Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo has been one of the worst defensive PGs in the NBA, this season..his assignments shoot 53% against him according to SportsVu, and the Celtics are statistically one of the 5 worst teams in the league at defending PGs..

Obviously the hope is that Rondo has been coasting on defense and conserving his body, which is probably likely, I highly doubt he has given any effort with Boston the past few years..he'll probably play harder defense with the Mavs, since his offensive role is going to be diminished, I expect him to at least be an above average defender..

Still, though, we don't know that yet..he's 28 or 29 years old and coming off an ACL tear, at a position where the defensive impact is largely limited..it's possible, but unlikely..either way, Jameer Nelson is arguably the worst defensive PG in the NBA, so Rondo will be an upgrade, of course..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best trade made by them Mavs since the Dirk trade tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the best trade made by them Mavs since the Dirk trade tbh.
    Right now first trade to acquire Daddy Chandler is still better than this one, because it ended up with a le. The Rondo trade is still too early to judge, Rogue, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    30% 3pt shooter.
    Google for his corner three percentage and be surprised...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Heard this same hype before the season by Mavs fans.
    Before Rondo came, the Mavs were only 3.5 games behind GS (who has been off to a historic type of start) for the #1 seed in the West. I'd say they have been a real good team considering how good the West currently is.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    mavs stacked . can't even hate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move by the Mavs. Cuban and the rest of the Mavs front office always go all out trying to get better via trade or free agency. The Mavs already had enough scorers so getting a pass first point guard is just what they needed. It will take some time for the Mavs team to mesh, but they are no doubt a le contender.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The mavericks approach to their roster is flawed in my view. They have no clue how to draft -they don't value their number one picks at all - they are not terrific at player development either. Most of their #1 picks stick around for a year or two and are then dealt for a veteran guy from another team.

As a result, they are constantly tearing up their roster resulting in zero continuity. They are going all in for this year, when it counts these guys may not know each other that well in the playoffs.

The owner and the GM in Dallas have no patience at all.
    Now i agree with the comments about drafting but player development so much. Brandan was off the trash heap and crowder was a late second rounder. They just turned that and a late 2016 pick into rondo. I'm not a tremendous fan of rondo, but that is some decent return on investment.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It MIGHT work, but I think a lot of the other WC teams will lean on their collective experience in playoffs. Rondo has had a lot of physical issues in recent years. The team is pretty thin up front too.

There is no young talent coming up in Dallas. Their last 3 #1 picks have now been dealt. The Spurs have drafted in same neighborhood as Dallas for a long time and have have a lot of guys drafted #1 that have played in the NBA for a long long time. Even guys like Beno Udrich and Mahimi, while not staying in SA, have been rotation players and contributors. SA has to get production from the draft - they can't go buy a roster.

Have the Mavericks drafted anyone good in the last decade? I'm not sure they have. Lots of busts along the way. Devin Harris might be the best pick and they got rid of him too for awhile.

I admit I wish failure on the Mavies every day of the week, so I hope it blows up in their collective faces. I believe Cuban simply could not stand seeing the Spurs win another le and he is doing everything in his power to throw together a championship roster on the fly. It probably won't work.
    If you are saying the mavs cannot draft/build talent,like pop and the spurs...well duh. But this latest rebuild has been pretty spectacular tbh. They were the dumbest front office in themworld after their championship. But since they have stopped dreaming of dwight, they have been solid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Now i agree with the comments about drafting but player development so much. Brandan was off the trash heap and crowder was a late second rounder. They just turned that and a late 2016 pick into rondo. I'm not a tremendous fan of rondo, but that is some decent return on investment.
    Wright is good enough to be a starter. Not appreciated enough to how vital he has been to this years Mavs. He basically is our bench. Crowder was alright. I liked his defense and hustle. But inconsistent on offense. But still good for depth. Dirk and Chandler need quality backups.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs ready for a le run, hardest division in the NBA. You could argue that if there was an all star team per division such team would be the best.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^They got the core back intact, but, do they still have enough?

The problem is we won't know that until it is over.

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I hope Dirk ruptures a blood vessel causing his leg to be amputated. the Mavs and their got fanbase.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope Dirk ruptures a blood vessel causing his leg to be amputated. the Mavs and their got fanbase.
    You were gonna lose him anyway come July. Then you'd a ended up with nary a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of. This way you got a box full of, well, junk, but, at least it's something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban's a good owner. Mavs made a great deal. Not gonna hate. Hope they play OKC in the playoffs

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were gonna lose him anyway come July. Then you'd a ended up with nary a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of. This way you got a box full of, well, junk, but, at least it's something.
    Draft picks and $12.9 million trade exception is consider "junk"? Clown ass laker fan.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol you are so salty over losing rondo and only getting brandan wright in return. dude is overrated outside of a few fancy dunks and oops. to weak to defend bigs and can't shoot.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Draft picks and $12.9 million trade exception is consider "junk"? Clown ass laker fan.
    Lakers don't do draft:::

It's their religion

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    awwww the mad little leprechaun is salty

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    lol you are so salty over losing rondo and only getting brandan wright in return. dude is overrated outside of a few fancy dunks and oops. to weak to defend bigs and can't shoot.
    The cancer will spread. Cuban will regret the transaction. Trust me, you're going to wish you stayed with your roster.
    Lol shut up carrot top

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The cancer will spread. Cuban will regret the transaction. Trust me, you're going to wish you stayed with your roster.
    then why the anger? you should be glad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick is good enough to make this work. Considering the Mavs didn't really give up for a massive upgrade over Jameer then this is a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he playing tonight?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    is he playing tonight?
    yup!

Thread Information