he wanted to avoid playing Texas.
    He didn't say he wanted to play Texas either

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Texas fans so excited over a 6-6 season. A&M fans are impartial and disinterested after we feel was a bad year. Don't care who we are playing or what anyone is saying right now. Texas fans are all giddy after a 6-6 year . in pathetic. "You are scared to play us :; Your AD never said he wanted to play us :.

We both sucked this year. lol 6-6 in the big 12. Texas fans would have chalked that up as a major embarrassment 5 years ago. How the times have changed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas fans so excited over a 6-6 season. A&M fans are impartial and disinterested after we feel was a bad year. Don't care who we are playing or what anyone is saying right now. Texas fans are all giddy after a 6-6 year . in pathetic. "You are scared to play us :; Your AD never said he wanted to play us :.

We both sucked this year. lol 6-6 in the big 12. Texas fans would have chalked that up as a major embarrassment 5 years ago. How the times have changed.
    Ducking the question like ducking the bowl game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Weak for A&M and the SEC to let this happen. Bad for college football and the fans. A&M should have been in that bowl game and no excuse otherwise.
    Especially with Houston being right down the street. If WVU was in the Texas bowl instead of Texas, Aggy/SEC takes it basically being a home game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ducking the question like ducking the bowl game.
    What question ?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Especially with Houston being right down the street. If WVU was in the Texas bowl instead of Texas, Aggy/SEC takes it basically being a home game.
    This statement right here shows that you don't know a damn thing about what you are talking about. A&M never got "invited" anywhere . The SEC tells its teams where to go and that's the end of it. There are no "invites" that could have been turned down.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why did Aggy go out of state to play a BIG12 Team instead of staying home?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This statement right here shows that you don't know a damn thing about what you are talking about. A&M never got "invited" anywhere . The SEC tells its teams where to go and that's the end of it. There are no "invites" that could have been turned down.
    So you admit they ducked

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Aggy duckedPERIOD and the SEC helped.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Why did Aggy go out of state to play a BIG12 Team instead of staying home?
    Because that's where they were told to go. It's not like the Texas Bowl called them up and said you want to come play here? Doesn't work that way.

Could A&M have called the SEC up and made more of an effort to make the game happen? I don't know, maybe. Not going to sit here and act like I know how the process works.

If Texas called A&M right now and wanted to start playing ever year again, A&M would make it happen.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Were talking about the Texas Bowl here. You guys declined a matchup in 2012 at Jerryworld in the Cotton Bowl. That's embarrassing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Because that's where they were told to go. It's not like the Texas Bowl called them up and said you want to come play here? Doesn't work that way.

Could A&M have called the SEC up and made more of an effort to make the game happen? I don't know, maybe. Not going to sit here and act like I know how the process works.

If Texas called A&M right now and wanted to start playing ever year again, A&M would make it happen.
    please. They knew officials from the Texas bowl would prefer that matchup, hence the bull excuse from the SEC

“The regional significance of the bowl is already compelling for fans, and then when you consider a matchup like Texas and Texas A&M, if that does happen, that would really be outstanding for fans, our community and the two schools,” Texas Bowl president Jamey Rootes said. “Fortunately Texas has gotten bowl eligible to be in the conversation. There are some exciting scenarios coming to light, and certainly Texas and Texas A&M is one.”

Multiple insiders said Sunday one possible reservation on the part of the SEC is A&M playing consecutive games in NRG Stadium – even if they’re in different seasons. The Aggies and Arizona State open their 2015 swings on Sept. 5 in the Advocare Texas Kickoff.
    http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...00-texas-bowl/

Pussed out

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    pussied out of the cotton bowl. scared to take on a&m in a primetime bowl vs a heisman winner.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    6-6 longhorns.... so scary

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    at the idea of someone being scared of either Texas or A&M

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Were talking about the Texas Bowl here. You guys declined a matchup in 2012 at Jerryworld in the Cotton Bowl. That's embarrassing.
    A bowl game with a 3 million dollar payout, and the Liberty bowl with a 1.4 million dollar payout

Pussed out
    taking a lesser payout to avoid playing daddy

http://www.statisticbrain.com/colleg...-game-payouts/
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 12-09-2014 at 12:10 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    pussied out of the cotton bowl. scared to take on a&m in a primetime bowl vs a heisman winner.
    OU was better than Texas, when Texas was 8-4 and could not be justified being taken over OU. Eggy

Thread Information